Resident Evil 2 Remake/General

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE1 and RE2 were classics, RE3 was still really good but that's when it started to veer into more action than horror, RE0 was great, RE:CV was great and extra long, RE4 was really fun & different, RE5 was too actiony and almost no horror but I still played it. Not too familiar with the rest.

I also think Silent Hill 1 & 2 are up there with RE1 & RE2. Silent Hill 3 is still good, but the rest of them are kind of shitshows.

I miss the atmosphere building sense of those early games, the closest I have seen to it since then has been in the games Heavy Rain & The Last of Us.

Wish RE & SH would go back to the scary slow build format, instead of relying on mutated monsters everywhere.

I know a lot of comparisons can be made but I've always felt Resident Evil and Silent Hill are two very different games.

I like the idea but RE 2 is so fucking short. Taking your time, it only takes about 6-8 hours to finish. People who remember the levels will finish in under 5 hours.

I like the idea but RE 2 is so fucking short. Taking your time, it only takes about 6-8 hours to finish. People who remember the levels will finish in under 5 hours.

True, but there will probably be a number of differences like RE1>Remake to keep even veteran players on their toes. Hopefully we get some new features, along with The Fourth Survivor mode for added replay value.

It's pretty common to beat the REmaster in under three hours. What's your point?

Shit, it's pretty easy to beat it in well under 2 hours (and that includes saving both Barry and Chris).

Not every game needs to be super long. If you can capture the experience you're looking for in 5 hours than so be it.

Honestly, it doesn't look much better than RE:0 on the Dolphin Emulator (Gamecube). I'm sure it will play better with with widescreen support and 60fps but still.

Here is a screenshot I took 3 years ago using the emulator:

Dolphin2012-10-1522-42-02-58.jpg

Here is the other one:

Dolphin2012-10-1522-43-25-57.jpg

*I'm tempted to give the emulated game another try at 4K to see how well Dolphin performs at that res. I just purchased a 4K monitor 3 weeks ago so I haven't messed with emulators yet. Hopefully these remakes support it because RE: Remaster doesn't properly support resolutions above 1080p which is whack.

So in case you haven't heard, they're making another multiplayer game in the vein of ORC.

2937522-download+%281%29.png

This is one of Capcom's "budget titles", so there's no single-player mode and will only cost $30.00. The game takes place in the aftermath of RE6. I for one am not particularly excited about it (hence why it took me awhile to post)but hey, if you enjoyed Operation Raccoon City, you'll have this and the upcoming RE: Origins collection to keep you busy until the RE2 remake or RE7 comes out.

From the producers:

"Umbrella Corps is set in the present day of Resident Evil, which means it’s after the events of Resident Evil 6,” Kawata said. “It’s almost in an ironic way that we’re using the title Umbrella Corps. If you know your Resident Evil lore, Umbrella no longer exists at this time in the universe; it’s been destroyed. There’s definitely a kind of a background of the Resident Evil universe that forms the basis of the game’s premise.”

Instead, Vance notes, Umbrella Corps places its narrative focus on corporate mercenary factions that scour Umbrella’s ruins for lingering biotechnology experiments and research materials.

“The mercenaries are hired by these corporations […] to go into these areas where some kind of biological terror incident may have occurred to try to extract something with value,” Vance stated. “In that regard, these areas will tie into the Resident Evil universe quite strongly, and there’s many things that you’ll see there, that we can’t reveal at this time, that have strong Resident Evil hooks.”

[YT]tHHwulLoorM[/YT]

There's also a live-action trailer, but it's so awful I won't even bother posting it lol.

So, once again I've decided to throw together an update for those interested.

First, they recently revealed two more unlockable outfits for Rebecca in the upcoming HD remaster of RE0.

The first one, is the red S.T.A.R.S. uniform from RE1: Director's Cut.

2hyyo05.jpg

latest

The second, will look very familiar to fans of RE2.

28su6fq.jpg

rebbasketball.jpg

Here are the two latest Developer Diaries, where they delve into the RE0's origins on the N64, as well as some some early conceptual artwork.

[YT]x86cW1W5G-4[/YT]
[YT]pIIKyJmqI6I[/YT]

Also, apparently there's another CGI RE film in the works, due for release in 2017. The cast will include Chris, Leon and...wait for it...Rebecca.

So there ya have it. See ya in a few months.

I just found out about the fan remake of Survivor called Behind the Mask.

I just found out about the fan remake of Survivor called Behind the Mask.

Yea Gemini and SB have been working on it for quite awhile. There's suppose to be a demo soon, I still need to pick up one of those $20 modded PS1's on ebay so I can play it lol.

I'm most excited for 1.5 myself. Been waiting so damn long to play it, and the beta release was fun. It's just awesome knowing there's an (almost) entire old school RE game out there, that you've never played before.

I really hope so. With how they handled the REmake, I think this will turn out pretty awesome when it finally gets released.

If they use the same format: upgraded graphics as the same as the first remake, stick to fixed camera angles, add some extra new puzzles and places to go etc etc it should end up being a classic and maybe the best game of 2018. I'm happy it's taken this long to remake as it shows they're putting all their effort into it just as they did with the original remake.

I'll just be happy with some footage. This game completely flew off my radar.

Breaks my heart this is most likely not happening or some shit ffs.

Kinda ironic this thread is bumped right after I finished playing Resident Evil 4 on PC.

BTW guys, it may be the best version of the game, ever. That saying something.

As for the supposed RE2 remake, they sure are taking their sweet time with it - as if it was the FF7 remake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back