Locked SHAZAM! Movie (Zachary Levi to Play Shazam)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it feasible for him to play both shazam and black Adam? I know they dont look alike in the comic apart from their size..but they both came from the same magic right? And I think it would make for a good movie.

At this point he could make anything it could be a box office hit. Everything he touches turns to gold even if it isn't that good. His name carries more weight right now then pretty much anyone.

Chris Pratt. He's basically a female version of Jenn Lawrence right now.

but yeah, The Rock is awesome.

I seriously don't know who i want him to play more: Shazam or Adam. I don't know how to phrase it but he has the face of Black Adam but not demeanor. When he stretches that beautiful smile over his pearly white teeth (if you haven't figured out yet, i have a mancrush on him), i just don't see Adam. He's too much of a nice guy.

Well he can play Black Adam as arrogant and that's key he can pull off arrogant watch his early heel promos when he first became the rock

I'd love him as Black Adam however I don't know if they'd make more than 1 movie with Black Adam. Shazam seems to be more likely to have multiple films. The Rock is too good of a commodity to limit him to 1 film.

Though i love him, he is one of the actors that i can't distance from their public persona. Probably too much exposure.

And he's genuinly a nice guy.

That's why i don't "see" him performing this:

Is it feasible for him to play both shazam and black Adam? I know they dont look alike in the comic apart from their size..but they both came from the same magic right? And I think it would make for a good movie.

He could pull it off but i dont think see why the studio would do that with this movie. I prefer him as shazam and i think Rock has the right gravitas, charm, sense of humor and youthful energy to be great in the role.

I think he'd make a better Black Adam but WB would be stupid not to include him in the JL movie.

Unless they do what Marvel did and make him the Loki of JL.

Update: August 19, 2014

Dwayne Johnson Talks More About SHAZAM and Praises Script

w3yqqtH.jpg

In yet another interview with a Spanish website, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson talks more about taking on a role in Shazam. Unfortunately, we're once again relying on Google Translate, but it's not too hard to figure out what the wrestler turned actor told Omelette when they caught up with him during his recent promotional tour for Hercules. "My trip to Comic-Con was a surprise, so I called personally to executives at New Line and Warner Bros. to see if they would like to announce Shazam there. Unfortunately, it was not time yet, but the official announcement should happen soon."

"I am 100% sure that the movie will happen We're talking about it since 2008, when I was offered the role for the first time was just a matter of finding the right script, and it finally happened now," Johnson promised. "We have a writer who understood the story and brought an amazing approach not only to Shazam, but the power of Black Adam as well."

Here's where things get a little confusing though. After reiterating that Johnson has not yet chosen between playing the hero or villain, they add that Johnson, "concluded by suggesting that the film will seek a kind of balance between these two antagonistic characters," and that "the film will be part of the ad leads to adaptations of superheroes from DC, which should happen soon."

More From The Rock On SHAZAM; Praises Script And Teases Story And DCU Connections

That could be pretty cool. But then again I thought Hercules was going to be awesome and left the theater incredibly disappointed.

Update: August 19, 2014

Dwayne Johnson Talks More About SHAZAM and Praises Script

Dwayne-Johnson-Black-Adam-081914-Dragonlord.jpg

In yet another interview with a Spanish website, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson talks more about taking on a role in Shazam. Unfortunately, we're once again relying on Google Translate, but it's not too hard to figure out what the wrestler turned actor told Omelette when they caught up with him during his recent promotional tour for Hercules. "My trip to Comic-Con was a surprise, so I called personally to executives at New Line and Warner Bros. to see if they would like to announce Shazam there. Unfortunately, it was not time yet, but the official announcement should happen soon."

"I am 100% sure that the movie will happen We're talking about it since 2008, when I was offered the role for the first time was just a matter of finding the right script, and it finally happened now," Johnson promised. "We have a writer who understood the story and brought an amazing approach not only to Shazam, but the power of Black Adam as well."

Here's where things get a little confusing though. After reiterating that Johnson has not yet chosen between playing the hero or villain, they add that Johnson, "concluded by suggesting that the film will seek a kind of balance between these two antagonistic characters," and that "the film will be part of the ad leads to adaptations of superheroes from DC, which should happen soon."

More From The Rock On SHAZAM; Praises Script And Teases Story And DCU Connections

I can see him more as Black Adam then Capt. Marvel.

JTB, is your avatar from that short-film a while back?

You should have quoted me lol.

It's from the trailer for 'Avengers Battle for Earth'.

I think you're referring to this:

truthinjournalism.jpg

I'm pretty surprised he's playing Black Adam but he'll be a good fit for the role, plus he's a bit more sympathetic in the New 52.

197902_10151272919934324_1741566772_n.jpg

Last edited:
Update: September 3, 2014

Dwayne Johnson Confirms He Will Be Playing Black Adam in SHAZAM!

FuyStzD.jpg

Dwayne Johnson has seemingly confirmed via Twitter that he will play Shazam villain Black Adam -- but there's a twist. In a message that shares comic book art of the dark wizard and dictator, Johnson referred to Black Adam as an "antihero," suggesting that perhaps he won't be the sole or primary antagonist of the film, and that he may have a more complex psychology, echoing more recent iterations of the character as written by DC Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns.

The Rock tweeted, "Kneel at his feet or get crushed by his boot." My honor to become.. #BlackAdam #TheAntiHero #DCComics"

Johnson had been attached to the role of Black Adam in a previous iteration of the Shazam movie, as well as to a Lobo film, over the years. Not long ago, rumors started to circulate that he and Warner Bros. were in serious talks to give him a role in their fledgling cinematic universe, and last month he revealed that he would play either Shazam or Black Adam in a Shazam film.

Black Adam, who derives his powers from the same source as Shazam does, is also the ruler of a small, Middle Eastern nation called Khandaq. While Warner Bros. have yet to officially confirm production, Shazam is widely expected to be one of the studio's 2016 or 2017 theatrical releases.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Confirms He Will Be Playing SHAZAM Villain BLACK ADAM

Well, congratulations seem to be in order for the the 35 posters who guessed it correctly:

anarchy_12, Anung Un Rama, Bloodlust, CO68, ELGUAP01, El_Dyablo619, evansusmc2, JBSchroeds, Judo Thai Boxer, KILL KILL, KnightTemplar, kuromusha, MaveDeltzer, milliniar, mmascene, MPS1997, MSK1010, MuStAKrakisH, ocill88, omero12, panrst80, Phlogiston, prod2821iloveclawman, ripsta619, Rob Battisti, Sexy, shonuf, Silverblur, streets ahead, Strychnyne, SwamiLeoni, The ScorpioN, Tulian, Uncommon Valor, Wandy Greg

(Darn you, Sigh, I should have never listened to you!)

So if the Rock is playing Black Adam, who's playing Shazam?

John Cena?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back