The Sherdog Counter-Strike players club

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude, they need to improve this
i want some MXC kenny blankenship type commentating and some hot sloot doing player interviews

I'm not too interested in the actual content of the show, but I want to see how the show is made to appeal to casual viewers since TBS is a big TV network.

I'm not too interested in the actual content of the show, but I want to see how the show is made to appeal to casual viewers since TBS is a big TV network.

Hmm, ELeague created some educational type videos of the game with Anders&Semmlers explaining some thing in further detail that they wouldnt during their play by play.

Overall id say they arent overtly trying to appeal to newcomers or casuals. Its more of a test bed to see if the Twitch success of CSGO tournaments/leagues can also be profitable on TV.

Last edited:
LG played loose enough on the first two maps to make it an entertaining best of three. Cloud9 did finally show improvement though. Which was quite surprising overall.

Overnight ratings wasnt good : (

Yea, it would have been a much worse viewing experience if they cruched C9 like the first round, or, pretty much ANY round (such as the third).

Cloud9 being on point looked Very good, but it required them all firing. Beating duels against LG looked goddamn impossible the whole week. It looked like LG was a smurf T1 EU team in a T3 pug against most of the other matches.

Hopefully the ratings improve, though I'm curious about the demographics of sports fans vs gamer fans. Definitely, game watchers are getting older, which is probably part of the spike. Us 30's+ actually have $ now, etc. and its a huge marketable market (kind of how the UFC's demo is highly desired in marketing channels). But, I never even liked watching competitive CS until I started playing it last year.

Still fun shit.

Hmm, ELeague created some educational type videos of the game with Anders&Semmlers explaining some thing in further detail that they wouldnt during their play by play.

Overall id say they arent overtly trying to appeal to newcomers or casuals. Its more of a test bed to see if the Twitch success of CSGO tournaments/leagues can also be profitable on TV.

Anders and Semmler did pretty well just quickly explaining terms, or phrases, but continuing their "standard" form of calling.

Would anyone be interested in having a sherdog tournament? Now there would be obvious ping issues playing cross-atlantic but maybe we can coupe.

I suggest we make teams after any of these categories:

Conor nuthuggerZ vs McGregor Hate Club

Jones fans vs Cormier fans
Dominator fans vs Faber fans

Would anyone be interested in having a sherdog tournament? Now there would be obvious ping issues playing cross-atlantic but maybe we can coupe.

I suggest we make teams after any of these categories:

Conor nuthuggerZ vs McGregor Hate Club

Jones fans vs Cormier fans
Dominator fans vs Faber fans
I am og so it would be Titio fans vs Shamrock Fans.
in cs 1.6

0d2479862098d74ac10356b307a33fd7.gif

c23006fbc31a0cd863fa28f07bd7eb36.gif

New Skyboxs for my new cs maps

The NiP vs G2 game on Friday apparently pulled in better viewer numbers than the previous week Cloud9 vs LG game. Which is quite surprising.

Almost as surprising at how badly NiP bodied (ehhh, lol) G2.

Worked today, so i got to watch some of the qualifiers for the major afterwards. Shox went god mode against Cloud9.

Code:
https://clips.twitch.tv/esl_csgo/AlertWolfOMGScoots

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back