Everlast Powerlock 14oz Training glove review

audiophiliac

White Belt
@White
Reaction score

Alright guys here's the deal. I ordered it, when it arrived I was expecting to open the box to absolute shit. Through the wrap I could see the gloves and color through the wrapping and was pleasantly surprised because it looked good. As I looked at the stitching I knew what to expect, which was that it just really wasn't that great.

Price: 149? No, I'd go top boxer and wait. But got it on sale and paid around 100$.

Quality/materials: The quality of the materials is quite good, the leather itself is soft and I enjoy it very much, more so than the twins leather. The leather does feel sort of thin though. The stitching and how the glove is put together? Could be better, definitely not up to par some places the stitching is messed up maybe the logo isn't exactly placed correctly. But I have to say I've been using it for training the past month or so and it's held up pretty good. One month isn't a lot, so I guess I will need to update.

Protection/padding: Here's the real kicker, I love the foam used on this glove. It has good feedback and it firm and protective. It's firmer than my twins for reference. And I can go quite hard on the bag, not 100% like topboxer gloves but it has the feedback I miss from my twins (which I use for sparring).

Supplied laces: Forgot to add this, the supplied laces are not good they feel cheap but I still use them. not a big deal I'll just replace them when the time comes.

The feel of the glove is what gets me, sure a lot of things could improve and I hope they do someday. But when I train with these gloves I just love the feel of them compared to my twins. I switch between these and my top boxers and I have a great time.

Conclusion: I don't know what to say guys, you all hate everlast. My first gloves were everlast and I have fond memories of it. These gloves are not as bad as you make them out to be. Here's the deal, two people buy the different model honda sedans and you ask them both you'll get different responses. You don't have to argue via personal attacks in order to make your point. Don't stray from what is being discussed the fact is nobody here has owned the powerlocks yet if you haven't tried it yet you can't knock it, these are my experiences with these gloves. Maybe I got a good pair? I'm fairly new only been training a total of a year maybe I don't know any better but this is what I've experienced.

Let's have a positive discussion about gear.

Last edited:
This is a good review. Not that you other one wasn't.....it just jumped around from one brand to another to another. The whole Everlast clip from the TopBoxer review should have been saved for this. Now onto these gloves......they are indeed very nice looking. I have been awaiting a Powerlock review since they started a training glove. I do see that 150 is steep especially what else you can get for that price. Do you think the 100 is a fair price for these or could you see them cheaper? For example...Fighting sports. Good gloves but not worth the price tag Title asks for them.

Also doesn't look like any vent holes in the palm. Are these gloves saunas while wearing them for an extended period of time?

I like the red and gray color scheme on these. Looks very pimp!!!!

I thank you for taking the time to post this review:) Please by all means update us as time goes on and these get more use to see how they are holding up.

Thanks for the review and sharing your opinion of these gloves.

But holy hell the stitching on the cuff of the right hand glove looks terrible. I can't believe that passes QC AND they sell them for $150! :eek:

Yeah with my first review I kind of just wanted to do an overview of what led me to the top boxers, but you're right maybe I jumped around a bit too much.

But anyway, for 100$ this is not bad I wouldn't go much higher for these gloves. Fortunately everlast is a big company and always has sales so you're in luck sooner or later.

They also don't get too hot surprisingly, I try a few times a week to do 12 rounds on the heavy bag and they are not noticeably hotter than my twins gloves if that's any reference. So I'd say they're fine in terms of heat. Also anyone try those MX gloves? I hear they have absolutely no padding which kind of sucks I really like how the leather looks at least in video/photo of the mx training gloves.

Yeah with my first review I kind of just wanted to do an overview of what led me to the top boxers, but you're right maybe I jumped around a bit too much.

But anyway, for 100$ this is not bad I wouldn't go much higher for these gloves. Fortunately everlast is a big company and always has sales so you're in luck sooner or later.

They also don't get too hot surprisingly, I try a few times a week to do 12 rounds on the heavy bag and they are not noticeably hotter than my twins gloves if that's any reference. So I'd say they're fine in terms of heat. Also anyone try those MX gloves? I hear they have absolutely no padding which kind of sucks I really like how the leather looks at least in video/photo of the mx training gloves.

Someone did a review not too long ago on the MX training gloves. I'll try and find it.

Thank you, LOL wow the way those logos are branded...okay guys I want to reiterate the quality of thai gloves/top boxers/etc are much better than everlast I don't want to be leading people astray. I just enjoyed the powerlocks and found them to be a really fun pair of gloves, if it's a bad pair I suppose you could send it for a replacement right away.

You guys see this review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHvPyMGWzXw @4:40 seconds? See how his hand sits in that glove? I want that...don't know what other pair of gloves does that...

hey man thanks for the review , dont it make you crazy to tie the lace every time?

hey man thanks for the review , dont it make you crazy to tie the lace every time?

I find the wrist support of laces to be better than velcro and the feel to be better in general. But yes it does drive me nuts, velcro is damned convenient haha

I find the wrist support of laces to be better than velcro and the feel to be better in general. But yes it does drive me nuts, velcro is damned convenient haha
lol ! i guess your trainer tie the laces every time ? please correct me if i wrong it should be exhausting!!!

lol ! i guess your trainer tie the laces every time ? please correct me if i wrong it should be exhausting!!!

He ties them with mind control as do I. Therefore it is not a pain in the ass....just takes concentration.

damn i didnt knew there is people like me with mind control ability ! :cool::eek:

We are Legion and we are many.

Hey Audio....I might have missed it somewhere...but have you tried any of the other Everlast upper tier gloves? If so...how do these compare?

We are Legion and we are many.

Hey Audio....I might have missed it somewhere...but have you tried any of the other Everlast upper tier gloves? If so...how do these compare?
i didnt understand the question well , can you repeat it again?

I think he was referring to "have you tried any of the other Everlast upper tier gloves? If so...how do these compare?"

Ahhh.....now I see.

@lolmit

I was asking him if he has tried any of the other higher end Everlasts such as Protex 2 and 3(not the sporting goods store 2's either) and wanted to know how the Powerlocks compared.

Ahhh.....now I see.

@lolmit

I was asking him if he has tried any of the other higher end Everlasts such as Protex 2 and 3(not the sporting goods store 2's either) and wanted to know how the Powerlocks compared.
now its clear ! viva la qualited everlast !!

Back