Akins Hidden JiuJitsu

Care to share any details? :)

It's not very easy to describe, hence 'hidden'. Mostly stuff about how you push uke's legs one way or another to open up angles to clear his arm with your hips and step over, and how to use a kimura grip to beat common defenses.

Not sure if this is what he taught Uchi Mata, but here is Roger teaching how to mount in really good detail.

I bought his closed guard module on his site. It's good. He has a lot of conceptual information about what you want to do from the position, and he talks a lot about common mistakes that even pretty good people make. His instruction is detailed and clear.

Is his instruction as good as, say, the Mendii or Caio? I think it depends on what you're looking for, what parts of a technique you might be struggling with, and your learning style. I think there is also a benefit to what he is peddling, ie, structured courses, versus a lesson of the day format like MB and Caio have available.

I really like what I see from his YouTube stuff.

Is that link above really his website? He needs to change that if so. it looks like total crap and it looks fake also. No offense to him but it looks like a scam website or something the way it is right now.
it is his website - and I agree he should slick it up a bit.

I bought his closed guard module on his site. It's good. He has a lot of conceptual information about what you want to do from the position, and he talks a lot about common mistakes that even pretty good people make. His instruction is detailed and clear.

Is his instruction as good as, say, the Mendii or Caio? I think it depends on what you're looking for, what parts of a technique you might be struggling with, and your learning style. I think there is also a benefit to what he is peddling, ie, structured courses, versus a lesson of the day format like MB and Caio have available.
I've been debating as to whether or not to buy his mount module.

Not sure if this is what he taught Uchi Mata, but here is Roger teaching how to mount in really good detail.

I was going to link that when I got home from class but you beat me it. I actually prefer staying in side control to finish, but if I want to mount for points or whatever, that reverse kesa position is pretty much the best way to do it.

I bought the closed guard one. It's very good but not the only place that shows "invisible jiujitsu". Braulio site shows more stuff and just much invisible jiujitsu from closed as does Caio's site. Henry Akins does show some different stuff than those two though. If you're into closed guard, Liera Jr has a nice cheap dvd as well.

Does anyone know if each section is $47 or do you pay $47 and have access to everything?

I'm not sure if that website design is worse than the LI shitfest style, but it's a strong contender to the throne.

Memes? Really?

I believe it's 47 per section. I have to say I would love to join up but that is expensive

I believe it's 47 per section. I have to say I would love to join up but that is expensive

That is what I was thinking. IMO, I would pay $100 for access to everything, but $47 for each section is a little much for fine tuning basics.

Broke down and bought the closed guard section. Good stuff! Some of the concepts can be found on his youtube, but there are some nuggets not found anywhere else.

I'll probably get the open guard module when it comes out, but, even if I like his stuff, I can't see me spending much more money.

I'll probably get the open guard module when it comes out, but, even if I like his stuff, I can't see me spending much more money.

yeah, at $50 a pop that is expensive, but I think it is worth getting one module; he adds bonus material and new videos to the module that you purchased (not sure how often)..

He's Kron's main teacher. That's a better student than most people have ever produced. Everyone thinks Kron was taught be his dad, totally false. Rickson didn't pay much attention to him for years, Akins taught him most of the BJJ he knows.

I've never heard of Kron giving Henry much credit for his BJJ. His BJJ looks totally different than what Henry teaches as well. I believe Kron had quite a few teachers and Henry might have been one of them. One thing I have noticed is that many sons of well known Gracies were relatively average in BJJ then went to Brazil for some time and came back way better.I know a few guys that knew Rener and Ryon and said they were really average for years.Went to Brazil for a bit and came back far better. The same with Clark.

In my observations the Rickson Gracie "Hidden BJJ" is a marketing tool. Pretty much every top BJJ guy or instructor that has taught for some time has small details that make big differences in technique. An example is Keenan's video on side control. One small hand placement has made a huge improvement in my side control. I've used a few minute details from Jason Scully that made huge improvements in techniques.I can say the same about Firas videos and Caio's videos. The difference is that these guys can't really ride on Rickson's accomplishments to market their technique. There is a local LCCT gym that came in claiming "Hidden BJJ" straight from Rickson. None of their students are winning and the instructors lost a few matches, then stopped competing. Although not 100% accurate,BJJ has a proving ground for how effective instruction is. Its called competitions and MMA fights.

In my observations the Rickson Gracie "Hidden BJJ" is a marketing tool. Pretty much every top BJJ guy or instructor that has taught for some time has small details that make big differences in technique. An example is Keenan's video on side control. One small hand placement has made a huge improvement in my side control. I've used a few minute details from Jason Scully that made huge improvements in techniques.I can say the same about Firas videos and Caio's videos. The difference is that these guys can't really ride on Rickson's accomplishments to market their technique. There is a local LCCT gym that came in claiming "Hidden BJJ" straight from Rickson. None of their students are winning and the instructors lost a few matches, then stopped competing. Although not 100% accurate,BJJ has a proving ground for how effective instruction is. Its called competitions and MMA fights.

Where at? Not too many LCCT schools.

Henry Akins stuff is worth every penny. Once you buy one section for $47, he will usually offer you another section for $35 or something like that immediately after. It's an extra discount for purchasing from him. And $47 isn't that much anyway. People pay that for 1 month of classes every month, and this material you get to keep forever and study anytime you like. It took my game to whole new levels and made old techniques I thought worked 20% of the time, to probably 90% of the time.

$47 isn't hard to come up with (skip eating out a couple of times), and one module will last you a long time if you spend the amount of time with it that you should. If you only buy a couple of modules a year, it will be less than $100 and is more than enough material to change your game.

its funny how people hate on fundamental coaches today if they dont do upside down berinbolos ect blue belts think they suck lol get those same people who shit on them and tell them to show you a elbow knee escape and youll see a million flaws

Back