Locked vBookie Rules and Guidelines - READ BEFORE PARTICIPATING *Season 4 Rules*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester

Don't rope swing over a dirty river
Platinum Member
Reaction score
vBookie Rules and Guidelines - READ BEFORE PARTICIPATING

These are the basic rules and guidelines created to follow. More may be added later. Not following these rules will result in having your event abandoned as well as infractions if necessary.

1. All general forum rules apply (No Flaming, Fighter Basbing, etc.)
  2. Sporting Events Only unless you receive Mod approval
  3. Events should be posted no more than 7 days in advance unless the event is deemed large enough to warrant it.
  4. All threads must be made with published odds which are linked in the OP, screen caps are even better
  5. All requests go in the requests sticky
  6. Since we can use odds from different sites it leads to the possibility of hedging of bets. If the odds lead to this being possible multiple bets must be turned off.
  7. Keep posts in the actual vBookie thread on topic to the event.
  8. Odds may not be edited once an event has accepted bets.
  9. If a thread goes awhile without being settled bump the thread with the final score and a link to a scoreboard. DO NOT act like a jerk or harass vBookies in PM's. They invest a ton of their own time in making these events and treating them poorly will not be tolerated. Continued harassment will result in Cards.
  10. You must set betting to end prior to the event starting when creating your event. Failure to do so will lead to abandonment of event.
  11. Do not delete your threads if bets have been accepted. The event must be abandoned and then the thread can be deleted. PM a mod if help is needed.
  12. Betting on payment threads. Sometimes payment threads need to be made for events that are incorrectly settled, or to pay out Tapology events. In this scenario where you are to be refunded, all you have to do is enter the thread and bet $1 on your name. If your name isn't listed, don't bet. Betting on these threads when your name isn't listed will result in an Infraction.
  13. Regarding Parlays, if a real bookie wouldn't accept it, neither will we. Parlays with two lines from the same match are not allowed. (ex: Penguins + Penguins Over 3.5 Goals)

Also, be sure to read over the vBookie how to guide before making a vBookie event.

General Info

These are just some tidbits of information and some frequently asked questions.

1. The game is over, I don't have my money yet, why not? Either the person who started the thread or a Mod with the proper permissions must settle the threads. Give it some time, if a decent amount of time has passed and there is still no sign of anyone, bump the thread with the score and a link. Someone will settle it when they see it. HARASSING BOOKIES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. period.

2. I want to bet on this game but I do not see it anywhere. Where is it? The easiest way I have found is from the vBookie forum click on "Search this forum" and type the name of one of the competitors in the event. Another option is click on the vBookie tab on the red bar and the events will be sorted chronologically. If you still do not see anything ask about the event in the Discussion/Request thread that is stickied in the forum.

3. What is this vWelfare that everyone keeps talking about? vWelfare is the systems way of making sure you are never truly broke and can not play. Everytime you are at 0 dollars and a new thread is made in the vBookie forum you are brought up to 50 dollars.

4. Something I bet on was settled incorrectly, I need that money, what do I do? We understand that sometimes someone clicks on the wrong option, it happens. Chances are it will not go unnoticed and once the person that settled the thread knows about it they will let a Mod know about it and a payout thread will be made. Payout threads can only be made by Mods with vBookie permissions from this point forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back