** TOPBOXER Custom Boxing & MMA Equipment v2 **

Minowafanatic

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
edit: although when I wrote this thread, I was just a fan of the brand, I have recently started doing some work for TopBoxer. I've left below the thread as it was before this development, and it was originally created long before I began a working relationship with the brand:

Please see: WWW.TOPBOXER.COM

or email [email protected]

Much of the information below is outdated. Check the site at www.topboxer.com for correct information and how to purchase.

3J7Qzu.png
Check out his INSTAGRAM for a ton of pictures! He has made equipment for fighting sports alumni like former UFC Champions Jon Jones and Holly Holm, UFC title contender Donald Cerrone, and boxing world challenger Willie Monroe Jr, Olympic boxing star Michael Conlan, former WBC champion Wayne McCullough, and the great MMA trainer Greg Jackson along with many other top fighters and coaches. He's also on FACEBOOK.

What does he make and how much can I customize?

He makes everything and anything related to martial arts that you can think of, with both bulk and single orders. His items are fully customisable and if you can think it up, he can create it. Any preferences you can imagine can be implemented and designed, even with the items being made specifically to your measurements if you so wish. These come included in the price, except embroidery, screen printing and exotic leathers (patent, croc, neon etc) cost extra. He also sells apparel/training clothes, and you can buy matching sets of equipment. He also does bulk orders at heavily discounted prices. In this thread I'll be showing you some of the standard options available, but the scope of possibility goes far beyond what was feasible to cover here.

How do I order and how long does it take?

You will have to contact Topboxer and arrange all orders directly with him, or purchase through eBay. His email address is given above. He typically accepts payments through either Paypal or Western Union. The latter is a perfectly safe, and valid way of sending money, with negligible fee costs. However, most normally people prefer to use Paypal. The wait time after purchase until delivery is normally between 2-6 weeks, with 4 weeks as a rough average for custom items. For stock items it's more like 7-10days.

Pricing (Last Updated 2017)
This is from TopBoxer:

Most stock items cost 110$ USD
including international shipping. See the eBay store.

Most custom items cost 149$ USD
including international postage. Notable exceptions are the following:

Punch Shields and Thai Pads - 200USD

Body Shields - 225 USD

These prices cover the cost of international shipping except for Israel and South America and some remote countries where it will be more.

=========

Bulk orders can be arranged at very competitive rates. A bulk order of over 30 identical boxing gloves for example might see each pair cost between 29 to 49 USD depending on the materials requested. A bulk order of BJJ Gi's will normally end up costing 49USD per gi, depending on the amount of fabric used. Extensive embroidery and patchwork would be extra.

For designs and inspiration please have a look at: www.customboxing.us

Payment is accepted by PayPal atL www.paypal.me/topboxer

Bespoke stock items such as gloves and mitts are also available at the Ebay store and can give a good idea about pricing: www.ebay.co.uk/usr/topboxerboxing

Also check out our facebook page at: fb.me/topboxerboxing

Please feel free to ask anything by email at [email protected]

----------------------------------------------------------------
The following listed below is a general overview of his product line, starting with boxing gloves and going through different boxing equipment, before ending with a brief section on some of the TMA and MMA equipment he sells. What is actually available is way more than what is listed below, but I just want to provide a definitive guide to help consumers.
More Info: Boxing Gloves

A cheap stock option available is the Winning-inspired model of boxing glove, which comes in two standard colours (maroon/gold, and black/gold, as shown below). These are pictured below in a purchasable gift box. These were first made by Topboxer after cutting apart and analyzing the pattern of Winning gloves, and so utilize similar padding and construction, making them extremely protective at a much cheaper price. They can be customized further upon request. The below pairs went out to UFC champion Jon Jones.
4xQDQ1.jpg

You can find my own review of an older version of these gloves here. It should be noted that Topboxer has made changes to the stock gloves to remedy the wrist support issue identified in my review, making them totally solid now and without fault.

Special option:

These are based on the Reyes 8 and 10oz fight gloves, and can be customized further. Horse-hair can also be added to the padding at a cost. They are puncher's gloves and suitable for training or for competition in smokers/unlicensed bouts.

Bl1Jx3.jpg

Custom options:

cOLYlh.png

Many different leathers/colours are available, such as red, maroon, pink, black, grey, royal blue, navy blue, aquamarine, sky blue, turquoise, white, yellow, keylime green, fluorescent green, neon green, purple, orange etc. There are also the more exotic which may cost extra, e.g. patent/shiny leathers and metallic leathers, as well as snakeskin, croc, drum dyed/vintage brown leather and more.

Any colour combination is possible, along with split seam thumbs/palms, and screen print/embroidery with your own logos and text. This is also true of all items that Topboxer produces. Have a look at the facebook and instagram pages already linked to browse through the creations other people have had made so far. There are also lots of photos in this thread.

Remember also that pieces of equipment can be made to your measurements. If you have longer fingers, let Topboxer know and he will adjust for that. If you want a glove that is more compact, one with a shorter cuff, something that's more of a puncher's glove or something more protective, more of a traditionally "Mexican style", a glove that's a traditional Thai boxing glove, etc etc it can all be seen to.

There's also traditional bag mitts for 95USD, with the same customization rules as the other times.

Striking Padding

As far as padding over the striking surface of the gloves, he has the following standard types and options:

1. IMF
a. Soft
b. Medium/Standard
c. Firm/Dense

2. Layered
a. 2-Layered "Grant style"
b. 3-Layered "Winning style"
c. 4-Layered "Ringside style"

3. Orthopedic. May cost extra.

Specific combinations of these paddings are also available, basically anything you can think up, and Topboxer provides guidance if you're unsure of what to get and what the differences are, too.

4. "Oldschool" Horse Hair gloves. They use horsehair with fibre filling but can be customised to be constructed in that same oldschool manner with a different padding over the striking surface other than horsehair. You can see a photo of gloves made in this manner here.

Props to destroyer4147 for help with this section.

Wrist Support

In terms of the padding along the palm-side of the cuff, he has two options as standard, shown along with the the different cuffs/closures available in the following diagram:

izwbJx.jpg

Glove reviews

Below are detailed just a few of the reviews found on the forum that look at Topboxer's custom gloves, from different reviewers. Although many of the following reviews describe gloves that are "Beaulieu", they were all made by Topboxer. Again I would encourage everyone to buy straight from the manufacturer himself, rather than going through the Beaulieu middle man.

Reviews of the "Winning style" custom and stock option gloves were already given in that section.
Reviewer: shihtzu.
16oz Drum Dyed Leather, Orthopedic, Single strap Hook&loop.
Reviewer: destroyer4147.
16oz Metallic Leather, IMF, Triple Cuff Lace-up.
Reviewer: Stratocastr.
16oz Metallic Leather, IMF (Dense), Single strap Hook&loop.
Reviewer: goldenboy.
16oz Metallic Leather, IMF (Medium), Triple Cuff Lace-up.
Reviewer: Blair Dennet.
16oz Metallic Leather, IMF (Soft), Triple Cuff Lace-up, Cotton palm-side.
Reviewer: goldenboy.
12oz Metallic and Croc Leather, Orthopedic, Single Cuff Lace-up
More Info: Protection

Topboxer offers all the different headguard types and variations of groin and no foul protectors that you can imagine. Here's some pics:

9ID5xP.jpg

Aside from the regular colours/screen print/logo customisation options detailed in the boxing gloves section, and the obligatory customisation you will want for your specific head circumference, he has a few other regular options too:

1. Cheek protector size
2. Fully padded ears vs. regular
3. Ear strap piece vs. no ear strap piece
4. Coolmax lining vs. suede
5. Lace-up vs. velcro top and back closures
6. Velcro chin strap vs. buckle chin strap

We sherdoggers have only received reviews for the facesaver so far (to my knowledge), which you can read here and here.

More Info: Boxing Boots

Pretty much any variation is available that you can think of, high tops, mid tops, low tops, mesh, leather, different soles, different materials for the lining if you want etc. It's really best to contact him here as my own knowledge on the boots is not so vast.

OFwwjt.jpg
More Info: Coaching Equipment

Stock option: Mach Series 1 Micro Mitts

24vdaZ.jpg

These are top notch micro-mitts, based on the custom mitts produced by Winning and used by Freddie Roach. They are sold through the ebay page linked earlier too.

Custom Options:

Air Mitts, Striking Pads and "Mamba" Curved Pads . A picture of the "Mamba" pads is labeled below with a green star.
Thai pads.
Punch Shield.
Coach's Body Protector.

pWGhhg.jpg

Extra customization beyond the norm set of regular leathers and colours and hand size, as with everything else, costs extra. Top coaches use his gear, especially the micro mitts which seem extremely popular.
More Info: TMA or MMA specific equipment

I am not an expert on MMA equipment, seeing as I only box, but Topboxer is able to produce whatever equipment you would like following the same stipulations as before, e.g. size and colour etc comes free with the cost but extra special leathers, embroidery or screen printing costs more.

TRJX3x.jpg

Last edited:
I just put up a review of my 12 oz ortho foam customs.

Hey@Topboxer11 just wanted to say I read through this entire thread and the gloves you have made are by far the nicest looking gloves I have ever seen.

hi Delta ,
thank you very much for your appreciation for my work.

ho Folks ,
here are some new gloves for Beast boy.
IMG_0961_zps1btemgay.jpg

hope you guys like these.
thanks

I just put up a review of my 12 oz ortho foam customs.

thank you very much Ironwolf , i just read it and thank you for taking time out and write about my work.
i am glad to have crafted some gear for you.
thanks

I've got 3 hours in with these already, expect a full review in a few weeks. So far a 10/10! Great job @topboxer11!

ahh so you are on sherdog as well , i did,nt know
thank you very much for your kind words about my work
i will look forward to it.
thanks

ho Folks ,
here are some new gloves for Beast boy.
IMG_0961_zps1btemgay.jpg

hope you guys like these.
thanks

The amazing craftsmanship of your work never bores me haha.

Out of the many pairs of gloves that I own, it may be safe to conclude that the gloves you made for me are the most comfortable. Almost a month of using them daily on the bag and no issues at all!

By the way, I sent you 2 different e-mails, were you able to get to them?

Thanks again
- deh707

Bulk orders

Bulk orders obviously come with discounts depending on what items and how many are ordered. Here are just a few examples of some bulk orders:

AeW5D5.jpg

The bottom left, and bottom right examples are ones that I had made from Topboxer.

Factory Photos

nGDi3i.jpg

Last edited:
hi folks
here are some gloves for a customer in Canada
apologies for some delay in posting my work here
will try to be more regular here.
IMG_0182_zpscraunb9q.jpg

thanks

hi folks
just made a batch of shoyorol cut , 550 gsm pearl weave BJJ gi,s for a club ,

20150923_172311_zpskg9nnnsa.jpg

20150923_172318_zpslza83xiz.jpg

and here is the guy wearing these in his club...
jiu%20jitsu%20denis_zpsqwdmke6a.jpg

thought i should share these with you.
hope you guys like them as well.
thanks

The amazing craftsmanship of your work never bores me haha.

Out of the many pairs of gloves that I own, it may be safe to conclude that the gloves you made for me are the most comfortable. Almost a month of using them daily on the bag and no issues at all!

By the way, I sent you 2 different e-mails, were you able to get to them?

Thanks again
- deh707

hi , thank you very much i try my best to make some unique stuff to keep you guys amused.

well thats a very big compliment you gave me and i am humbled and thankful for that.
yes i have received your emails and will be responding to them soon.
thanks again

Here's a quick "best of" the previous Topboxer megathread found here.

5jGOgP.jpg

my customers are the best in the world , they are helping and kind and they take some great images that actually makes every minute spent on the construction of the gloves worthwhile.
this image taken by a customer with a thumbs up has made my day!!!thank you for liking the humble work i am doing in my small place.
i am a very small person ,with a very small place and limited resources yet this kind of encouragement makes me do even better for you guys.
thanks a lot every one

Quote from the customer on the above gloves:

Here are my 16oz custom IMF gloves from Topboxer, which arrived last week. I went for a classic/low-key colour scheme, and I am delighted with them. The padding is just right for the bag. They have just the right amount of feedback with the punches, and good protection. Needless to say, they fit perfectly. The lining is great. Silky smooth and no loose folds at the fingertips. (I did however snag a few threads with the velcro of my wraps. I just need to be more careful in the future). The 4 inch straps pull around nicely, providing great wrist support and tighten round my skinny wrists just right. After my recent disappointment with Everlast Protex3’s, I’ve now ordered a pair of Topboxer’s maroon Winning style with velcro closure. I intend to use them for sparring. If they are as good as these, I will be a happy boxer. Thanks Topboxer11!

The gloves the following customer "doroteo" describes can be seen here.

p4P42I.png

this is something i received yesterday , it made my weekend the best ever , i have never been so happy about my life or work...
thank you all for your appreciation of my work and help in improving everyday.
i am blessed!!!

See more photos of these micro mitts here

one thing i thank God for is the strength He always blesses me with to make new or required stuff for people...
i never get bored doing so ,experimenting ,testing...making stuff for people to that make them happy...
2uYWVc.jpg

lpNmEc.jpg

i can feel the hapiness on the faces of people who,d open their parcel for the first time and see their desired item being made exactly as they wanted it to be...
here is something like that ...guy was perhaps friends with fredie roach , he might have asked freddie HEY FREDDIE CAN I HAVE YOU MITTS FOR A MONTH...fredie might have said NO MATE NO POSSIBLE...(just assuming in my head)
then the guy (in fact guy,s wife who happens to be very kind lady who sent 149 euros instead of 149 dollars which is more money that i made up to her later on by sending her a gift for her personal use) asked me to make something like that for him...
so here is something i made for him , he is quite happy...
i dont know what you guys would think but its just little story i thought i,d share.
God bless us all. all the members of forum are just so cool that i can,t stop myself from coming back here again and again to look at the posts...
thanks all have a nice day

Pictures don't do them justice at all. My camera can't even catch the true color of the metallic red. It's truly amazing and genuine.

The orthopedic 12oz are supposed to be the most protective 12oz gloves I've yet to have use according to Muhammad. I believe him, the padding is hard to describe, picture something like 15-20% harder than winnings.

The Green 16oz are really heavy on the hand and super tight. I can't imagine wearing these with my wraps right now. I chose the punchers glove type padding. Now the padding honestly feels like something off an everlast glove. I really wouldn't want to be hit by these. BUT I could assure you it is of very high quality.

My gloves with the Bill logo are far more slimmer for some reason. I really liked that aspect of the glove.

Once putting my hand inside the glove, you feel like you can count on these. Extreme comfort and the lining is just gracefully soft. Couldn't ask for much more.

Just very small things here and there I will mention in a review once I get some rounds under them.

351z9tt.jpg

8tq7sb.png

this kind of appreciation is what makes me the happiest...i love my customers...

Last edited:
many people are stealing my images and presenting them to others specialy on alibaba as their work so i thought i should write something on my work...do you guys think its a good idea or should i leave them plain without any text?

Damn, you know how to make gi also?! What can't you make?! LOL!

These are my TopBoxer Signature series gloves that will be shipped to me soon. I really love the look of them, Muhammad exceeded my expectations and his customer service is without equal. I'm excited to try these gloves out, thank you Muhammad!!!

what would you (or anyone who know about gloves) reccomend for padding on a sparring glove thats protective for both my hands and my sparring partner?

many people are stealing my images and presenting them to others specialy on alibaba as their work so i thought i should write something on my work...do you guys think its a good idea or should i leave them plain without any text?
You should make it more discrete, maybe in the corner of the image. A little "TB" or something similar. Words right in the center kind of obstruct the image of your work.

These are my TopBoxer Signature series gloves that will be shipped to me soon. I really love the look of them, Muhammad exceeded my expectations and his customer service is without equal. I'm excited to try these gloves out, thank you Muhammad!!!

thank you
you will have them soon , you are welcome
i am very very hopeful these will be the very best gloves you have ever owned.

My gloves should be finished soon. I was expecting pictures sooner but the dude is probably busy. I'll wait a bit longer before asking again.

Really nice color combo. Love it.

what would you (or anyone who know about gloves) reccomend for padding on a sparring glove thats protective for both my hands and my sparring partner?

The padding in the stock Winning-style gloves is very protective and forgiving for both you and your sparring partner. Softer IMF will do that job as well.

hi folks
just made a batch of shoyorol cut , 550 gsm pearl weave BJJ gi,s for a club ,

20150923_172311_zpskg9nnnsa.jpg

20150923_172318_zpslza83xiz.jpg

and here is the guy wearing these in his club...
jiu%20jitsu%20denis_zpsqwdmke6a.jpg

thought i should share these with you.
hope you guys like them as well.
thanks

Oh wow... That's excellent!!! I hit 300 rounds on my orthos today and they are still going strong. My favorite gloves.

thank you
you will have them soon , you are welcome
i am very very hopeful these will be the very best gloves you have ever owned.

Those are SUPER Nice bro!!! Good work as always!

You should make it more discrete, maybe in the corner of the image. A little "TB" or something similar. Words right in the center kind of obstruct the image of your work.

yes you are right i agree that it obstruct the image,s beauty , but the problem is that those bloody thieves crop the image out as i have seen that happening all the time.
those thieves have also trapped many customers using my images but when they dont deliver the goods as shown...and some scams even dont deliver at all...lol

then we the genuine pakistani guys who make quality gear get bad name.

so be aware guys before working with an unknown company and try to find out about their past customers and their reputation and most importantly their knowledge about the gear and gear manufacturing.

Hi

Very nice work. How much for a winning style groin guard shipped to the uk?

Really nice color combo. Love it.

Thanks KickassSeabass; red and blue are my favorite colors and I've seen a similar color scheme used on grants but with metallic red, blue and white. I wanted to do something slightly different so I went with metallic red, blue and gold instead and I'm really happy.

Damn, you know how to make gi also?! What can't you make?! LOL!

yes i make these things almost all of them , you name it and i make it , even if i have not made something yet i will make it,
currently along with bjj gi,s and other uniforms i am making full range of shorts , rashgaurds , hoddies , shoes ,boxing trunks and tops and many many other things ,
but most of the people know me for my custom made gloves which i am very happy to be known for...
for other things i am more famous among the re sellers...lol ...since i make these stuff with their names on it.
thanks

Thanks for the new thread!

Definatley feel like ordering some i jut cant decide on the colorway yet

for sure put your name in the middle with a sizeable font

if you put it at the edge, like you've said, it's super easy for anyone to crop out or edit out

Thanks KickassSeabass; red and blue are my favorite colors and I've seen a similar color scheme used on grants but with metallic red, blue and white. I wanted to do something slightly different so I went with metallic red, blue and gold instead and I'm really happy.

you will be even more happy to get your parcel.
thanks

The next order I'm making will be for some MMA gloves, a fight style glove and a Shooto style glove.

flashback , some bag mitts made couple of years ago i guess.
IMG_2017%20Copy_zpsyxan57ip.jpg

This man is the reason why I just can't justify buying Winning gloves. Muhammad makes superb gear. Cooking up a review on his gloves for the weekend maybe.

So I went through all 76 pages and I want a pair so damn bad now. Can't wait to get some money together, top boxer you do amazing work keep it up.

Oh wow... That's excellent!!! I hit 300 rounds on my orthos today and they are still going strong. My favorite gloves.

thank you very much , i am very glad that i made you happy with my work ,
the real hapines for me is when reputed and frequent posters like you ,gus ,strat , jaime ,blair and many more respected guys say good stuf about my work.
for those who dont remember iron,s gloves her eis an image
IMG_7728_zpswjqqddth.jpg

thanks

So I went through all 76 pages and I want a pair so damn bad now. Can't wait to get some money together, top boxer you do amazing work keep it up.

thank you very much Danny vip , 76 is lot of reading.
will look forward to your order.
thanks again

yes i make these things almost all of them , you name it and i make it , even if i have not made something yet i will make it,
currently along with bjj gi,s and other uniforms i am making full range of shorts , rashgaurds , hoddies , shoes ,boxing trunks and tops and many many other things ,
but most of the people know me for my custom made gloves which i am very happy to be known for...
for other things i am more famous among the re sellers...lol ...since i make these stuff with their names on it.
thanks

Wow! You are one master craftsman! Where did you learn all these skills?! That's so impressive!

Shoyoroll folks obviously don't like you if you can make gis just as good as theirs but not the outrageous expensive price they have. LOL!

for sure put your name in the middle with a sizeable font

if you put it at the edge, like you've said, it's super easy for anyone to crop out or edit out

yes you are right ,
i have seen many people cropping out the email i right on it , some are so frustrated that they photo shop it and remove my email even from the center...lol

Man I can't wait to receive my gloves ! 5 weeks is not that long, but it feels like time is going backward lol.

Big props for breaking everything down, Mino.

Knowing what to specify can shorten the process.

Just salivating with everybody's responses about Muhammad's gloves, service and attention to detail.

ho folks
here is a bulk order of gloves for a very nice lady customer in australia.
she has been very helping and easy to work with through out the design process of her line of gloves.
IMG_0176_zps8alt3p5d.jpg

IMG_0178_zpskdx5lhir.jpg

Wow! You are one master craftsman! Where did you learn all these skills?! That's so impressive!

Shoyoroll folks obviously don't like you if you can make gis just as good as theirs but not the outrageous expensive price they have. LOL!

well , if you have right machines material and passion for it you can make create anything you want , and you should be crazy enough to waste lot of money on prototypes and experimenting , and trust me that before i finalize a product and think it fits well for everyone its at least several times i make it prototype , sometimes i send those to experienced guys , pro fighters etc so they can take out any potential glitch in that product.
and the circle of R&D goes and goes on.
lol , hoyorol is not only cut i have i have many many other cuts ,

This man is the reason why I just can't justify buying Winning gloves. Muhammad makes superb gear. Cooking up a review on his gloves for the weekend maybe.

Still waiting for that 12oz ortho review !!

hi guys some flags on the gear , made for a Scottish customer , great chap.
IMG_0207_zpskczvtrud.jpg

IMG_0206_zpsgrfvcwof.jpg

IMG_0205_zpsqdhiu2q9.jpg

Man I can't wait to receive my gloves ! 5 weeks is not that long, but it feels like time is going backward lol.

ohh your winnings inspired gloves(hybrid with features of both win and sig series) ,
they are ready ,
will ship them in the morning , its 1 am here so i will send you the images first thing in the morning.
thanks

ohh your winnings inspired gloves ,
they are ready ,
will ship them in the morning , its 1 am here so i will send you the images first thing in the morning.
thanks

Greetings Muhhamad.

Any update on my order? [Winning inspired, 16oz. all white, orthopedic, wide and thick velcro, softer outer layer]

Thanks
Mr. Henry

Great thread Minowafanatic, I enjoyed reading through it.

It will make life simple for anybody new to the forums who are considering customs.

Great choice on the colours for the headgear, looks familiar

thank you very much , i have made many other headgears before with split colors.
this guy have got his complete spparing gear made.
i will post some more images.

ohh your winnings inspired gloves ,
they are ready ,
thanks

It was the wine red leather signature series gloves in 16oz.

here are his gloves , i must say the guy had great taste of choosing colors.
IMG_0225_zpskpo09uoa.jpg

IMG_0223_zpsbuhzs8mi.jpg

hope you guys like these as well,
thanks

Greetings Muhhamad.

Any update on my order? [Winning inspired, 16oz. all white, orthopedic, wide and thick velcro, softer outer layer]

Thanks
Mr. Henry

Hope our orders did not get mixed up lol... Yours seems pretty nice tho....would not mind ;)

Back