Pro Wrestling Discussion 177: Lunatic Fringe, We All Know You're Out There!

Until they confirmed his return this Monday, I thought Brock was taking October off so that someone doesn't try to convince him to wear pink.

Remember how over he was a couple of years ago? What a damn shame.

Did WWE bury him?

Well, Ryback is getting massively over as a face, clearly the number 2 at that point, and gaining ground on Cena.

Cena that had the genius idea of "Hey, turn Ryback heel!" So, they did, and Cena quickly dispatched him, and he was done ever since.

Now, people are asking "Why hasn't he done the same with Bryan?", because he's with Nikki Bella, so fucking with Bryan basically makes his relationship awkward. However, if Ambrose starts getting a little too over, he could be fucked next.

WTF is this?

5b2tyb.gif

Idk if this has been brought up yet but it proves that Punk doesn't like fans calling him Phil. It's in the first minute of the interview.

[YT]K2K_9gYOOd4[/YT]

No wonder Punk is so angry, he got mommy and daddy issues...Goddamn Sum 41 generation.

I don't think it's a well hidden fact that Punk didn't have a good family life.

Also, for the longest time I had no idea what the Atomic Drop was supposed to do. I kind of thought it was supposed to be dropping your opponents tailbone onto your knee, and I'm still surprised that it was a match ending move in the past. Most 'finishing moves' in pro-wrestling seem to be based on something that is fairly legit, though often done backwards (instead of jumping on your opponents head while he's on the ground, you jump on the ground while holding your opponents head), but I just don't understand where the idea for the drop came from.

Oh, and the Cruiserweight episode of the Monday Night Wars was very neat. One of the first ones I think that showed not only WCW doing something well (at first) but also how WWF tried to imitate that and generally failed (with Light Heavyweights).

I was also interested to see Ric Flair and (I think it was) Arn Anderson really talking up the Cruiserweights as a big part of the show and giving them compliments, though I suppose I shouldn't be. Flair seems like the model for the average-sized-guy wrestler and I'm surprised it's not brought up more (or at least on here). He had a very average physique compared to a lot of other guys he went against, and was not a Hulk Hogan style giant, instead relying on hiss work, technical ability, and of course his personality.

I don't think it's a well hidden fact that Punk didn't have a good family life.

Also, for the longest time I had no idea what the Atomic Drop was supposed to do. I kind of thought it was supposed to be dropping your opponents tailbone onto your knee, and I'm still surprised that it was a match ending move in the past. Most 'finishing moves' in pro-wrestling seem to be based on something that is fairly legit, though often done backwards (instead of jumping on your opponents head while he's on the ground, you jump on the ground while holding your opponents head), but I just don't understand where the idea for the drop came from.

Or how the inverted atomic drop is legal when it's basically kneeing your opponent in the balls.

Well, Ryback is getting massively over as a face, clearly the number 2 at that point, and gaining ground on Cena.

Cena that had the genius idea of "Hey, turn Ryback heel!" So, they did, and Cena quickly dispatched him, and he was done ever since.

Now, people are asking "Why hasn't he done the same with Bryan?", because he's with Nikki Bella, so fucking with Bryan basically makes his relationship awkward. However, if Ambrose starts getting a little too over, he could be fucked next.
There was a Cena meme I saw awhile back that I wish I had saved. "That's some nice momentum you have there. It would be a shame if you lost it..."

This guy reeks of neckbeard.

In a post on WrestlingForum.com (via Wrestlezone.com), a fan wrote about an encounter with former WWE champion CM Punk and his wife, current WWE Divas champion AJ Lee, at the Chicago Blackhawks game on Wednesday.

I was at the hawks game and I

Also, for the longest time I had no idea what the Atomic Drop was supposed to do. I kind of thought it was supposed to be dropping your opponents tailbone onto your knee, and I'm still surprised that it was a match ending move in the past.

It surely doesn't make sense as a match ender but if you have have ever received a stiff atomic drop you will know it brings the pain.

lol Superstar testified against Vince and Vince still welcomed him back but yet he thinks Vince holds some death grudge?
I dont think Vince truly hates anyone, its just all part of the game for him

Well, except Randy Savage. I wonder why, it

Back