Everlast Powerlock 14oz Training glove review

Everlast is beloved by fighters for the legitimate reason that they're taken care of by fighter consultants like Ernie Gabion @eaner0919.
Fighters get hooked up with gloves and gear for training, and they get customs for fights.
This is also why Grant can do business the way they do (horrible cs) because folks see fighters with their stuff and pay premium for what they think will be "top of the line."
Even with decent designs and materials, Everlast has horrible quality control and customer service. Ringside is going this way as well (which is sad).
Supporting guys like 1V1, Topboxer, R2C is necessary, I think. Competition is the only thing that keeps companies humble and doing the right thing. Anyone considering getting into making quality gloves as a business should do it, if they're business savvy.
Not only does it create more options for consumers, but it will force companies like Everalst that used to be quality to maybe go back to that quality or better it.

Everlast is beloved by fighters for the legitimate reason that they're taken care of by fighter consultants like Ernie Gabion @eaner0919.
Fighters get hooked up with gloves and gear for training, and they get customs for fights.
This is also why Grant can do business the way they do (horrible cs) because folks see fighters with their stuff and pay premium for what they think will be "top of the line."
Even with decent designs and materials, Everlast has horrible quality control and customer service. Ringside is going this way as well (which is sad).
Supporting guys like 1V1, Topboxer, R2C is necessary, I think. Competition is the only thing that keeps companies humble and doing the right thing. Anyone considering getting into making quality gloves as a business should do it, if they're business savvy.
Not only does it create more options for consumers, but it will force companies like Everalst that used to be quality to maybe go back to that quality or better it.

I agree with what your saying. Only Everlast will never go back. They have the market cornered so badly with all these shit big box store items and people eat it up. They don't have to know crap about boxing, but they sure do know the name Everlast. My wife goes to a fitness boxing gym and all you see are tons and tons of those shit pro training gloves. Why??? Its Everlast so I gotta have it to box.
As long as the mad dollars are rolling in....Everlast will never go back. They will just laugh all the way to the bank. Now don't get me wrong, I do feel that they still have some quality products....for a hefty price......but Im sure a majority of their focus is on the cheap junk they can move fast.

I agree with what your saying. Only Everlast will never go back. They have the market cornered so badly with all these shit big box store items and people eat it up. They don't have to know crap about boxing, but they sure do know the name Everlast. My wife goes to a fitness boxing gym and all you see are tons and tons of those shit pro training gloves. Why??? Its Everlast so I gotta have it to box.
As long as the mad dollars are rolling in....Everlast will never go back. They will just laugh all the way to the bank. Now don't get me wrong, I do feel that they still have some quality products....for a hefty price......but Im sure a majority of their focus is on the cheap junk they can move fast.

All Giants fall sometime or another, look at what happened to the American Car companies. Inferior products that was getting beat out by imported cars time and time again. They took it for granted, had to get bailed out by the government. Cars are much more needed than boxing gloves, and I doubt the government is going to bail out a boxing company.

All Giants fall sometime or another, look at what happened to the American Car companies. Inferior products that was getting beat out by imported cars time and time again. They took it for granted, had to get bailed out by the government. Cars are much more needed than boxing gloves, and I doubt the government is going to bail out a boxing company.

True....except I don't ever see Everlast needing to be bailed out. As long as there are people who do no research, there will be major sales on the big box garbage. That and their big name fighters will be enough for them to just continue down the dirt road.

You have to remember that you get what you pay for.

Well, with the expensive powerlocks, you'll get gloves that'll fall apart after several months, especially if you plan on using them on the bag. Even Everlast's mid- to high- tier gloves are hit or miss with quality, not just their low end crap.

I have had my everlast mx training gloves 16 oz.only use them on the bag..for four years. Not all everlast are neverlast...my powerlocks are awesome. My cleto's I recently bought lasted 14 months on bag and pads..and my winning I use for sparring a little over 2 years. Not all everlast falls apart..sometimes you get a couple good pairs. Guess I am lucky. For me I just like the compact style of their gloves. I wait for a sale..and then buy. Just bought another pair of powerlocks for 99 on sale.and used the 25 percent sign up code on them..paid about 80 shipped :). for that price..you can't go wrong.

I have had my everlast mx training gloves 16 oz.only use them on the bag..for four years. Not all everlast are neverlast...my powerlocks are awesome. My cleto's I recently bought lasted 14 months on bag and pads..and my winning I use for sparring a little over 2 years. Not all everlast falls apart..sometimes you get a couple good pairs. Guess I am lucky. For me I just like the compact style of their gloves. I wait for a sale..and then buy. Just bought another pair of powerlocks for 99 on sale.and used the 25 percent sign up code on them..paid about 80 shipped :). for that price..you can't go wrong.

THIS is the problem with Everlast: you can't trust that a certain type of glove you bought from them will be just as good as the exact same glove you bought previously.

I bought three different pairs of their Protex3 Elites online and they were all different. I kept the best in terms of quality and sold the rest.

I have to do that for any Everlast product I get. That is a quality control problem.

Quality Control = Trust

Thus, I can't trust Everlast.

Yeah I hear ya. My recent Title experience has been the same. When you get a glove that is an inch longer and almost 2.5 ounces smaller than the other..quality is definitely an issue!! I do love it though when you get lucky and get a pair that works.

I guess I got lucky with my C3's. Not a single complaint except the initial leather smell that went away. I do want to try these Powerlocks but don't know if I want to chance getting a dud.

See, "lucky" is the operative word here, but buying gloves should NOT be like gambling.
You should actually get what you pay for.
This is why I would like to say to myself that I'll just stick to Winning and upstart brands like Topboxer/1v1, but I know Everlast will probably catch me again in the future with something that makes me take that gamble... dagnabit.

very good any informative review i must say...
everlast guys should give me their gear making contract ,and i will rebuild their good old days reputation...but i am sure they will not...lol

See, "lucky" is the operative word here, but buying gloves should NOT be like gambling.
You should actually get what you pay for.
This is why I would like to say to myself that I'll just stick to Winning and upstart brands like Topboxer/1v1, but I know Everlast will probably catch me again in the future with something that makes me take that gamble... dagnabit.

the problem is that most of the big names in brands tend to give gear making contracts to giant factories in our city , who dont happen to care much about the quality control or about the safety of boxer,s hands.
big brands should give contracts to smaller establishments (trial order of 500 pairs or so) as well so they can work on their products with all the heart and make them in good quality.
just my 2 cents , good discussion folks.

very good any informative review i must say...
everlast guys should give me their gear making contract ,and i will rebuild their good old days reputation...but i am sure they will not...lol

I would love for you to deconstruct the Powerlocks and work your magic on them.

Yes Strat we get it you don't like everlast or anything they make..but loads of boxers who train would disagree with you. To each his own. Everyone has their favorite brand.

K np i will remain out of this forum, sorry to offend

With Labor Day coming up...I'm hoping Everlast has a decent sale. If so I will finally grab a pair of Powerlocks. I've been putting them off for too long!!!

With Labor Day coming up...I'm hoping Everlast has a decent sale. If so I will finally grab a pair of Powerlocks. I've been putting them off for too long!!!
I might be with you on that, or the MXs. Still unsure, i went with UMA and Winning instead during Everlasts last sale but now im thinking of trying out Everlast again.

I might be with you on that, or the MXs. Still unsure, i went with UMA and Winning instead during Everlasts last sale but now im thinking of trying out Everlast again.

You grab the MX and I'll go power lock.....lol.

Back