Reconstruction: knees & shoulder

On mobile, can't view. But -- yussssss! Good stuff, miaou.

Yusssss! Thanks, bro :icon_chee

Sick squat miaou! Your 190 attempt looked like my 185 haha.

Thanks, toons!

You're really close. Your 185 attempt yesterday was probably just a few days/workouts early.

Congratulations on the meet meet and the 185kg squat, double BW ftw!

Thanks, kid!

Awesome squat! You tied cheez whiz for the race to 405 squat :D is this a squat only meet?
Thanks, hatch!

This was an "unofficial gym meet". Only the squat and the bench press were contested, and in separate divisions (one could compete in either division or enter both).

Nice Squatting.

Thanks, Tosa.

Greeks cant afford a full meet :icon_lol: j/k

Congrats on 2xbw, that is a great milestone to reach!

Lulz! Thanks man! :D

also, why no ass slapping?

Can't produce too much hawtness in case he needed a spot.

Teh ass slapping was there for the second and third attempt. It just wasn't caught by my friend taping them.

In the third attempt I did teh ass slapping as I approached the bar but then realized it needed to be raised to the next hooks and asked the spotters to do that for me. By the time they did and I reapproached the bar the ass slapping effects must have worn off, to which I fully attribute failing the attempt. :(

SOHP
75 x F
72.5 x 1 x 6
67.5 x 2/1

Seated Cable Rows (narrow grip)
50/55/60/60/60 x 8
50 x 10 x 3

Paused Bench w/ miniband
72.5 x 3 x 6

Lat Pulldowns
65 x 10 x 3

DB Flies w/ small incline
12.5 x 10 x 3

BB Curls
47.5 x 5 x 4

Rope Triceps Pushdowns
60 x 10 x 4

75 kg on overhead press refused to fall, yet another time. I'm still super-happy I can press "heavy" and fail max attempts with no shoulder pain, but I think it is now time to go past the "do whatever work I can without aggravating the shoulders" stage and get myself some proper upper-body programming that gets me consistent gains on the press.

Congrats on the 4 plate squat and the 12.5 incline db fly. Both big milestones.

^ hahaha, I loled. :icon_chee

Thanks, man!

This log was started almost 3 years ago, in February 2010. Since before I started this log, I've had significant knee and shoulder issues that posed limitations to my training (4 years ago I had a knee injury, 3.5 years ago I had surgery on both knees, took me 6+ months to be able to walk semi-normally at a slow pace, and since then have had pain and some "mobility limitations" that significantly affected my every-day life until very recently). It would not be an exaggeration to say that I've spent the best part of the last 4 years in some sort of minor or more major pain.

My main goal since the beginning of this log was to "overcome injuries, lift hard and pain-free". In addition to that, a goal I set for myself after having that surgery in mid 2009 was to get a 2xBW squat.

Yesterday, three and a half years later, I hit that 2xBW goal. It's a pretty underwhelming achievement as far as strength training goes, but I'm very happy I got here after all these years. Today I am also able to do hard upper-body training without significant shoulder issues.

The bone edemas have withstood the high-intensity, high-volume and high-frequency training of the last three months. The knee cartilage has withstood maximal front and high-bar squatting, as well as frequent power clean/snatch training. Patellar tracking is almost perfect now (right knee is pretty much 100%, left knee not quite but close). Shoulders have for the most part remained pain-free during the high intensity/frequency overhead press (and power snatch) training of the last 4 months. Chronic lower-back pain has disappeared. Posture is pretty much fixed (was horrible when I started this log). I still get some knee/bone edema pain, I still can't bench heavy, my left ankle still gives me some pain from time to time, my lower-back is still prone to become painful the moment I do something slightly wrong, and my cervical spine is fucked/very sensitive to shit, but at this point I no longer consider these serious limitations but rather common issues I'll have to work with/around.

Basically, what I'm saying is that this log has served its purpose. I'm am no longer an injured dude who cannot train and struggles to rehab his shit. It's time to start a new log, focusing on performance goals, rather than health-related ones.

TL;DR: RECONSTRUCTION COMPLETED

Are you starting a new log?

I think I speak for everyone who have read your log, that the way you've dealth with injuries have been great to read about and inspiring for the fact that you never given up and have aquired tons of information to help you lift without pain and tried to help other s&c with their pain aswell.

Congratulations on the meet PR, and especially on 'RECONSTRUCTION COMPLETED' ! That's great to hear.

As CRZA said, your training has been very inspiring.

Well, I haven't been in here for awhile. Just read up on what's been going on for you.

I had a good laugh about that story of the girl who was attractive until she opened her mouth. Such a shame really. Too bad you didn't get her number though. Maybe she enjoys being gagged in the bed room! Problem solved!

And although you're not exactly putting up world beaters on the bench or the press, I still think you're pressing decent weight considering your shoulder problems. Good luck with the eventual 60x5x3 for the press.

Also, I'm glad to see you're recovered well enough from your second little "mishap" in the bath tub. :icon_twis:icon_chee Once again, although not the heaviest weight in the world, I'd be fairly happy with 100kg if I was suffering the ongoing problems you have.

Keep up the good work. I hope to one day (in the not so distant future) come in this log and hear about your pain free lifting session in which you're busting ass and destroying PRs.

Fuck yeah! That day has come! That post was almost exactly 2 years ago.

So the next step is forging elite fitness?

I feel strongly in my heart About this log.

purple.jpg

Congrats on the PR and being officially reconstructed!

mission_accomplished.jpg

Back