MNN (I AM LEGEND Reboot; Dwayne Johnson to Star in BAYWATCH Movie)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2nd Trailer for James Marsh's THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING

The-Theory-of-Everything-100114-Dragonlord.jpg

Focus Features has released a new The Theory of Everything trailer for director James Marsh

First Trailer for JUSTICE LEAGUE: THRONE OF ATLANTIS

Justice-League-Ocean-Master-100114-Dragonlord.jpg

In a Newsarama-exclusive debut, the first trailer for Justice League: Throne of Atlantis has been released. In the new DC Animated movie universe, Aquaman was replaced by Shazam as a founding member of the premiere superhero team - but don't fret, fans, as it was all to serve him getting a feature of his own. Make no mistake, while it says "Justice League" in the title, this is definitely an Aquaman movie.

After a tease on the blu-ray release of Assault on Arkham, Warner Bros. Animation is ready to reveal the movie in full. As Orm and Black Manta make their move against the surface world after the battle with Apokolips forces in Justice League War had deadly consequences for Atlantis, the queen of the lost underwater civilization searches for her other son, Orm's half brother Arthur. Living on the surface world with powers he doesn't understand, Arthur Curry steps into his destiny as Aquaman, teaming with the Justice League to save and unite all people of the world.

The cast includes Jerry O'Connell (Superman), Nathan Fillion (Green Lantern), Jason O'Mara (Batman), Shemar Moore (Cyborg), Rosario Dawson (Wonder Woman), Sam Witwer (Orm/Ocean Master), Chris Gorham (The Flash), Sean Astin (Shazam) and many more. Justice League: Throne of Atlantis is due out Spring 2015.

Aquaman Vs Orm in JUSTICE LEAGUE: THRONE OF ATLANTIS Debut Trailer

First Images from Director Clint Eastwood's AMERICAN SNIPER

USA Today has released the first images from director Clint Eastwood's upcoming drama American Sniper. The film stars Bradley Cooper as U.S. Navy SEAL Chris Kyle, who served four tours in Iraq and quickly became the most lethal sniper in U.S. military history. His reputation crossed enemy lines, making him a prime target for the insurgency, and when he returned home to his wife and kids, he struggled to leave the war behind. These images give us our first look at a transformed Cooper, who put on 40 pounds of muscle to portray Kyle.

Steven Spielberg was originally set to direct the film before bowing out, and it would’ve marked interesting territory for the filmmaker. Regardless, Cooper (who is also the film’s producer) has been incredibly passionate about telling Kyle’s story, even acquiring the rights to his autobiography before his death. The film also stars Sienna Miller, Jake McDorman, Luke Grimes, Navid Negahban, and Keir O’Donnell. American Sniper opens in limited release on December 25th.

23if913.jpg

24l1nr4.jpg

First Images from Clint Eastwood's AMERICAN SNIPER Reveal a Bulky Bradley Cooper

Cinema Chains to Boycott Netflix's CROUCHING TIGER Sequel

Crouching-Tiger-Green-Legend-Donnie-Yen-Dragonlord.jpg

Furious cinemas chains have threatened to boycott the forthcoming sequel to the Oscar-winning martial arts epic Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon following Netflix

Ben Affleck to Star in the Assassin Thriller THE ACCOUNTANT

Ben-Affleck-Image-050614-Dragonlord.jpg

The thriller The Accountant has been bouncing around in development for some time, but it looks like it's finally moving forward, courting a big star for the lead role. Ben Affleck is in negotiations to star in the film, sources tell THR. Warrior helmer Gavin O'Connor has also been in talks to direct the film. Bill Dubuque wrote the 2011 Black List script, which centers on an accountant who moonlights as an assassin.

After a brief period at Sony, the project was put back in turnaround, where Warner Bros. picked it up. The film has had several directors circling it over the years, including Mel Gibson and the Coen brothers. Will Smith was at one time eyeing the project as the lead.

O'Connor helmed 2011's critically acclaimed sports drama Warrior, and directed Jane Got a Gun, which is slated for release on Feb. 20, 2015, via Relativity. His earlier work includes thriller Pride and Glory and hockey drama Miracle. Affleck stars in David Fincher's dark adaptation Gone Girl, hitting theaters on Friday. He will also play Batman in Warner Bros. superhero ensemble film Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Ben Affleck in Talks to Star in Director Gavin O'Connor Action Thriller THE ACCOUNTANT

Last edited:
Warner Bros. Developing I AM LEGEND Reboot from Spec Script

16biq6u.jpg

After years of trying, Warner Bros finally has found a way to extend its hit Will Smith last-man-on-Earth blockbuster I Am Legend into a potential new franchise. The studio is working on a reboot that isn

Adam Sandler to Produce and Star in Four Movies for Netflix

The-Cobbler-Adam-Sandler-100114-Dragonlord.jpg

Snagging one of the world's best-known Hollywood stars, Netflix has signed a deal to make four feature films with Adam Sandler as the streaming service continues its empire building and moves into producing original movies that bypass the usual theatrical release.

Sandler's Happy Madison Productions will work alongside Netflix in developing the yet-to-be announced titles, which will premiere exclusively in the nearly 50 countries where Netflix operates. It's a significant move for Sandler, a longtime denizen of the Hollywood studio system -- a system wedded to playing films first in theaters, not in the home. He'll both star in and produce the Netflix projects.

"When these fine people came to me with an offer to make four movies for them, I immediately said yes for one reason and one reason only - Netflix rhymes with Wet Chicks," Sandler said in a statement. "Let the streaming begin!!!!"

Netflix is prepared to pony up as much as the majors studios do for a Sandler film, which, on average, costs in the $80 million range. Blended, his most recent comedy, was an exception, with a production budget of $40 million. The actor's films, most of them comedies, have grossed more than $3 billion globally. And his films consistently rank among the most viewed by Netflix members, both in the U.S. and overseas.

Netflix Books Adam Sandler for Four Movies; Proclaims Star, "Let the streaming begin!!!!"

Exodus looks promising; should be a visual treat for the eyes if nothing else.

I AM Legend is one of the best horror/thrillers I have seen. A Sequel would definitely warrant my 15 dollars to see it in IMAX.

Thanks DragonLord, these are always appreciated.

Thoughts:

Taken 3:
Seems unrelated to the first 2 but I'll watch Liam in anything. His latest movie was more my type and reminded me a bit like True Detective but I also enjoyed non-stop.

Inherent Vice:
I have high hopes for it so it'll probably let me down.
I didn't really like the master but it wasn't bad.

I hope the movie is not fully narrated by Juno Temple because that's who Reece(?) sounds like in the trailer.

American Sniper:
Never heard of it but Cooper been "hot" lately and I hope it has some good action scenes.
He looks like Jason bateman in those images.

Random:
John Wick looks badass indeed.
Tetris will probably suck like those adam sandler movies.

Daniel Radcliffe Reportedly Joins NOW YOU SEE ME Sequel

Daniel-Radcliffe-600x200-Dragonlord.jpg

Michael Caine has let it slip that Daniel Radcliffe will have a role in Now You See Me 2. While doing an interview this evening at Royal Albert Hall, the actor revealed the following information about the upcoming sequel to 2013′s surprise hit:

William Hurt Joins Jeremy Irons in Jesse Owens Biopic RACE

William-Hurt-Jesse-Owens-Race-Dragonlord.jpg

Press Release: Focus Features announced today that Academy Award

As much as I like Scott and Bale I very much dislike Biblical epics. I mean Joel Egerton as Rameses? Sigourney Weaver? While the casting of named actors is ok (I guess) it doesn't look believable. Visually stunning I'm sure but I don't know about the rest of the movie.

First Teaser Trailer for INSIDE OUT Pays Tribute to Pixar's Past

Inside-Out-Riley-100214-Dragonlord.jpg

We

Dwayne Johnson Attached to Star in BAYWATCH Movie

Dwayne-Johnson-Jet-Ski-100214-Dragonlord.jpg

Paramount is moving forward with its big-screen adaptation of Baywatch and has loosely attached Dwayne Johnson for beach patrol duties. The studio also has hired Justin Malen to rewrite and has attached the hot comedy writing team of Sean Anders and John Morris (We're the Millers) to direct. Montecito Pictures is producing along with Beau Flynn and Tripp Vinson.

Johnson has long been rumored to head up a Baywatch movie, and the oft-shirtless star would seem a perfect fit for the action film that takes place along the perilous shores of Santa Monica. In fact, the Fast & Furious star is no stranger to showing off his abs as he did in the titular role in Hercules, which opened in July. Johnson recently shot the action film San Andreas for producer Flynn as well as Fast & Furious 7.

Paramount has been trying to mount a Baywatch movie for years and has begun to ramp up its efforts. A number of previous writers have taken a crack at the script including Jeremy Garelick and Peter Tolan. At one point the action was set to revolve around a series of shark attacks that led the Baywatch team to investigate a drug-smuggling operation. It is unclear what Malen's take will be for the latest version.

Paramount Moves Forward With Baywatch Movie with Dwayne Johnson Attached to Star

Joaquin Phoenix No Longer in Talks for DOCTOR STRANGE

Joaquin-Phoenix-Doctor-Strange-100214-Dragonlord.jpg

Marvel Studios' talks with Oscar nominee Joaquin Phoenix to play Doctor Strange are kaput. He never had a deal, but Marvel already is getting into it with other actors to play that superhero in a free-standing film. Don’t believe these talks that Boyhood‘s Ethan Hawke has made a deal to play the character; Deadline's sources reliably tells the site that that is speculation run wild. Phoenix will next appear in the Paul Thomas Anderson-directed Inherent Vice which opens this weekend at the New York Film Festival.

Collider followed up with their sources who confirmed that the whole thing fell apart within the last 24 hours. It’s unclear what led to the actor deciding against signing onto the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but it’s really not incredibly surprising. Phoenix has always been someone who marches to the beat of his own drum, and signing a big multi-picture contract to become part of a massive studio franchise was a marked change in direction for the actor.

Before Marvel started talking with him, the major names in the mix included The Drop‘s Tom Hardy, The Imitation Game’s Benedict Cumberbatch and Dallas Buyers Club‘s Jared Leto, among others. Let the speculation begin anew. After teasing references to the Doctor, most recently he got a shout-out in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Marvel has made this a priority. Scott Derrickson is directing and Jon Spaihts is writing the script for the pic (the first draft was penned by Thomas Dean Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer).

Joaquin Phoenix Will Not Be Doctor Strange as Talks with Marvel Studios Break Down

Comments: Marvel should just get Luke Evans, Benedict Cumberbatch or Harry Lloyd for Dr. Strange. And even though he is already cast as Edwin Jarvis in ABC's Agent Carter, another great candidate would be James D'Arcy (Master and Commander).

First Teaser Trailer for Clint Eastwood's AMERICAN SNIPER

American-Sniper-Bradley-Cooper-100214-Dragonlord.jpg

Warner Bros. has released the first trailer for American Sniper. From director Clint Eastwood comes American Sniper, starring Bradley Cooper as Chris Kyle, the most lethal sniper in U.S. military history. But there was much more to him than his skill as a sharpshooter. U.S. Navy SEAL Chris Kyle is sent to Iraq with only one mission: to protect his brothers-in-arms. His pinpoint accuracy saves countless lives on the battlefield and, as stories of his courageous exploits spread, he earns the nickname

Rosa Salazar Nabs Key Female Role in MAZE RUNNER Sequel

Rosa-Salazar-Maze-Runner-Dragonlord.jpg

Rosa Salazar has closed a deal to join the cast of Maze Runner: Scorch Trials, the sequel to Fox's YA adaptation The Maze Runner. With Runner a solid performer, Fox immediately dated the sequel and has Scorch Trials in pre-production. Director Wes Ball is back for the sequel as are the producers, Temple Hill Entertainment and the Gotham Group. Lead Dylan O'Brien is also back and will now find himself in a potential romantic triangle.

The first movie focused on a group of young men escaping through a deadly maze and only had one female lead, played by Kaya Scodelario. In a major coup for the actress, Salazar will play Brenda, a character who runs around with another group of teens (as that group's lone female), who ends up paired with O'Brien's character when both end up on the run in tunnels underneath a city. Aidan Gillen, who plays Game of Thrones character Littlefinger, was previously cast as the villain.

Salazar already has one YA adventure movie under her belt: She recently completed a small role in Divergent sequel Insurgent. The actress has also notched appearances on shows such as Parenthood and American Horror Story.

Rosa Salazar Nabs Key Female Role in THE MAZE RUNNER: THE SCORCH TRIALS

New Posters for MORTDECAI Feature the Cast with Moustaches

Lionsgate has released four Mortdecai character posters online, and all of them feature the title character’s dapper facial hair. The film stars Johnny Depp as the roguish Charlie Mortdecai, an art dealer who finds himself in a race to recover a stolen painting rumored to contain the code to a lost bank account filled with Nazi gold (everyone wants Nazi gold these days). The film also stars Gwyneth Paltrow, Ewan McGregor, Olivia Munn, Aubrey Plaza, Jeff Goldblum, Oliver Platt, and Paul Bettany. Mortdecai opens January 23, 2015. Click HERE to watch the first trailer.

1412294964105_Image_galleryImage_Plot_Summary_Juggling_som.JPG

1412294993477_Image_galleryImage_Plot_Summary_Juggling_som.JPG

1412295081422_Image_galleryImage_Plot_Summary_Juggling_som.JPG

1412295136385_Image_galleryImage_Plot_Summary_Juggling_som.JPG

Johnny Depp and Gwyneth Paltrow sport handlebar moustaches in Mortdecai posters

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/showthread.php?p=108752957#post108752957

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back