Akins Hidden JiuJitsu

fittycentguard

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Are his seminars really mind blowing? Been watching some videos on youtube and looks like good stuff.

Never been to a seminar of his, but yeah, even for advanced guys some of his real basic little things make a HUGE difference.

I would find out what he is doing at his seminar. I attended one of his and it was very disappointing. We did literally a drill where we walked into each others space and then spent a good 30-45 mins pumeling our hands and then another figuring out that if your feet are staggered and wide you have better base. The last 20 mins of the seminar he showed a neat kimura/americana defense but definately it was not worth the money or my time. I hear his side control and mount stuff is awesome but this was really disappointing. Had lunch with him after and he is a VERY nice guy.

they call it hidden/invisible jiu jitsu because you never see him or his students winning competitions with it! boom

Henry is the best jiu jitsu instructor I've ever met, no exaggeration. I was immediately able to incorporate details into my game from his lessons.

He doesn't really shows 'techniques', but instead he focuses more on concepts and simple ways to make basic movements more efficient.

The stuff he has on youtube seems inferior to what Caio/Mendes brothers are showing.

He's more of a fine tune your basics instructor than a super innovative game guy.

The stuff he has on youtube seems inferior to what Caio/Mendes brothers are showing.

I feel like a lot of this "invisible jiujitsu" stuff is things that competitors like Caio or the Mendes figure out instinctively, just through the sheer number of hours they spend training. Might be useful to learn more explicitly for the rest of us, though.

I feel like a lot of this "invisible jiujitsu" stuff is things that competitors like Caio or the Mendes figure out instinctively, just through the sheer number of hours they spend training. Might be useful to learn more explicitly for the rest of us, though.

Braulio Estima/Caio Terra/Mendes bros teach loads of "invisible jiujitsu" style details too. IMHO the way they they do even the classic techniques is just superior as jiu jitsu has evolved over time.

they call it hidden/invisible jiu jitsu because you never see him or his students winning competitions with it! boom

He's Kron's main teacher. That's a better student than most people have ever produced. Everyone thinks Kron was taught be his dad, totally false. Rickson didn't pay much attention to him for years, Akins taught him most of the BJJ he knows.

Braulio Estima/Caio Terra/Mendes bros teach loads of "invisible jiujitsu" style details too. IMHO the way they they do even the classic techniques is just superior as jiu jitsu has evolved over time.

Yeah, any seminar with really high level guys you'll learn small details that make stuff work. Every seminar I've been to with world champs the level of detail was extremely high. I thought I knew how to go from side control to mount until I went to a Roger seminar and realized that I did not in fact know how to go from side control to mount, but now I do, and I literally have only failed to do so maybe 1-2 times in the 6 months since I started doing it the way he showed.

Yeah, any seminar with really high level guys you'll learn small details that make stuff work. Every seminar I've been to with world champs the level of detail was extremely high. I thought I knew how to go from side control to mount until I went to a Roger seminar and realized that I did not in fact know how to go from side control to mount, but now I do, and I literally have only failed to do so maybe 1-2 times in the 6 months since I started doing it the way he showed.
Care to share any details? :)

He's Kron's main teacher. That's a better student than most people have ever produced. Everyone thinks Kron was taught be his dad, totally false. Rickson didn't pay much attention to him for years, Akins taught him most of the BJJ he knows.

Kron cut-throat loop choke style bjj seems to be really different from the old school bjj Akins is teaching.

I really like what I see from his YouTube stuff.

Is that link above really his website? He needs to change that if so. it looks like total crap and it looks fake also. No offense to him but it looks like a scam website or something the way it is right now.

Care to share any details? :)

It's not very easy to describe, hence 'hidden'. Mostly stuff about how you push uke's legs one way or another to open up angles to clear his arm with your hips and step over, and how to use a kimura grip to beat common defenses.

Kron cut-throat loop choke style bjj seems to be really different from the old school bjj Akins is teaching.

Loop chokes are pretty old school.

Back