MNN (First Trailer for THE HANGOVER III; Sam Mendes Won't Direct BOND 24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hesher is a strange film.

Guillermo del Toro Pitching DARK UNIVERSE to Warner Bros.

Guillermo-Deadman-Dark-Universe-Dragonlord.jpg

Following the release of Mama in the United Kingdom, Total Film recently chatted with producer Guillermo del Toro (Hellboy, Pan's Labyrinth) to talk about his recent attachment to DC Comics' Justice League Dark adaptation project - currently titled Dark Universe. When asked about his comic book passion project, del Toro remained secretive about the vital details, but offered a few updates about the project's development:

"It's going really, really well. It's like meeting old friends. I am going to be presenting my storyline to DC and Warners of where I want to take this universe. We do have a writer, but until that is firmed up, I have to keep it a secret. I hope it happens."

"I grew up with Demon Etrigan, with Swamp Thing, with Deadman, so these are characters that are near and dear to my heart. I'd love to use the origins that are proper to each character. I love the idea of Jason Blood as a paladin and a knight...I love the entire Constantine mythology, the Dead Man mythology, the Alec Holland Swamp Thing mythology. These are really rich things to well, and to dig."

Guillermo del Toro Offers an Update on DC Comics Adaptation DARK UNIVERSE

DRAGON TATTOO's Niels Arden Oplev to Helm FLATLINERS Remake

niels-oplev-arden-flatliners-slice.jpg

The Flatliners remake may have found a director. Back in August of 2011, Sony Pictures tapped Source Code scribe Ben Ripley to pen the screenplay for a remake of Joel Schumacher

When JGL was brought up for the Crow I was uncertain, then I saw the still from Hesher and I have to say, I can see it. Though, I still think he'd be an awesome Star Lord...The studio should just grab him for the crow, McAvoy, while a great actor, does not look the part at all.

I hope they make Dark Universe, I haven't gotten into it yet but I hear amazing things about JLD, and I like the supernatural/mystical portion of DC quite a bit.

I really don't know about JMV as the crow. I guess it could work much rather see Joseph G Levits. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Guillermo del Toro Pitching DARK UNIVERSE to Warner Bros.

Guillermo-Deadman-Dark-Universe-Dragonlord.jpg

Following the release of Mama in the United Kingdom, Total Film recently chatted with producer Guillermo del Toro (Hellboy, Pan's Labyrinth) to talk about his recent attachment to DC Comics' Justice League Dark adaptation project - currently titled Dark Universe. When asked about his comic book passion project, del Toro remained secretive about the vital details, but offered a few updates about the project's development:

"It's going really, really well. It's like meeting old friends. I am going to be presenting my storyline to DC and Warners of where I want to take this universe. We do have a writer, but until that is firmed up, I have to keep it a secret. I hope it happens."

"I grew up with Demon Etrigan, with Swamp Thing, with Deadman, so these are characters that are near and dear to my heart. I'd love to use the origins that are proper to each character. I love the idea of Jason Blood as a paladin and a knight...I love the entire Constantine mythology, the Dead Man mythology, the Alec Holland Swamp Thing mythology. These are really rich things to well, and to dig."

Guillermo del Toro Offers an Update on DC Comics Adaptation DARK UNIVERSE

the sad thing is, it will probably more than a decent pitch, yet the DC executives won't pursue it

just like Justice League will never happen

Last edited:
Ronda Rousey Offered a Role in THE HUNGER GAMES Sequel
(Posted first by Jblizzle in the UFC Discussion)

Ronda-Rousey-Hunger-Games-Dragonlord.jpg

Ronda Rousey was a rousing success on pay per view over the weekend. Now, could she be taking her talents to the silver screen? The UFC women

the sad thing is, it will probably more than a decent pitch, yet the DC executives won't pursue it

just like Justice League will never happen

Some billionnaire needs to be a fanboy and give Guillermo del Toro, all the money he needs to make any movie he wants dam it. Stop **** blocking him, it make me so mad, he's the best out there, if only they would give him the money god dam it.

Ronda Rousey Offered a Role in THE HUNGER GAMES Sequel
(Posted first by Jblizzle in the UFC Discussion)

Ronda-Rousey-Hunger-Games-Dragonlord.jpg

Ronda Rousey was a rousing success on pay per view over the weekend. Now, could she be taking her talents to the silver screen? The UFC women

I already have a good idea what role Rousey was offered, she might even do well in it, but I'd rather she leave acting alone for now, she has plenty of time to diversify (though, some may claim that she is better off pursuing it while she is such a hot commodity).

Some billionnaire needs to be a fanboy and give Guillermo del Toro, all the money he needs to make any movie he wants dam it. Stop **** blocking him, it make me so mad, he's the best out there, if only they would give him the money god dam it.

If I ever make it big, you have my word :p

Seth Grahame-Smith to Polish FANTASTIC FOUR Reboot Script

Seth-Grahame-Smith-Fantastic-Four-Dragonlord.jpg

Author and screenwriter Seth Grahame-Smith has done polish screenwriting work on Fox’s reboot of Fantastic Four, which Josh Trank is directing. Matthew Vaughn recently came on board to produce the Marvel superhero-based project, which is priority for the studio. Jeremy Slater wrote the initial script.

Created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in 1961, Fantastic Four features a “family” of heroes -- scientist Mr. Fantastic; his wife, Invisible Girl; her brother, the Human Torch; and Fantastic’s best friend, the Thing -- who have sci-fi-tinged adventures. Fox made two movies with a cast that included Chris Evans and Jessica Alba in 2005 and 2007, but despite doing solid business, they were not well regarded by the geek community.

Sources say that the new reboot is taking a grounded superhero and sci-fi approach to the heroes and will tap deep into the comics mythology, which featured not just the better-known villains such as Doctor Doom and Galactus but also alien races the Kree and the Skrull, and the anti-matter universe known as the Negative Zone.

Grahame-Smith is the best-selling author behind Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, the latter which was adapted by Fox last year. The multimedium maven penned the script for the movie as well as the script for Dark Shadows, Tim Burton's take on the 1970s vampire soap opera.

Author Seth Grahame-Smith to Polish FANTASTIC FOUR Reboot Script

Juliette Binoche to Join Legendary Pictures' GODZILLA Reboot

Juliette-Binoche-Godzilla-Dragonlord.jpg

The cast for director Gareth Edwards’ (Monsters) reboot of Godzilla continues to grow as we move closer towards production. Aaron Johnson and Elizabeth Olsen are already set to topline the pic, and now Variety reports that Oscar-winner Juliette Binoche (The English Patient, Chocolat) has entered negotiations to join the cast. Plot details are being kept firmly under wraps, but rumors have swirled that the story centers on a soldier and involves at least two monsters in addition to the titular creature. Bryan Cranston was previously reported as being in talks to sign on as well, but this latest report from Variety makes no mention of the actor. Hopefully this was simply an oversight and not a signifier that Cranston is no longer circling the pic.

Though Warner Bros. and Legendary are keeping a tight lid on all things Godzilla, it’s clear that they’re roping in some high caliber acting talent to lead the tentpole. We should hear more casting news soon as production is set to begin this month, with the latest draft of the script penned by Frank Darabont. Godzilla opens on May 16, 2014.

Juliette Binoche in Talks to Join the Cast of the GODZILLA Reboot

Noomi Rapace Says PROMETHEUS Sequel Script is Underway

Prometheus-Set-Noomi-Rapace-Dragonlord.jpg

While most were ultimately disappointed with Ridley Scott’s Prometheus, it certainly did conjure up an awful lot of discussion and interest in Scott’s planned sequel. Star Noomi Rapace recently spoke with the director about the second film and revealed that work on the script is still underway. We don’t know who the writer is at the moment, but we do know that Damon Lindelof won’t return to the franchise. In a recent interview with The Playlist for her upcoming film Dead Man Down, Rapace gave a brief update on the status of the Prometheus sequel, saying:

“They’re working on the script. I met Ridley in London a couple of weeks ago. I would love to work with him again and I know that he would like to do another one. It’s just like we need to find the right story. I hope we will. I love working with Ridley. It was pure joy. It was really hard work sometimes. My body was a complete mess – I had bruises and cuts and emotionally I was a bit slammed. But being in his world and his universe was such an amazing experience.”

“And it’s interesting because people, most people I’ve talked to who see the movie, see things that are quite different. Some people who see the movie many times and discover new things. There are all these religious aspects and there are very interesting conversations. And for me, if we do a second one, there are a lot of things to explore in there and to continue. I would love to do it.”

The Prometheus sequel is currently targeted for a 2014 or, more likely, 2015 release date, with both Rapace and Michael Fassbender contractually obligated to return if and when it moves forward.

Noomi Rapace Meets with Ridley Scott, Says PROMETHEUS Sequel Script is Underway

MAMA Director Andres Muschietti in Talks to Helm BIRD BOX

andy-muschietti-slice.jpg

As the writer and director of one of my favorite films of the year so far in the surprise horror hit Mama, Andr

New Poster for Pixar's MONSTERS UNIVERSITY

This new one-sheet for Pixar’s upcoming prequel, Monsters University, teases the film’s fantastically colorful ensemble cast as we’re treated to a rather amusing class portrait. The film opens in 3D on June 21st. Click HERE to see the trailer.

monsters-university-poster2.jpg

New Poster for OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN

Following a barrage of character posters, the official poster for this White House actioner has arrived. The film stars Gerard Butler, Aaron Eckhart, Morgan Freeman, Angela Bassett, Melissa Leo, Ashley Judd and Rick Yune and opens on March 22nd. Click HERE to see the trailer.

olympus-has-fallen-poster.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back