Funk Music.

HelloJapan

Talking loud and saying nothing.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any fans of da funk in this bitch? Post some of your favorites funk tunes!

tumblr_mmhzqsfacc1r2kc8wo1_500.jpg

Some of mine:

Last edited:

One of my faves!

I know this is Afrobeat but it does have some major elements of Funk in it. Fela Kuti is a legend and this is 12 minutes of pure grooving bliss

I know this is Afrobeat but it does have some major elements of Funk in it. Fela Kuti is a legend and this is 12 minutes of pure grooving bliss

Yeah that's great man. Killer groove.

Last edited:
This has to be one of the funkiest bass lines ever. RHCP actually did a cool cover of it.

Curtis to cleanse the palette

Some vis-a-vis to get you sweatin

& some funkadelic to get it poppin

This has to be one of the funkiest bass lines ever. RHCP actually did a cool cover of it.

The RHCP album that was on was produced by George Clinton.

This is my favorite:

De La Soul sampled this song, one of my favorite old school rap songs:

contemporary

[/QUOTE]

[yt]

[yt]

Last edited:
I'm not too big a fan of funk, but love me some James Brown. I like how all roads lead back to James Brown eventually.

The man had some of the best bands of all time. Straight up heavy hitters played with the Godfather of Soul.

His appearance on the TAMI show is my favorite live performance of all time, and his band on TAMI is in my top 2 bands of all time.

Here's Rick Ruben talking about the TAMI show performance:

I remember going to Minneapolis to visit Prince years ago, sitting in an office waiting for him — and there was an endless loop of James Brown’s performance in the 1964 concert film The T.A.M.I. Show running on a screen. That may be the single greatest rock & roll performance ever captured on film. You have the Rolling Stones on the same stage, all of the important rock acts of the day, doing their best — and James Brown comes out and destroys them. It’s unbelievable how much he outclasses everyone else in the film.

https://dkpresents.wordpress.com/2010/03/08/magic-moment-james-brown-on-the-t-a-m-i-show/

Back