When your personal trainer uses steroids

Like any medication, its dangerous if you are getting it from this guy.

5390389be535cb7ff5068078cb4ef6730fd0f3e240c03892c162fe035ee6b5d3.jpg

What is peoples' hard on over gear? Does it really affect you? Are you really that pissed that these people take supps? I mean, if you lost to someone on gear who competes in a tested fed, get it, but really? Has that every happened to you?

High-efficiency-steel-core-air-pump-21161339236.jpg

thread is blowing up!

Am I missing something here?

simply complain and get your money back for the remaining sessions... clearly time to move on

High-efficiency-steel-core-air-pump-21161339236.jpg

thread is blowing up!

Am I missing something here?

simply complain and get your money back for the remaining sessions... clearly time to move on

Complain about what?
She's given no reason for ditching him other than what he decides to do in his personal time.

tell him to quit the juice and eat more oranges.

TS is a whiney bitch.

brah 265 is the natty cutoff
Does this include the spring collars? They're 1.25lbs each, it might throw the natty number off

What if the number is off because some company decides to use different materials but still lists it as a standard 45lb plate? Its a fact that NJ plates are heavier than plates everywhere else

What if the earth gravitational pull is a little stronger in the free weight area?

go watch bigger stronger faster and go educate yourself its on Netflix
Great movie, most ppl don't know shit about the JUICE. probably better off taking that then 99% of the supplements they get from GMC that aren't FDA approved

Great movie, most ppl don't know shit about the JUICE. probably better off taking that then 99% of the supplements they get from GMC that aren't FDA approved
literally the real stuff is so much safer then the gnc bs

its more frustrating when i come in hear and see dumbass make false claims and bring no factual evidence.

literally the real stuff is so much safer then the gnc bs

its more frustrating when i come in hear and see dumbass make false claims and bring no factual evidence.
Yea, it really sucks that people don't educate themselves and just spew bullshit they hear in the media. That is a great documentary that takes an unbiased approach and you'll see that if done right it isn't that dangerous. People will bring up wrestlers and such, but these are guys on the road constantly that don't have the time to get the proper blood work done and are constantly on cycle without ever taking any time off, basically roid abuse.

Yea, it really sucks that people don't educate themselves and just spew bullshit they hear in the media. That is a great documentary that takes an unbiased approach and you'll see that if done right it isn't that dangerous. People will bring up wrestlers and such, but these are guys on the road constantly that don't have the time to get the proper blood work done and are constantly on cycle without ever taking any time off, basically roid abuse.
not to mention if you watched the most recent documentary from chris bell "prescription thugs" most wrestlers are abusing oxycontin and all those drugs alike.

a majority of people fuck up there off cycle, as well as starting way to young

not to mention if you watched the most recent documentary from chris bell "prescription thugs" most wrestlers are abusing oxycontin and all those drugs alike.

a majority of people fuck up there off cycle, as well as starting way to young
Cocaine is a big factor as well.

Well I'll never obtain anything close to their physique then. It's a bit fraudulent, no?
Actually, I find this to be a pretty good topic of discussion.

I am a PT (I've gradually made the transition to S&C coach, but I'll still accept a PT client if I have the time to fit them into my schedule). I have a good physique. My "athletic abilities", though very average, seem impressive to the average never-trained-seriously person. I've never used drugs. I don't actively use my physique as a self-promotion tool but I'm sure some people may take it into consideration when asking me to train them. I can see how, if they later found out I used drugs, they might feel cheated in some way. On the other hand, if I were to decide to start taking drugs today, that wouldn't make me a worse coach.

The thing with the physique of a trainer is this:
1. If a trainer looks like shit then they probably don't know their shit.
Exceptions could be older coaches who had been athletes in their youth, but if they're any good they'd have proof of that (i.e. their personal competitive record or a good track record of producing successful athletes).
2. If a trainer looks awesome then that doesn't necessarily indicate they know their shit.
One reason for this can be drugs: an incompetent trainer may look good not because of their training expertise but because they take drugs. Another reason can be good genetics: an incompetent trainer who happens to be particularly genetically gifted will look good no matter how shitty their training is. A third reason could be that they've been into sports their entire life: a trainer has been doing sports non-stop since they were 5 will is likely to look good but that doesn't necessarily mean they know the first thing about training a PT client.

Either way, whether or not a trainer takes drugs has no bearing on whether they are a good or a bad trainer. @btwrestler119 offered some good advice on how to spot a good PT.

I guess not but I don't get why you'd pursue a career helping people improve health and fitness but be on them, they're so bad for you.
This a big discussion. Drugs are a taboo in our society and people are widely misinformed about them. Most people (who don't know the first thing about what steroids are or how they work) instantly think "steroids = evil", because that's what they've been repeatedly taught. On the same token, most people used to think "marijuana = evil" (and many still do)... but that is not entirely true, is it? Marijuana has been demonized for decades, with a ton of unsubstantiated and/or objectively false information.

Steroids are drugs. They can have some side effects, like all other drugs and like many other things in life. Smoking, eating bacon, eating sugar, drinking wine, getting a lot of sun exposure (due to a profession or due a hobby), not exercising, not getting enough sleep... these can all have side-effects. Also, abusing steroids is likely to have serious side-effects, while taking low amounts once in a while is likely to have mild side-effects (same goes with pretty much everything else in life). Finally, since it's something you do to yourself and does not directly affect others, using steroids is a private matter, much like smoking weed within the confines of your own property. The fact that steroid use is considered a crime in many countries is just as unreasonable as any number of other victimless "crimes" that directly infringe on personal liberties without reasonable justification (homosexuality is still a crime punishable by law in more than 70 countries, ffs).

But most people aren't aware of the above. Most people have been conditioned to instantly think "steroids = bad". To be honest, this is one of the reasons why I haven't used any drugs so far: I get asked if I use drugs pretty often, and I don't want to have to either lie about it, or have it negatively impact my career (due to the fact that most people are misinformed on this issue and have reactions similar to yours).

/2c

Last edited:
2. If a trainer looks awesome then that doesn't necessarily indicate they know their shit.
One reason for this can be drugs: an incompetent trainer may look good not because of their training expertise but because they take drugs. Another reason can be good genetics: an incompetent trainer who happens to be particularly genetically gifted will look good no matter how shitty their training is. A third reason could be that they've been into sports their entire life: a trainer has been doing sports non-stop since they were 5 will is likely to look good but that doesn't necessarily mean they know the first thing about training a PT client.

I'm noticing a trend with this for Instagram fitness model types. Mostly with chicks

Better than having a fat trainer. And yes they do exist.

To everyone in this thread, that includes you TS!!.....

Have any of you taken medical advice from a doctor that smokes/ over weight.....or any other poor health habits......

Would you then totally disregard their advice......

Another interesting point.......did you know that there are plenty of high level fight trainers, that either, never had a fight or had a very poor and or short fight record......but make world class trainers......

Do you see the point I am making........

Last edited:
Back