Explosions/bombings at the finish line of Boston Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? Among other things, it's not at all clear this has anything to do with foreigners. My bet is that it's domestic terrorism. But even if it wasn't, this kind of mentality is dangerously close to "you deserve it" territory, looking for some kind of "utility" in civilians getting blown up. There's no utility or hope here, it's pure tragedy.

Well said.

Nobody knows at this point who did this (if it's a foreign group involved or if it's domestic).

you are right. but one thing it seems is that america is so detached from the realities of war. stuff like this shouldn't be happening anywhere in the world.

specially in the recent weeks with the north korea situation and countless comments on here by people wanting to bomb north korea.

i'd rather no one got bombed.

I don't buy into all the hatred and vitriol spewed at individuals who commit these acts.

I'm sure there's some terrorist over in Iraq/Afghan who lost a child or loved one due to our military presence and they were completely innocent, and as a result they spew the same vitriol and hatred toward us. I refuse to engage in it.

Whoever committed this act should be swiftly convicted and taken to the execution chamber without delay. That's all I'll add to that.

its not the same. one is accident and the other one is on purpose

The conspiracies theories are spinning around my head right now . Im thinking this attack is something smaller in a grander plan .

Domestic group blamed?? as an angle to have a big weapon crackdown!

Foreign group blamed?? as an act of war...

who knows!!!

No, just lots of police racing around chasing packages and someone at Brigham and Women's in custody.

2 people dead, 100+ injured, many amputees.

Thanks for the update.

EDIT: And God bless you for offering aid.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that Oeshon was implying that it was a foreign national.

I think he is pretty clearly implying that the "silver lining" here, aka "hopefully," is that getting a taste of our own medicine (even if terrible) will help change the way we look at our foreign policy. Which, as far as I am concerned, is a fairly fvcked-up way to look at it. Not that far off, in many respects, from how the terrorist in question probably wants us to look at it. This is exactly the kind of reaction they are *hoping* people have to their violence.

ugh my Facebook is already getting clogged by people claiming conspiracy. sometimes bad things happen

I read something on another forum that today was the anniversary for another bombing event in the US? Is that true?

Take it easy on each other guys. Emotions are high, but in times like this, it's clear how close the rest of us really are. And by us I mean remotely normal people.

'love is something that grows inside of every one of us but some people just forget to water it and they become terrorists.'

thoughts out for all the injured to survive. stuff like this is good for no-one.

hopefully stuff like this hitting a little closer to home helps Americans rethink their foreign policy overseas.
domestic terrorists have committed more acts of terror on us soil than foreign.its not a stretch to consider it a domestic terrorist act.

its not the same. one is accident and the other one is on purpose

No, brother, they aren't accidents. The term "collateral damage" is about intentional and "unavoidable" casualties from a decision.

Anyway, that's off topic. My point was that I'm not on board for the "let's torture the guy we catch!1!1!!!" mentality. Just my 0.02.

thoughts out for all the injured to survive. stuff like this is good for no-one.

hopefully stuff like this hitting a little closer to home helps Americans rethink their foreign policy overseas.

Fuck off.

I read something on another forum that today was the anniversary for another bombing event in the US? Is that true?

The Oklahoma City bombing in 1995, but that was on April 19

As far as I know, this is not the anniversary of any other bombing in the US.

Not sure about today's date, but the 19th is the anniversary of the OKC bombing and the Waco raid.

I don't buy into all the hatred and vitriol spewed at individuals who commit these acts.

I'm sure there's some terrorist over in Iraq/Afghan who lost a child or loved one due to our military presence and they were completely innocent, and as a result they spew the same vitriol and hatred toward us. I refuse to engage in it.

Whoever committed this act should be swiftly convicted and taken to the execution chamber without delay. That's all I'll add to that.

Christ almighty, if you don't hate an act of such obvious evil, what do you hate? "Well, you know, seizing children off the street and slowly torturing them to death, I don't see it as my 'place,' if you will, to direct hatred at the person who does it." I mean ... wtf. You are okay with killing them, but Allah forfend you hate them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back