Has the average BJJ player gotten tougher in the last 10 years?

If you live in brazil.

If you live anywhere else and surf just because you do bjj, you're a pretentious waffle. I find people who surf for this silly reason would do better to focus more on their grappling, since that is the only thing that matters on the mat.

I hear you bro.

You most probably sneer down on that arte suave lifestyle as well. you know the one: acai, shoyoroll, brazilian bbq, surfing, smoking the mary jane, banging hot chicks, doing the hang loose signage etc..

I hear you bro.

You most probably sneer down on that arte suave lifestyle as well. you know the one: acai, shoyoroll, brazilian bbq, surfing, smoking the mary jane, banging hot chicks, doing the hang loose signage etc..
What, does your gym have a hot chick vending machine?

Also, acai sucks.

What, does your gym have a hot chick vending machine?

Also, acai sucks.

well, you are not gonna find them rolling around with sweaty guys on the mats.

you actually would have to hit the beaches.

I hear you bro.

I don't think most Brazilians can afford Shoyoroll. I associate that more with rich American fanboys.

Come on now - Brazilian BBQ and banging hot chicks are things every man should love. They've got nothing to do with BJJ.

You can keep the rest of that crap, but I need my BBBQ&B.

Come on now - Brazilian BBQ and banging hot chicks are things every man should love. They've got nothing to do with BJJ.

I enjoy my monogamous relationship, can i still train BJJ?

Well I guess I can honestly see how Brazillian BBQ could benefit a person's jiu jitsu. The more of it you eat the more weight you gain, which means the more crushing your top game will be.

well, at least we can see that there is new emerging trend.

No longer that pit boys attitude and more the gentle art lifestyle.

well, at least we can see that there is new emerging trend.

No longer that pit boys attitude and more the gentle art lifestyle.

I do agree that there's a culture trend, but a lot of that stuff was popular here (particularly in California and Florida) long before BJJ came to America. So for a lot of people it isn't that they've adopted the "BJJ lifestyle"; it's that they've added BJJ to the SoCal/SFL lifestyle.

Now if you've lived in Pittsburgh your whole life and drink Acai while doing the "hang loose" sign, you're probably a poser.

I only have access to carne asada, can i still be graded in BJJ?

That depends: is it real carne asada or the fake generic skirt steak that people (using that term loosely) try to pass off as "carne asada"?

Either way you're missing out. I LOVE me some carne asada, but a good churrasco is also a thing of beauty.

I can't agree. I find it's us older guys that have the resilience or toughness rather than the younger guys, generally speaking. I don't think it's so much a training thing as it is a generational thing. Most of us have been through enough shit to have developed mental fortitude. Plus these 20 year olds have grown up being coddled by society. What used to be deemed an acceptable risk (boys will be boys) is now treated as a safety hazard in dire need of fixing. Hence bicycle helmet laws, playgrounds free of monkey bars or other such equipment, child safety everything..... We simply grew up tougher. Now, if you want to talk about technique, the kids today are much more technical than 10 or 20 years ago.

You're wrong.

Source: I'm 18 and don't act like a bitch on the mats. I've been training with adults since I was 14 and have almost always been the youngest, smallest and weakest guy on the mats and getting smashed all over the place half the time. I'm also one of the only ones that walks back in the next day for the next 4 years to continue getting smashed because it made me better. Now I get smashed by 100kg purples because they know if they give me a split-second then I'll be smashing them back.

Pretty sure I've never taken a break from anything other than ligament damage in my knee either. I see just as many 'older guys' bitching about how hard the training than the young guys. Don't be a dick and generalise anyone under the age of 20 as some sort of bitch.

P.S Monkey bars were awesome. You've got the wrong generation in terms of these child safety laws.

hell yeah. I would prefer it to brasilian bbq because you use way more spices.

as a matter of fact, the Brazilian meat isnt the most tasty, argentinian meat is the shit, asado argentino, from santa fe, mother fucker that is good tasty meat...

You're wrong.

Source: I'm 18 and don't act like a bitch on the mats. I've been training with adults since I was 14 and have almost always been the youngest, smallest and weakest guy on the mats and getting smashed all over the place half the time. I'm also one of the only ones that walks back in the next day for the next 4 years to continue getting smashed because it made me better. Now I get smashed by 100kg purples because they know if they give me a split-second then I'll be smashing them back.

Pretty sure I've never taken a break from anything other than ligament damage in my knee either. I see just as many 'older guys' bitching about how hard the training than the young guys. Don't be a dick and generalise anyone under the age of 20 as some sort of bitch.

P.S Monkey bars were awesome. You've got the wrong generation in terms of these child safety laws.

you can do all that becasue you are 18! as you get older, you will understand why are those old guys bitching about... at your age, you feel and think like superman, can train 9 hours a day, and if you sleep 3 hours, you are fucking ready to do it all over again, believe me, you aint going to be superman your whole life, as a matter of fact, before you noticed, you super powers will be gone...

by the way, I fucking hate you, god damn what I would do to be 18 again... enjoy life boy....

you can do all that becasue you are 18! as you get older, you will understand why are those old guys bitching about... at your age, you feel and think like superman, can train 9 hours a day, and if you sleep 3 hours, you are fucking ready to do it all over again, believe me, you aint going to be superman your whole life, as a matter of fact, before you noticed, you super powers will be gone...

by the way, I fucking hate you, god damn what I would do to be 18 again... enjoy life boy....

Oh yeah man, I get you in terms of that. Not looking forward to the day that my body start to recover slower etc. But still, not everyone can deal with being smashed and beaten up because it hurts and it's mentally draining. My point was that not all 18 year olds are bitches cause of our generation, cause I'm definitely not.

Back