How Much Amatuer Boxing Experience DO You Have

FightOrDie007

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have been boxing two and a half years and have had about 15 bouts. The last being 4 days ago.

ive been boxing and muay thai on and off for 4 years. I've had about 0 bouts and 10 hours of sparring.

ive been boxing and muay thai on and off for 4 years. I've had about 0 bouts and 10 hours of sparring.

10 hours of sparring in four years? Surely you mean four months?

Been boxing since 2010 but only had three bouts so far (2-1). This was due to the fact that I was still in high school and (a) I had loads of exams, (b) my parents were worried about my safety and (c) I liked partying more back then.

This year should be a good year though since I'm in university now. My coach is planning three to four fights for me and I should be going into the state comps.

I started competing in 2012 and I won 2 fights. Would have had 3 but the third didn't get matched. =/

Started later than I would have liked, and though I've had too many smokers to remember, I only ever had one sanctioned fight (UD win). Put all my energy into being a trainer now.

Skrib: Where do you fight out of and what weight class? How long have you been open?

Started later than I would have liked, and though I've had too many smokers to remember, I only ever had one sanctioned fight (UD win). Put all my energy into being a trainer now.

Skrib: Where do you fight out of and what weight class? How long have you been open?

Fighting out of Puerto Rico. Fighting at 106-108 pounds. I have some of the heaviest hands in the weight class. I spar with 130 ponders.

I have zero amateur experience despite learning and training (on and off) for the last 8 years or so. But I have sparred amateurs and pros who have won golden gloves and what not. I'm the bad luck kid always something in my way. Hope to change that when I move and become a permanent member of Tocco's.

It's sometimes fun being what I call a "sleeper" but I hope to smash through 10 or more amateur fights then turn pro. I hate not having any amateur fights, because fights give you credibility. Something to showcase my knowledge and all my hard work. One thing I do have is boxing lineage something I'm very proud of. I am a blue belt in bjj and studied martial arts my entire life I treat boxing like that.

Fighting out of Puerto Rico. Fighting at 106-108 pounds. I have some of the heaviest hands in the weight class. I spar with 130 ponders.

Are you like 14 yrs old or what?

One thing I do have is boxing lineage something I'm very proud of. I am a blue belt in bjj and studied martial arts my entire life I treat boxing like that.

What's your boxing lineage?

Are you like 14 yrs old or what?

What's your boxing lineage?

It's a long list, some names I don't know so I can't give them there proper credit but -
Cuban Boxing/American/Carribean Boxing > A combination of talent such as Bunny Grant, Eddie Futch, George Benton, Panama Lewis > Mike McCallum & Merqui Sosa > Luis Monda > Me.

Now I have learn a few things from other trainers and fighters along the way but the person who lay out the foundation and made me re-learn everything. Change my entire philosophy on fighting is Luis Monda. He's been helping me since about 2007/2008 when I was training for MMA.

Roughly 6 years or so of frequent sparring with 2-3 months off every season.

Back