The Guitar Thread.

Crimson Glory

Go Pack Go!
@red
Reaction score
Post guitars that you own, plan on buying or will never have, but dream of owning.

1Carvin JB200C JASON BECKER TRIBUTE 1799$ #.jpg

This is Jason Beckers signature model from Carvin, run for around 1800$(no including tax and shipping and handling) will own this one of these days, once the economy gets better and it won't cost twice as much just to get it here.

1dean rc7xfmtbl 1899$-1099$ #.png

This is Rusty Cooley's Dean siganture 7 string guitar, runs between 1899$-1099$, hope to own one day, but might never get around too it.

1Ibanez S Series Electric Guitar_S770PB_Charcoal_Brown.png
Nice guitar for a good price. Around 1200$, Ibanez S-series Standard Charcoal Burst. I've been playing Ibanez guitars since I was 15, so they feel really natural in my hands. Always like the slim body idea, hope to purchase this guitar once I get a new amplifier.

1Ibanez_SIX27-DBG # 999$.jpg

I think this one is gorgeous, it's another Ibanez S Series, but it's a seven string with a Gibralter bridge, gold hardware, pearloid outline on the body, quilt maple and it's an Iron Label, so it's made for Metal.

ESP-ALEXI-600-SCYTHE.png

This is the Alexi Laiho signature guitar from ESP. Goes for around 1000$, great price, played one before and it's a great guitar. The RRV shape has been my favorite guitar body since I was about 14, Randy really made a big impact on the V shape with this design and ESP only improved on it.

Ibanez_egen18tvfa.jpg

This is is a guitar I'll never own, but it's a beautiful guitar it's the EGEN Herman Li signature form Ibanez, but it's a 4000$ guitar. I'm much too practical too ever spend that much on an instrument, no matter how beautiful it is.

Jackson-KEXMG-Black Bevels 2916031577-500x500.jpg

This is a Kely KEXMG w/Black Bevels. runs for abut 900$. Always loved the Kelly, ever since I saw Marty Friedman play them back in the day. Wanted one since then. Jackson make some of the most beautiful guitars in the world.

Jackson-RRXMG SW W-BLK Pins Rhoads 1019$.jpg

Hoping to own this guitar one day. I posted the ESP Alexi Laiho signature, which is based on this guitar. Always wanted one. Runs for around 1099$.

PRO SERIES RHOADS RRTMG.jpg
This is a similar model too the one above, but it comes with a Tune-o-matic bridge, which is a draw back as I'm not a very big fan of them. But the paintjob, the overall look of this guitar is just beautiful. Might never own it, but maybe if I get some disposale income one day I'll pick one up.

This is my Fender Bender.
lm29BMm.jpg

1Caparison-TAT-Trans-Red-2349$ #.jpg

This is another guitar I'll never own, TAT Special. close to 2400$, my practical nature won't allow me to go any higher than 2K for a guitar, but I love the Caparison brand.

1Jackson Guitars - SLATX-M 3-7 ,Bright Blue # $799.00.jpg

Might not get this one. It's Jackson Soloist 7 string, on sale at my local store, a real steal at 799$, but outside of getting a 7 string with a Floyd, I don't think I'll ever need it.

Ernie_Ball_Majesty_6_St_Arctic_Dream_EB_M01780_1.jpg

This is once again, another guitar I will never own, but I love. Ernie Ball Music Man Arctic blue I believe it's called. Way over priced, but beautiful. It's the John Petrucci signature.

This is my Fender Bender.
lm29BMm.jpg
So, to keep the thread going and because I had to post and dash, a little more info.
This is a 2013 American Deluxe, with LSR rolling nut and locking tuners.
The tuning is the stablest of any guitar I've owned, I can play it for a few days without having to adjust the tuning much, even while being a twang bar king.
Truthfully this is the finest guitar I've ever owned, just a sweet eight pounds of HSH fury; from the classic quack of a Strat to massively hot metal, from Knopfler to Adrian Smith, this baby delivers the sound I want.
I can play Waylon and ACDC in the same set with this ax.

Want a Caparison so badly, same with Mayones too so nice.

Just borrowed this EVH Frankenstrat copy off my dad.
evh_zpshr48rxix.jpg

Have missed having a floyd equipped guitar lately so he said i could borrow it.

Last edited:
I have a Gibson Les Paul Standard and an Ibanez RG570. I want to get an even higher end Ibanez. I really love the 570 though.

I'll post pictures if I have time.

I have a Gibson Les Paul Standard and an Ibanez RG570. I want to get an even higher end Ibanez. I really love the 570 though.

In my experience, especially with basses, Ibanez makes really solid, tone-full instruments.

A question for copy lovers.
My buddy who's also a Deadhead and I were discussing Jerry Garcia's Tiger guitar, an amazing instrument tonally and electronically.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_(guitar)#

His question to me, would I ever play a copy of the Tiger?
I just can't, at least on stage: it would be a bit disrespectful in my eyes, and try-hard. That guitar is just too personal an instrument to copy and use.

What say y'all players?

A question for copy lovers.
My buddy who's also a Deadhead and I were discussing Jerry Garcia's Tiger guitar, an amazing instrument tonally and electronically.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_(guitar)#

His question to me, would I ever play a copy of the Tiger?
I just can't, at least on stage: it would be a bit disrespectful in my eyes, and try-hard. That guitar is just too personal an instrument to copy and use.

What say y'all players?

Like you, I wouldn't want to on stage, but not because i think it's disrespectful. If anything it is a show of respect. I just have always placed an importance on having a distinct identity as a guitarist.

I heavily favor guitarists that crafted their own, recognizable styles (May, Morello, Jack White), and that extends to the instrument. As happy as I'd be to get a bad ass telecaster, whenever i think of buying a new guitar i end up eyeballing slightly less popular brands like Fernandez, Reverend, Airline (although the Black Keys may have changed that), etc. I never buy them tho, lol...i still play my 10 year old Gibson SG faded, although i do own this legit 60's Kay that i hope one day restore.

But to simply own, have fun with, practice on...I wouldn't think anything of it. My old teacher loved his SRV Strat and his extremely dope Black Beauty ended up taking a backseat to it, gigs included.

Like you, I wouldn't want to on stage, but not because i think it's disrespectful. If anything it is a show of respect. I just have always placed an importance on having a distinct identity as a guitarist.

I heavily favor guitarists that crafted their own, recognizable styles (May, Morello, Jack White), and that extends to the instrument. As happy as I'd be to get a bad ass telecaster, whenever i think of buying a new guitar i end up eyeballing slightly less popular brands like Fernandez, Reverend, Airline (although the Black Keys may have changed that), etc. I never buy them tho, lol...i still play my 10 year old Gibson SG faded, although i do own this legit 60's Kay that i hope one day restore.

But to simply own, have fun with, practice on...I wouldn't think anything of it. My old teacher loved his SRV Strat and his extremely dope Black Beauty ended up taking a backseat to it, gigs included.
Nice, thoughtful reply.
Of course I'd love to own a MIDI ready, broad palette guitar like the Tiger.
But I'd feel like such a tool. It's too distinctive. With, say, an SRV copy, you're playing basically a Strat, and more or less the same with an EVH frankencopy.
There are repros I'd own, just not the Tiger.
It still kills me that he died. '95 was so long ago...

Post guitars that you own, plan on buying or will never have, but dream of owning.

View attachment 144199

This is Jason Beckers signature model from Carvin, run for around 1800$(no including tax and shipping and handling) will own this one of these days, once the economy gets better and it won't cost twice as much just to get it here.

View attachment 144203

This is Rusty Cooley's Dean siganture 7 string guitar, runs between 1899$-1099$, hope to own one day, but might never get around too it.

View attachment 144205
Nice guitar for a good price. Around 1200$, Ibanez S-series Standard Charcoal Burst. I've been playing Ibanez guitars since I was 15, so they feel really natural in my hands. Always like the slim body idea, hope to purchase this guitar once I get a new amplifier.
Fuckin love that Jason Becker Carvin!

LP standard definitely my favorite axe ever owned.

LP standard definitely my favorite axe ever owned.
I like it a lot. But for me it's more of s novelty. I play mostly metal, so I play the Ibanez a lot more often. It just has a much better feel when playing that kind of stuff. But the Gibson's tone is really nice and meaty.

Back