Introduction to SUMO

they just had the pre-tournament public practice session (keiko soken) and Endo went 1-5 against Hakuho. hopefully we get to see some video of the session to see how that one win for Endo went, and i would guess Hakuho wasn't giving it his all in that match. still though, Endo did well at the session, going 3-3 against other top division wrestlers.

du0r.jpg

g249.jpg

yeah, it seems like it would be a really good style to transition into sumo from, and those guys are huge. i'm most familiar with it from watching Running Man though, so i haven't seen too much of it.

haha, oh yes
sexy over mr capable

still want to see that doc thats posted a few posts ago, but its region locked

yeah, that was great. and lee si young was awesome at the ssireum too.

yeah i tried to find it elsewhere but couldn't.

lol, hilarious clip, boxing boxing.
she beat the guys, but shes impressive

last time i saw ssireum, ji hyo lost to actress hyo joo in an upset

-read about your potential trip to japan, hope it goes well!

man, han hyo joo... she's one of my favorites. AREUMDABDA!

and her throw on ji hyo was sick.

e3b.gif

thanks, i'm excited for it!

lol! not to derail this any further, i absolutely adored her on her appearances on the show and her movie work

when HAHA threw her down in the haystacks, LOL

lol! not to derail this any further, i absolutely adored her on her appearances on the show and her movie work

when HAHA threw her down in the haystacks, LOL

lawlz, the whole haystacks challenge was hilarious. funny, funny show.

still want to see that doc thats posted a few posts ago, but its region locked

I'm in China at the moment, but when I get home to Denmark I'll see if I can download it from Youtube and upload it somewhere for you guys to see.

lawlz, the whole haystacks challenge was hilarious. funny, funny show.
AREUMDABDA, lol
love her. like how they teased her

tumblr_mm5n9rT0pU1rpvclgo2_400.gif

I'm in China at the moment, but when I get home to Denmark I'll see if I can download it from Youtube and upload it somewhere for you guys to see.
heck yes, that would be awesome
thank you

Last edited:
video of the keiko soken, specifically focusing on the Endo vs. Hakuho matches:

you can see Hakuho was taking it easy on Endo in the match that Endo won. still some really good experience for the youngster.

had to gif this, just crazy when i saw it
:eek:

yeah that's one of asashoryu's most amazing "wins" of all time, showing how he had not just power but amazing balance and flexibility. they actually called a rematch after that match though, so technically he didn't win it (though in reality he did) but he did win in the rematch so justice was served.

yea, i saw that too. wouldve been great if it was called correctly the first time

noticed too that asashoryu comes back crazier in rematches and had difficult matches with hakuho

I got this in Japan last week. It was the last one left, and the shop owner sold it to me super cheap. It's huge, and my cat seems to like it.

was watching quite a bit of asashoryu footage today, just facinated

was looking at the record on sumodb against hakuho and was wondering why it looks like this
12[+3]-13[+1]

compared to other regular looking records

I was watching a Youtube vid that had examples of a bunch of kimarite. Amazing that more judokas and roman-greco wrestlers in the west aren't into sumo more since the arts share so many techniques. I always think that it would be great to have a good sumo technique book in the west but then I realize that the grappling arts share so many techniques that it's more about the strategy and implementation of those moves under their respective rulesets.

I was watching a Youtube vid that had examples of a bunch of kimarite. Amazing that more judokas and roman-greco wrestlers in the west aren't into sumo more since the arts share so many techniques. I always think that it would be great to have a good sumo technique book in the west but then I realize that the grappling arts share so many techniques that it's more about the strategy and implementation of those moves under their respective rulesets.

yeah, a book like that would be really great. personally i'd love to see a book on sumo history. i want to learn more about some of the historic figures in sumo and get more in depth than wikipedia articles.

Back