The All Encompassing Drum & Bass Thread - Liquid/Neuro/Darkstep/Hardstyle/Etc.

Hyperglide

Tell Apathy
@Gold
Reaction score
For the uninitiated what is "Drum & Bass"?

Drum & Bass (/ˈdrʌm ənd ˈbeɪs/) (also written as Drum 'n' Bass or Drum and Bass and commonly abbreviated to D&B, DnB or D'n'B) is a genre of electronic music also known as Jungle which emerged in England in the early 1990s.[3] The genre is characterized by fast breakbeats (typically between 150–180 beats per minute[4]) with heavy bass and sub-bass lines.[5] The "bass line" is usually created with sampled sources or synthesizers.

More 411 here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drum_and_bass

Best Electronic genre out there except for maybe Synth :cool:

Last edited:
[YT]AbLGnn07k7w[/YT]

My favorite sub genre of electronic. Some of the tracks can be quite dark though. I like Techstep the most.

My favorite sub genre of electronic. Some of the tracks can be quite dark though. I like Techstep the most.

bad ass, Techstep is also my favorite and so is Darkstep.

lets get some classics in this thread

king of the rewinds

Great thread Hyperglide!!

Lots of old school stuff posted. Surprised no Photek yet.

Great thread Hyperglide!!

Thanks. Surprised to see so many D&B fans here.

I like the Sect. They can go just full on Bass with a lot slower of a BPM

And then go nuclear like this...

Cant beat a bit of BSE

original damage track

Technical Itch is god

[YT]vf7cS_g6Shw?list=FLYR2kd_95QFYH7E5D81XHUg[/YT]

Not at all what I was expecting. I was expecting actual drums and bass parts that are memorable. Learned something new today I guess.

Along these lines

Not at all what I was expecting. I was expecting actual drums and bass parts that are memorable. Learned something new today I guess.

Along these lines

I clearly described what it was in the OP. :rolleyes:

RockyLion love me some Black Sun Empire those tracks were excellent.

Just heard this track. Blown away. Very heavy and it's a good blend of classic and modern D&B. Released in 2004.

Last edited:
And I clearly stated what I thought it was and that I learned something new.:redface:

Wasn't trying to sound like a dick or an elitist. I just figured most people knew what Drum & Bass was. Even people who don't listen to (any/a lot of) Electronic or "techno music."

all about Congo Natty Ragga Jungle crew
[YT]4qHLwFjAYp4?list=FLYR2kd_95QFYH7E5D81XHUg[/YT]

Back