Ever Been Knocked Out?

BareKnucklez**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone here ever been KO'd? How does it feel? Did you notice any long or short term side effects?

c94cdf.jpg

I have been knocked out (to the head) twice in the gym and one time in the streets where I was clever enough to fight 5 guys. on all occasions i had a gap in my memory. I woke up in the shower or on the way home. back than i thought it was cool. did not know about the long time effects.

yeah I got thrown out of a bar and landed chin first, didn't really hurt because I was out and actually sobered me up by the time I had gotten home. pretty bad headache the next day. wouldn't recommend it

never been knocked out but was rocked,felt like i was falling but recovered quickly..had a bad headache for a couple of days after..lol.

I've been KO'd once and rocked many times, i always got a strange sense of daja vu when i was rocked its weird.....I had a little headache, nothing more than that.

I've been KO'd once and rocked many times, i always got a strange sense of daja vu when i was rocked its weird.....I had a little headache, nothing more than that.
I've experienced this too. Not from being ko'ed or rocked but from passing out. Can't really put it into words but I definitely know what u mean

Had my bell rung sparring a few times, once felt close to losing consciousness. Didn't hurt as such, but I distinctly remember halting the round and thinking to myself "okay, so where am I and what am I doing here?". Got my bearings after a few seconds and felt groggy for a few hours after, but don't think I lost any time.

Got chinned in a bar fight once as well and kept forgetting stuff the rest of the evening. I suspect that was as much to do with the booze as it was the punch.

Been pretty darn close. Not MT or KB, Karate. guy caught me with a heel to the temple in a tournament. From a different school, too, so he didn't hold back on the kick cause he was a friend. The strangest thing is when you don't see it coming. There's a moment where your brain says "okay, that hurt, but keep fighting" because you haven't been hit in the face, it really doesn't hurt that much. Then your legs say "No, we're falling down." then again I snapped back in like a second. Got a concussion though.

Got KOd once via soccer ball to the chin. LOL. I just remember laying on the ground with people standing over me. My jaw was aching pretty bad for the next day or two.

I got knocked out from a VBIED in Iraq.

My memory of around that is still really fuzzy and that was 7 years ago. I woke up and didn't know where the hell I was.

No real long term effects though, I did get tested and an MRI for TBI which came back negative(thank goodness)

I've only been knocked out once and i was about 11 or 12 when it happened. So yeah with only one instance of it happening, there are no side effects.

Repetitive head trauma is serious business though.

Got a concussion so bad when I was young that they had to wake me up every 3 hours to not fall into a coma. Each time I woke up I puked too.

I was training for a fight and rolling in the gym with no one that close ro supervising. I got choked the fuck out and bad. My body was seizing up when I was out and the guy thought I was fighting back so squeezed the choke even harder. Woke up no clue where I was, and felt a little off for like 2 weeks.

I got slugged with a golf club when I was about ten, I think I was more TKOd though just knocked to the ground head spinning.

Same thing when I slipped and cracked my head on some ice when I was 5 I had double vision for about 12 hours.

Twice within minutes. Got jumped by 7 guys once. Got attacked with a barrage of strikes until I fell to the ground. I tried to get up but got a pointy cowboy boot to the head and got knocked out. I woke up tried to get up again and they knocked me out again. The next time I woke up they were gone,I drug myself to a nearby light pole. A chick who was there said one of the guys had a gun to my head when I was knocked out and she convinced him to not shoot. Crazy shit. Worthless Cowards.

Hmm I never been knocked out but rocked several times. Like when you get punched in the head and your vision goes all black then you just see like a flash of blueish white lightning. I suppose that's similar to what happens when you get knocked out but you won't remember it.

I have also been elbowed in the face. I was sparring with a friend one late night after smoking a blunt. He was training muay thai at the time and I wasnt training at all. He was throwing bows and I was throwing punches. I stepped right into a downwards elbow right under my eye. The huge elbow hit bone crushing against my face felt so intense I got the same lightning and black out vision from a hard punch but because of the huge bone it felt like it just rattled the shit out of my skull. I didn't drop I turned around grabbed my face and cussed out my buddy for hitting me so hard lol. My face was hanging I got 8 stitches.

It wasn't that bad to be honest my buddy drove me to hospital right way but man being in a real fight after getting hit like that and then having my cheek hanging and bleeding. To come back from that in a fight and win is really tough IMO. Like imagine machida beating jones after he got elbowed like that? But now if it happened again I'd have more confidence that I could keep going with that little experience under my belt.

Went out on my feet once sparring boxing. Got hit with a lead hook. Next thing I remember I almost fell out of the ring but that was like 10 minutes later I heard.

Got a concussion so bad when I was young that they had to wake me up every 3 hours to not fall into a coma. Each time I woke up I puked too.

I was training for a fight and rolling in the gym with no one that close ro supervising. I got choked the fuck out and bad. My body was seizing up when I was out and the guy thought I was fighting back so squeezed the choke even harder. Woke up no clue where I was, and felt a little off for like 2 weeks.

I've also experienced vomiting and nausea a few times, it was terrible. Never been out out though.

I was many times KO'D. I think over 5 times in sparing and about 6 times in fights. Also I was also KO'D over 20 times on street and bar fights. Bar fights are no fair, you usually get hit by someone who is behind you. I think overall probably I got ko'd by 30-40 times. You don't feel anything when you are ko'd. But after this.... your head hurt.

Back