"The Mountain" next to Sun Mingming

My bad, the S2 Gregor played the other giant in S4E9.

Giant_with_his_bow.png

Hafthor_Bjornsson_Mountain_Game_Of_Thrones_Colts_Picture.png

Hafthor did fine at 6'8" 400lbs of thick strongman bulk he was imposting
100_1742.jpg

If I had to recast it I would have probably picked Nathan Jones a little bit shorter than the first Mountain (Conan Stevens) at around 6'10 and weighting int the 360 lbs range.

Nathan Jones would have been perfect.

the first Mountain looks the most like the Hound

the new Mountain looks like the Hounds younger brother

First guy definitely was the best. He looked like the closest relation to Sandor, plus older, meaner, and bigger. The newest guy looks far to young to be Sandors older brother, and he's not mean looking at all. Physically imposing sure but he doesn't look cruel.

The first guy looked to be right age and had a mean look about him that worked, but the new guy did fine I think. He's supposed to be about the biggest guy you've ever seen, and the new guy fit that bill just fine. Only problem really, he doesn't seem old enough to be the Hounds older brother, or to have killed the Martell girl like decades before. Still though, he was big and menacing and had a good angry voice, that's all it took really.

Nathan Jones is in a lot lesser shape than he was during Troy, though a lot of his appearance there was due good make up. Still, he's probably in good enough a form to play The Mountain.

I saw this the other day and it blew my mind:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/omg-the-mountain-from-game-of-thrones-is-only-25?s=mobile

Also didn't realize that Jojen was the little kid in Love Actually.

I've always been amazed at how differently people age in adulthood. I've got a friend that's 34, I'm 29, everyone swears he's younger than me. I've got a brother that's 40 that looks fairly young, but I've met some really old looking 27 year olds who could pass for being older than him.

Jojen was actually a young version of Hitler in some movie while Meera played Anne Frank.

LOL. He's actually been played by THREE different actors.

Season 1:
Gregor+Clegane+1.jpg

Conan Stevens

Season 2:

Gregor-Clegane-2.jpg

Ian Whyte

Season 4:

3889544-clegane.jpg

Haffor Bjornsen

EDIT: Fuck me, too late. Damn you Christthekingpin.

shit didn't realize it. I saw a clip a couple of weeks ago when mountain chopped his horse head off and i thought the guy didn't look much like the most recent hound but wrote it off. I can't for the life of me remember the mountain pictured with arya stark.

the new mountain did a great job imo.
it was the shows responsibility to make his face look a little older and menacing (darker, less manicured beard). First one was the best doe.

Back