UMA RT-41 14oz Glove Review

I'm really interested to hear about the 12oz. RT-41s that you ordered. And how they compare to the MS300s (I don't really know if they're comparable).

I will report back on comparisons once they arrive and get used.

BTW I hate you for making me want another pair of glove lol

How thick (cm) is the padding on a 16oz ?

Hahah nahh dont say want, say need. But
I dont know man i dont own a 16oz, just my 14oz.

I still have to post comparison pictures of my Winnings and my RTs haha ive been slacking on reviews. Hopefully ill be putting more up again, maybe those Sabas Primes, maybe.

Maybe the Everlast Elites if i can get them cheap.

Maybe some TopBoxer gloves

Maybe ill be broke for a couple more months hahaha

Hahah nahh dont say want, say need. But
I dont know man i dont own a 16oz, just my 14oz.

I still have to post comparison pictures of my Winnings and my RTs haha ive been slacking on reviews. Hopefully ill be putting more up again, maybe those Sabas Primes, maybe.

Maybe the Everlast Elites if i can get them cheap.

Maybe some TopBoxer gloves

Maybe ill be broke for a couple more months hahaha

Like a wise man told me one day " its only money" lol

If you could post side by side pictures with a few other files, it will give me a better understanding of the padding g and size of the glove. See I want something protective but the paddi g cannot be too soft. In example, the Top Boxer signature series gives were way too soft for my liking. Twins, Rival RS1, RS2V padding in imo best you can have for bag, pad and sparring.

Like a wise man told me one day " its only money" lol

If you could post side by side pictures with a few other files, it will give me a better understanding of the padding g and size of the glove. See I want something protective but the paddi g cannot be too soft. In example, the Top Boxer signature series gives were way too soft for my liking. Twins, Rival RS1, RS2V padding in imo best you can have for bag, pad and sparring.
Arent Rivals ridiculously soft? Ive used the old Hybrid sparring gloves and you couldnt use them for bag. Just a few rounds and the paddinf split apart, literally just ripped apart.

Absolutely perfect for sparring but thats it.

The RT-41s arent super soft. You cant feel your knuckles through them unless you press with like all your might and even then its barely any feel. Theres just too many layers with various different forms.

From the sheer size and densities of the foam you cant even open your fist 100% of the way. I can open my hand all the way in a C17 or a pro series but not in an RT. The outer layer is the softest but the inner layers arent as much. Thats why people say theres no feedback haha, the foams designed to absolutely absorb everything you throw and the palm and wrist are extra padded to provide the most support thats why it can rival a Tokushu

Arent Rivals ridiculously soft? Ive used the old Hybrid sparring gloves and you couldnt use them for bag. Just a few rounds and the paddinf split apart, literally just ripped apart.

Absolutely perfect for sparring but thats it.

The RT-41s arent super soft. You cant feel your knuckles through them unless you press with like all your might and even then its barely any feel. Theres just too many layers with various different forms.

From the sheer size and densities of the foam you cant even open your fist 100% of the way. I can open my hand all the way in a C17 or a pro series but not in an RT. The outer layer is the softest but the inner layers arent as much. Thats why people say theres no feedback haha, the foams designed to absolutely absorb everything you throw and the palm and wrist are extra padded to provide the most support thats why it can rival a Tokushu

The padding on the Rival sparring gloves is fabulous. But Rival chose to have them build in China so you pay a lot for crappy velcro lol

As for the RT41, I think you just sold me to them. I don't like to feel my knuckles thru the padding so I guess they will be awesome.

Thanks for the help.

The padding on the Rival sparring gloves is fabulous. But Rival chose to have them build in China so you pay a lot for crappy velcro lol

As for the RT41, I think you just sold me to them. I don't like to feel my knuckles thru the padding so I guess they will be awesome.

Thanks for the help.
I was talking about the foam man, ripped in half right where the knuckles go. It was like punching with fight gloves afterwards hahah

But yeah man the RTs offer the best protection, you wont be feeling knuckles through that padding at all. Just a warning now, you wont feel feedback either, dont expect a good shock. You'll obviously know and feel when you land but nothing like a Pro Series or even a C17. But that's the purpose of my RT gloves, protection and support. The purpose of a glove in general.

I was talking about the foam man, ripped in half right where the knuckles go. It was like punching with fight gloves afterwards hahah

But yeah man the RTs offer the best protection, you wont be feeling knuckles through that padding at all. Just a warning now, you wont feel feedback either, dont expect a good shock. You'll obviously know and feel when you land but nothing like a Pro Series or even a C17. But that's the purpose of my RT gloves, protection and support. The purpose of a glove in general.

I know you were talking about the padding...i was just adding another crappy part lol.

I am an old man and my joints need less stress so I guess the RT are the answer.

Last edited:
I know you were talking about the padding...i was just padding another crappy part lol.

I am an old man and my joints need less stress so I guess the RT are the answer.
You shouldnt be disappointed but as always i ask people to let me know what they think. Its alwats good to hear feedback

My 12oz UMA RT-41s have arrived.

Put in a few rounds on the bag. Extremely comfortable fit and performance. These things absorb shock just as well as my 16oz Winning, which is crazy.

Now if they last long (and I think they will), I could see myself getting more of these.

Will report back in the future after more uses.

My 12oz UMA RT-41s have arrived.

Put in a few rounds on the bag. Extremely comfortable fit and performance. These things absorb shock just as well as my 16oz Winning, which is crazy.

Now if they last long (and I think they will), I could see myself getting more of these.

Will report back in the future after more uses.
very interesting.......im planning to get a pair of 12 or 14s for strictly heavy bag use......How big us your hand? Just didnt want to use a pair of big 16s on the bag.

very interesting.......im planning to get a pair of 12 or 14s for strictly heavy bag use......How big us your hand? Just didnt want to use a pair of big 16s on the bag.

I'm too lazy to pull out the ruler at the moment, but I would say fairly average? Maybe a little bigger.

Can you give me a list of gloves (brand, model, size) you have experienced? There's a good chance I have also tried one or more of them, and I'll be able to give you my fitting experience.

I'm too lazy to pull out the ruler at the moment, but I would say fairly average? Maybe a little bigger.

Can you give me a list of gloves (brand, model, size) you have experienced? There's a good chance I have also tried one or more of them, and I'll be able to give you my fitting experience.
C17 16 oz is good on me....I could work with something not quite as wide.....Reyes 16 oz is super wide on me....don't use them much

C17 16 oz is good on me....I could work with something not quite as wide

C17 16oz fit good on me as well. Maybe a little roomy inside.

12oz C17 and 12oz RT41 fit similar.

GLOVES_zpsuf1uxc4t.jpg

Still no pictures from anyone with the 41s next to other gloves for size comparison?

Still no pictures from anyone with the 41s next to other gloves for size comparison?

When I have time; I'll post my 12oz RT41 next to 12oz Winning, 12oz Everlast Professional, and 12oz R2C C17.

Awesome! Thanks.

Here ya go. A side by side comparison of 12oz UMA RT41 (Grey) to other 10oz-12oz gloves:

1. 12oz Winning

RZts2P2.jpg

2. 12oz Rival RB1 Ultra

IFvjrDI.jpg

3. 10oz Winning Pro Fight MS300

YJ6qMZZ.jpg

4. 12oz Adidas Amateur Competition (2008 and 2012 Olympics)

wS2kkn7.jpg

5. 12oz Everlast 2000's model Pro Leather trainers

cuI30Sl.jpg

6. 12oz R2C C17 2.0

65VuFfU.jpg

7. 10oz Rival Amateur Competition RF3:

1aHTEQA.jpg

Back