Rifles to bottom:
Ithica 12 guage
remington r25 (.308)
Interarms .223
Springfield 1892 30-40 Krag

Handguns:
Glock 21 SF
Heritage .22lr/.22mag

Bought a bent bolt Mosin Nagant about a week ago with the thought of swapping the stock out. Here's the before and after.

00d9c343.jpg

2c21901a.jpg

d0a36f57.jpg

I will be adding a bipod and a scope in the near future. Looks and feels great.

Thats eye opening D1NO, as it went from a relic to a pretty sharp weapon in about 2-3 minutes.

Thats eye opening D1NO, as it went from a relic to a pretty sharp weapon in about 2-3 minutes.

Absolutely. I love the new feel of the rifle. A modern Mosin shooting 762x54r. Should be fun.

I can't wait to shoot it. I'll probably go out in the next week or so.

Picked up this RTF2 model Glock a few days ago from my work. Could not pass on this one. You don't see these often and they didn't make many. Got it for $389.
56365c39.jpg

be790338.jpg

Video from my Droid Razr of a blade made in 1581. Thought it was from the same smith as another sword I bought but the sigs are different so its off to Japan for papers.

Notice the different polish. When the white color extends from the hamon (the line created in hardening) to the blade it is due to polishing. This is a museum type polish, as seen here.

220px-Kissaki.jpg

The sword in my video is not museum polished, it is polished for cutting as only the hamon is white and appears naturally. The martensite steel blade (harder than the back of the sword) is often a little shinier too, as seen in the video.

Unless it is worth an ungodly amount (doubtful) it is to be one of my main cutting swords.

I always enjoy looking your blade related post Supernova, Ive always wanted a quality katana for a reasonable price, I may have to start looking closer at them and doing some research.

I always enjoy looking your blade related post Supernova, Ive always wanted a quality katana for a reasonable price, I may have to start looking closer at them and doing some research.

Thanks man! There are a couple sites that you can get non-Japanese blades that perform well. If you are looking for a Japanese made true nihonto, you are looking at about $5k entry level.

Unless it is worth an ungodly amount (doubtful) it is to be one of my main cutting swords.

Seriously? You're going to use a 1581 blade to cut things? What are you cutting?
I thought these were only collector show items. I'd use my kitchen knife instead. :icon_conf

Seriously? You're going to use a 1581 blade to cut things? What are you cutting?
I thought these were only collector show items. I'd use my kitchen knife instead. :icon_conf

Tameshigiri. I have a couple acres of bamboo growing on my property that I practice cut on all the time. Keeps me in shape.

As a backnote I have trained kenjutsu for 20+ years and I possess menkyo kaiden for my style. Menkyo kaiden is the right to teach/right of transmission.

I do have collector blades, my best is a 1321 Soshu Yukimitsu pushing $700,000.

424819_3453770433000_2094146492_n.jpg

If you look a few pages back you can see some of my other blades. I actually have a blade made in 1983 that is worth more than blades from the 1400's. Its not just age but the quality of the smith and the blade that determine the worth.

Knives

IMG_20120812_011023.jpg

Misc.

IMG_20120812_012135.jpg

Titanium knuckles made by my grandfather with a custom fit (would never use them)

IMG_20120812_012656.jpg

Gun

IMG_20120812_013114.jpg

Sengo Muramasa spear circa 1500 (these pics aren't mine, I will post fresh pics after it comes back from getting appraised)

muramasaspear.jpg

14.jpg

sugata-l-2.jpg

And the wooden staff that holds it (note that is a wooden 'blank' in the handle instead of the actual blade):

muramasa1.jpg

koshirae-l.jpg

Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Sengo Muramasa spear circa 1500 (these pics aren't mine, I will post fresh pics after it comes back from getting appraised)

Beautiful stuff ... I guess it takes a trained swordsman to REALLY appreciate these things.

Beautiful stuff ... I guess it takes a trained swordsman to REALLY appreciate these things.

Nah... you just have to see a real blade in person. Makes those stainless steel Highlander plastic handled pieces of shit look like kid's toys.

Rock Island Armory M1911A1
RIAM1911A_zps62063f7b.jpg

STP81642_zps5c01ba81.jpg

Ruger SR-22P TALO
STP81643_zpsd25735de.jpg

STP81645_zpsa2e8f39a.jpg

SigPro SP2022 9x19mm
STP81646_zpsfe40d5dd.jpg

STP81647_zpse9f605d1.jpg

Back