Who are you rooting for: Jones or Cormier?

The work DC would have to put in inside the cage winning a fight like that, I'm always rooting for him.

Good for the sport, good for the division.

Heart says Cormier, but every logical part of my brain says JJ .... I don't see how Cormier can finish him

By punching him in the face...really fucking hard

1315740283.gif

I don't know how anyone can root for Jones.

Honestly, not sure either. I find it hard to like the guy as person, but he's still an incredible fighter and some people may like the "bad guy" making the people who whine about him cry, so that's probably why.

Came here to say this.

Edit: Guess the majority of Jones fans on Sherdog are 12-18y. Those kids think it's cool to be an asshole like Jones, that's why they root for him.

I still think the best nickname for jones is the chameleon.

DC.
Not even because I dislike Jones, but because he has a great story, and would be nice to see him win the belt.

I am not rooting for either this time. I will watch the fight as a neutral observer, which hasn't happened since Cowboy fought Pettis.

Neither, I just want a good fight because I like to see both.

interestingly, another poll here "who started the fight?" had the exact same results as this one.

Edit: Actually I was wrong, it was the complete opposite of this poll.
Around 70% think Jones started the fight. The same percentage of people who are rooting for DC.

Last edited:
Rooting for Jones. I think he is the better, more complete fighter. I also want to see him beat Gus int he rematch. That will make for a good fight. Hopefully he remains undefeated at LHW and moves up to HW at some point. That will be an exciting time, should it come to pass.

Despite the hate he gets, I like him. I've never thought he was "fake," but he does go out of his way to try to be a professional. He obviously ins't a squeaky clean individual, but when he sits there and analyzes MMA, I tend to agree with him. I've never really had trouble understanding when he is playing a role for his career and public face and when he is isn't. His fighting style is a lot of fun to watch as well.

I was a Rousey fan long before the haters came. Still am. I don't quite like her 'bad girl' persona, it's fake. But she does it with the intention to make money. I can understand that. Jones, fake persona is trying to be nice. Let Jones show his real self and let us love or hate him for who he really is. I choose to hate. He got shoved in a staredown. Several people have been shoved, but noone until now was bitch enough to throw an UFC exec. out of the way and throw punches. DC is soo in his head it's comical.

I was a Rousey fan long before the haters came. Still am. I don't quite like her 'bad girl' persona, it's fake. But she does it with the intention to make money. I can understand that. Jones, fake persona is trying to be nice. Let Jones show his real self and let us love or hate him for who he really is. I choose to hate. He got shoved in a staredown. Several people have been shoved, but noone until know was bitch enough to throw an UFC exec. out of the way and throw punches. DC is soo in his head it's comical.

How many people have been shoved by the throat?

I used to like Ronda, can't stand her now.

Back