THE PUNISHER Netflix Series (Season 2 Premiering Jan. 2019)

If you have seen THE PUNISHER season one, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: April 29, 2016

It's Official: Marvel's THE PUNISHER Series Ordered by Netflix

It’s official: The Punisher is getting his own TV series. EW has learned that Marvel has ordered a spin-off starring vigilante character introduced in Daredevil season 2.

Jon Bernthal will reprise his role as vengeful military veteran Frank Castle, who brings his own lethal form of justice to Hell’s Kitchen. Writer and executive producer Steve Lightfoot (Hanniba, Casualty) will serve as showrunner.

Marvel’s The Punisher marks the sixth series ordered (so far) as part of the collaboration between Netflix and Marvel Television, including the upcoming Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and the ensemble miniseries The Defenders – along with Jessica Jones and the aforementioned Daredevil.

And in case you’re wondering whether Bernthal’s character will also be added to The Defenders lineup, that’s not yet clear – though it seems likely he’ll at least pop in for an appearance.

Marvel's The Punisher Spin-off Ordered by Netflix with Steve Lightfoot as the Showrunner

Update: January 16, 2016

PUNISHER Spinoff Starring Jon Bernthal in Development at Netflix

2rrtrax.png

Netflix is this close to pulling the trigger on The Punisher, a new Marvel spinoff series centered on Jon Bernthal’s gun-toting Daredevil vigilante (aka Frank Castle), TVLine has learned exclusively.

Viewers will get their first look at Bernthal’s Punisher when Daredevil ‘s second season drops on Friday, March 18, but the early buzz on the Walking Dead alum’s performance is overwhelmingly positive.

“Viewers watching the show will be rooting for this guy with a gun but we’re also going to force people to second-guess themselves,” previewed exec producer Doug Petrie in a recent interview with EW.com. “Taking lethal justice into your own hands in America in 2015 is tricky s–t.”

For those keeping track at home, this would mark Netflix’s sixth Marvel series, following Daredevil, Jessica Jones, the upcoming Luke Cage, and the in-the-works Iron Fist and The Defenders.

Punisher Spinoff Starring Jon Bernthal in Development at Netflix

Last edited:
This is awesome news.

Now they need to confirm we're getting a Dredd series.

Does this mean they're going through with it for sure?

I thought it was in danger.
Iron Fist is definitely moving forward. The show recently got a showrunner.

Update: December 7, 2015

Marvel and Netflix's IRON FIST Has Found Its Showrunner

Netflix-Iron-Fist-101115-Dragonlord.jpg

Press Release: The Netflix Original Series Marvel’s Iron Fist has found its showrunner and Executive Producer in Scott Buck (Dexter, Six Feet Under)! Buck previously served as Executive Producer and showrunner of Dexter for the series’ final four years. He has also written for Six Feet Under and Rome, among other series.

“Scott came in with a take on Iron Fist that quite simply knocked us off our feet,” said Executive Producer/Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb. “We always look for the most creative minds in the field to help us bring our heroes to life, and with Scott we’ve found someone that can deliver yet another great series in the ongoing story of The Defenders.”

“I’ve always been drawn to writing complex, intriguing characters, and that’s what most excites me about the opportunity to bring Danny Rand and Iron Fist to life with Marvel on Netflix,” said Buck.

Returning to New York City after being missing for years, Daniel Rand fights against the criminal element corrupting New York City with his incredible kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist.

Marvel’s Iron Fist is the fourth series as part of an overall deal between Marvel Television and Netflix, which has already released the critically-acclaimed first seasons of Marvel’s Daredevil and Marvel’s Jessica Jones, with Marvel’s Luke Cage premiering in 2016. All four heroes will then unite in the mini-series event Marvel’s The Defenders.

[Comicbook.com and Heroic Hollywood were the first to report this prior to the announcement.]

Marvel Announces Scott Buck as Showrunner for Netflix Original Series 'Iron Fist'

I'd give this a shot, Bernthal seems perfect for the role.

Perfect. Punisher works better as a series. So many antagonists to kill.

Bernthal's Shane was the best character in Walking Dead. I can't think of many characters in any fictional medium that I was able to love and loathe at the same time like Shane.

He's going to be great as punisher. Very stoked for season 2 of Daredevil.

Really hope they draw inspiration from the Punisher Max line, that run with Garth Ennis is legendary. Though, I doubt Disney would have the balls to go that far. It had Hard-R-Ratings of violence and burtality.

I'd post pics of my favorite scenes from those comics, but that'd probably push some buttons.

Can't wait for this and the crossover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back