Moving to Brazil Part II

Ok, shameless title. Many of you know me from the forums. I have a thread that has been stickied at the top of the forum that chronicled my trip from purple belt to black belt while in Brazil.

I also try to provide content for the forum via my youtube videos.

What I'm here to ask is for you to vote for me to compete against Vinny in the upcoming Metamoris event. They have chosen 10 people as strong candidates to possibly compete against him.

I made that initial cut and the final choice will be made based on crowd/community support.

What I need you to do is go to

https://www.facebook.com/metamoris

Scroll down until you see

and comment, like and share. This would help me greatly and I would appreciate it a LOT.

Thanks guys!

Here is a blog that I wrote over the course of a month in Rio. I included some cost breakdowns which may be helpful for someone wishing to go for a prolonged period of time, or is interested in what you can expect to pay day to day.

https://kennycrybaby.wordpress.com/

Yes, I am here right now. In seeing another part of Brazil atm in Florianópolis. CR house is quiet atm before Olympics.

Florianopolis is sick. Did you train while there and if so, where? i know Rillion Gracie has a school near there and I think Rafa Mansur came out of there. Joao, an older guy from Atos opened a school somewhere around there too I believe.

Yeah, i didnt train when i was in Floripa i had trouble finding any schools. Toward the end of my travels there found out Thiago Tavares has a gym just off the island but didnt get to go. Floripa such an amazing place.

Oh man, it's great!! I fought the IBJJF South American championships there six years ago, and really regret not having had more time to explore and enjoy it. It is like the Miami of Brazil.

I'm dropping a book I've written over the course of the last 5 years about the period I've trained and partied in Brazil. No idea if it would be relevant to drop it here or to make a new topic?

How are you guys navigating daily life in Brazil without speaking Portuguese?

Im certainly interested in the book. When you say "drop it here" what do you mean? Are you publishing physical copies, or an ebook? Where do you train, and what belt are you?

I should be back in Rio in December, probably just for a week or a few days, for New Years.

Im certainly interested in the book. When you say "drop it here" what do you mean? Are you publishing physical copies, or an ebook? Where do you train, and what belt are you?

I should be back in Rio in December, probably just for a week or a few days, for New Years.

I will drop an ebook. I am a white belt under Cristiano Marcello, training out of CM System in Curitiba and under my own friends here in Belgium. Part of the french #teamb as well. Got into an accident 3 years ago that forced me out of training. Now going back in November.

Back