"Lyoto Did A Good Job Not Fighting" -Hendo

Hendo threw more.
Lyoto hit more.

What was really surprising was that Lyoto was evasive and Hendo only went for his H-bomb, I mean really god himself could not have seen it playing out that way/

No one is surprised by this fight, right? We all knew what Lyoto would do and we all knew what Hendo would try to do. Lyoto point fought his was to a win. This was the most likely outcome.

He was throwing punches, they missed because Lyoto was on his bike heading back to his house in Torrance

Did you enjoy the "fight"?

You're just biased. You know very well he was minding the H-Bomb and played a game of intelligence and quickness, as opposed to brawling. That's what you do. You discover someone's weakness and strengths and you play your game according to those. They both hit few strikes and it was a boring fight, but the Machida win was no surprise.

The Octagon works out in favor of Machida, I wish UFC can adopt similar to Boxing ring where you can corner an opponent

Hendo shouldve fought him then. I don't understand how fighters complain that the other guy isn't fighting. If that's true then you have to take the fight to him and win. If anything Hendo is more guilty of not fighting than Lyoto obviously cause he lost the fight.

I think it's pretty interesting nobody is giving Ed Soares a hard time for telling Machida to say something nice about the crowd.

Sherdog loved eating up Greg Jackson for "Go get some fans"

I love hendo but machida made him look terrible. He was totally outclassed technically. He couldn't find machida for the most part. It's not Lyotos fault he wants to do the hitting and not get hit.... Kinda the most effective way to fight.

it was a boring fight, It should of been a draw. hendo was pressuring and Leg kicks while Machida was Countering.

lol

AfroWomanYouMad-GIF.gif

Lyoto always fights this way. If you push the action maybe you can get to him and beat him like Shogun and Jones. Most people who really push it though end up like Rashad, Bader, Silva and Couture. The rest kind of just sit back and get outpointed. Pick your poison with him, there's a reason nobody wanted to fight the guy when he was like 11-0 or 12-0 and they gave him Tito.

Lyoto did give JBJ the most trouble i think. His style is very tactical and he did take Hendo down. On the ground he neutralized Hendo very well also. I think they needed to go 5 rounds although i Like Hendo more.

you put "best chin in MMA" in quotes as if Dan Henderson said it himself. He knows that if he just pushes forward recklessly, Machida has a good chance of hurting him bad.

I put it in quotes because majority of people think so.

The rest of your post I agree on, so that brings me back to, why are people upset at Lyoto? Machida has a worse chin and less power, what he has is great timing, ability to utilize distance well, and speed.

I thought he did well with what he was given. I think the people mad about it being boring are more mad that Machida didn't give Dan a chance to knock him out.

He missed because he's slow and gets tired walking into the cage.

Machida hit him more than Dan hit Machida.
Pretty impressive for someone who didn't show up to fight.

And yes, I enjoyed one of my favorite fighters clowning another great fighter with ease.

lmao everyone check this totally non-biased post out. Machida "clowned" Henderson? They both looked like clowns in the cage given their performance, i'll give you that.

you cant fight a runner

You can if your smart. I don't know if you know this but Lyoto has lost before.

You have to deceptive and cunning and confuse your opponent. Dan is too easy to know what he wants to do. He wants to brawl and he wants to land his right hand. He should've mixed things on Lyoto wouldn't expect.

Back