Jaunty's "My House, My Rules" Fatherly Advice Basement Bar

My vote didn't mean shit in Indiana. My neighbor is an engineer for a decent sized factory. He actually voted for Trump, but he's not a Trump nut or anything like that. He says almost the entire staff of line workers were hardcore Trump supporters. This isn't a factory that pays great either. I think it's hilarious these grunts making fairly shitty wages feel such a strong bond to Trump.

I found that if you use simple, emotional things like Guns, Immigrants and Jobs you can convince the grunt to do practically anything. That's how the guy in my riding won. He told them that Justin Trudeau is going to bring in terrorists, give them your jobs and take away your guns.

Yeah, I fucked up, Clinton seemed far enough ahead that it wouldn't be close in Virginia. It turned out to be much closer. Johnson did terribly compared to his poll numbers anyways. I think a lot of people who were Johnson supporters decided to vote Trump, I mean that would explain the extra 2-3% that Trump beat the polls by, Johnson underperformed his poll #s by a similar amount.

I also heard that some Trump voters said they were undecided or voting third party in advance polls because their was a stigma attached to saying you were voting for Trump. Basically they hid their support because they didn't want to deal with people grilling them about Trump.

I also heard that some Trump voters said they were undecided or voting third party in advance polls because their was a stigma attached to saying you were voting for Trump. Basically they hid their support because they didn't want to deal with people grilling them about Trump.
ppl afraid to support a candidate due to fear of reprisals from the other side.. this is what the left is doing to democracy

Yeah the left... it had nothing to do with Trump actually being a horrible candidate.

I agree that the media as a whole has a slight liberal bias, but I think it's ridiculous when conservatives claim everything that isn't biased towards their ideas is "damn liberal media lies". I'm a fiscal conservative (socially liberal), generally small government guy but that is absurd.

I just received my Barbour jacket for autumn and winter. I'll be the poshest meathead in this city...

I shaved my beard yesterday. I think I heard a dove die.

But...but...but why? Movember? Afraid of Trump coming for you?

But...but...but why? Movember? Afraid of Trump coming for you?

I've always thought of Movember as a time where those who can't grow beards or staches can meagrely try to force their patchy estrogenesquely infused peach fuzz into manlet level growth. It looks fucking terrible. I still give though...

I only did it because my wife said I looked better without it. It's been a long time since I've been clean shaven and I felt now's a good a time as ever. It takes me like 2 days to get a respectable level of bush.

That's the essence of Movember, yes.
I haven't been clean shaven since 2011, when "Odin's Beard" in the main got me to finally try to grow a proper beard, boy was I glad when it worked. Ever since my life got indefinitely better, so there's no shaving in my plans for a bright future.

Like completely shaved not just trimmed? Why?? It's almost time for a Winter beard.

edit: Well if your wife likes you better clean shaven I can see why.

I finally trimmed my beard last night after over 3 months of unchecked growth. I didn't trim it even once so it was pretty out of control and itchy. My face feels so much better now.

Completely, @DrBdan ... LOL It's so weird. Feels kinda liberating. The main issue I have is grooming in the morning takes much longer to ensure I shave it all...

My only complaints with having a beard were:

1. itching
2. never getting a good seal when drinking.

Beard oil will take care of the itch and also helps keep fly-aways down, plus it sorta works like cologne if you get the scented kind. I've totally become a beard oil collector and currently have 8 different scents I think. Gotta have different scents for the different seasons ya know?

My beard is movember worthy couse it suks, but i havent cut my hair in like forever... closing on two years. It now looks like Roger Daltrey in the 70s

Everyone thinks my son looks like my wife right now but then we looked at pics from Movember 2014 when I was clean shaven and nope... he looks so much like me. It's just this big scruff that hides it. Also being clean shaven makes me look about 10 years younger.

Same, my wife thinks I look way younger.
Life seems a little more empty though. I am going to the gym tonight for the first time without a beard in ages. Might have to start with the manta ray on the squat bar.

On that line of conversation, off to the barber now myself. Not going to shave completely, but will certainly take it back.

I need to trim or shave completely, my beard is starting to look like a hippy's muff.

Back