Moose: "I see holes in Lyoto's standup. He makes mistakes, and will pay for it."

Finally some Moose news. The guy is coming off of surgery and fighting at a new weight class. I'm hoping he's healthy and can prove himself to the doubters.

I expect a controversial decision either way but I think he matches up very well to Machida and we are due for a Shogun/Lyoto type of fight.

Making these two fight each other is just a waste of a pay-per-view main event. Both of these guys fighting Anderson or Weidman (or Vitor) for the MW Title can headline.

I thought Joe Silva learned not to do this?

As good as the guy is, Gegard has done nothing inside the ufc (which means, less name recognition to casual fans) to warrant a title shot. Beating Machida - a big name, on a free card, - would do that for him.

Machida: That guy who people always want to watch fight, and has all of the name recognition and ufc accolades that one would need to stay in the title picture - which he consistently is. If he loses to the Moose, he'll most likely put up a fight. Cheedo would only need a couple more solid wins ($$$) to get his first mw shot.

It's not all that bad.

Making these two fight each other is just a waste of a pay-per-view main event. Both of these guys fighting Anderson or Weidman (or Vitor) for the MW Title can headline.

I thought Joe Silva learned not to do this?

Sorry mate, but Joe Silva is better at his job than you are. This fight is amazing, its a fan's fight.
I presume you aren't UFC management, but that you are a MMA fan, yes? Choose your side carefully!

Misquote in the headline

He could get suckered into chasing Machida around like everyone else except Shogun.
He could, but he also basically fought and decisively beat the K-1 version of Machida in Kyotaro who was known for constantly retreating in response to attacks, only to eventually step in behind vicious right handed counters (a modus operandi which let him KO the always dangerous Melvin Manhoef). Mousasi, however, would have none of it, and began to work up a points advantage with his two safest, longest techniques (jab and front kick), refusing to give Kyotaro the bull-rushing he so desired when Kyotaro attempted to leave openings for him, and in this way eventually drew the counter-fighter to try and lead against him... only to continually touch him up with that stiff jab and even drop him with a right hook at one point.

So, what can be inferred from that is that he certainly has a good strategic mind. It was a very impressive performance and one which bears watching if anyone is concerned about Mousasi's legitimacy in at least pure striking (which I think his fight with Machida will be).

These are two of my top 10-15 favourite fighters...so it should be awesome and difficult to cheer for one over the other.

So whats really going on??? :eek:

Good question, changed my password and e-mail. It also appears I made a thread about Eddie Murphy's daughter that I didn't make and one on Jake Shields saying Melendez wanted more time for Khabib or whatever, that I didn't make. Of all the things to crack, a sherdog account...

Also weird, they seem to be fairly normal threads.

I think Mousasi has shown better striking in his career. Stylistically I think this match favors him.

Lmao! What? How? This makes no sense at all. I don't remember the last time Mousasi finished a fight with his striking.

Watching Lyoto get destroyed is not fun...... Hate to say it but Gegard smashes Lyoto with ease........ Now if Gegard ends up fighting a wrestler that would be a whole different ball game and yes I know he has worked on his TDD is not the same fighter as he was in the Jardine fight.

THEIR LEGS WERE TOUCHING!!!

Paula wanted Mousasi's Sack!!!

O_O

Lmao! What? How? This makes no sense at all. I don't remember the last time Mousasi finished a fight with his striking.

Why does a finish have to be the thing to determine who's "better"?

new mousasi interview

cant wait to see this fight

Mousasi is a K-1 level striker, one of the best in the UFC right now... Machida is a great striker too... both have amazing ground games.

I give the edge to Mousasi in this fight

As far as I can hear your headline is a missquote.

"He has his gaps, standup he makes misstakes. I think it's going to be a fight who makes a misstake is going to pay for it".

That's what I hear. Gegard has enough sense to respect the striking of Machida.

Why does a finish have to be the thing to determine who's "better"?

Because
1. Mousasi's level of competition in the past few years has been much worse
2. He hasn't done anything significant on the feet in a fight except jab a top 150 LHW in Latifi
3. Machida has finished fights on the feet against better competition

It's pretty simple Emjay :icon_chee

Because
2. He hasn't done anything significant on the feet in a fight except jab a top 150 LHW in Latifi

literally every single one of your points is the same thing, just said differently.

Btw where are these great stand up fighters Machida has beat?

Mousasi is going to walk him down the whole fight and Machida will try to counter. Super excited to see how it all plays out

Because

So no 'K1-Striking' Sherdoggery eh?

Interesting

and #2 basically tells us that all you do is watch UFC

Back