Stuffing a banana bag

Chaghatai said:
that's why god made bag gloves and wrist-wraps :icon_chee

Yeah that's one area i'm not going to skimp on with my cash....an extra $15-25 can keep my hands/wrists happy.

I bought a 6 foot 100 lb synthetic leather bag from Title. It's their classic model, it cost me something like 140 dollars shipped, filled and everything. It's well made, I use it all the time with very little settling and bowing and it would save you the hassle and money as well.

The title bag has a thick foam liner, not so good for conditioning or power as the whole thing only weighs 100 lbs when filled. Best to take it out and re-pack it with ex-tra stuffing. In the end, I went with Fairtex, I figure it's worth the extra $ and time stuffing the thing to get a real good bag that sees alot of use in thailand.

My.02

(BTW, what's up with that one word post, trying to pad the post-count or something?)

I just added more filler to my bag, it's up to 125 lbs at this point and is somewhat hard now, especially at the bottom. It's real nice for practicing power kicks and punches! :icon_twis

I'm suprised it was so easy to fill the bad to heavier than spec using only rags.

Good thread. I've filled my Super Teardrop bag with rags. It's settled now so time to top up and compact it.

My banana bag has arrived. Will use rags from tailor shops. Can buy 60kg here for about 10 dollars (I'm in Zambia).

My friend has a boxing gym here and they fill thier bags with rubber cuttings similar to what gets sprinkled under climbing frames in children playgrounds. I think this would weigh too much but might try it.

Rags, rags and more rags. With the occasional cloth thrown in.

Be sure to remove anything sharp or hard, ie. zippers, buttons....

Back