Difference Between Fairtex Models (BGV1 vs BGV9 vs BGV14)

So I went down and tried the 16oz fairtex bv1. Build quality was excellent but and knuckle position was good however I didn't like the padding. Felt like I could punch right through it.

They didn't have the bgv9 in stock. I think the thai style padding isn't for me, probably going to go with something more western style like ringside or rivals.

Don't be fooled by the thin padding on the BGV1 and BGV9. They are super protective. Believe me, you won't punch through them.

I sell these gloves everyday.
Here's the run down:

Fairtex BGV1: They are a Muay Thai glove but can be used for both MT and Western Boxing as he gloves are not very long (similar to Twins BGVL-3 or Windy BGVH)

Smallest on the outside yet roomiest on the inside this is due to the very dense padding foam.

Wrist support isn't good unless you have larger medium to quite large forearms.

Fairtex BGV9 Mexican Heavy Hitters: One of our favourite gloves here at muaythaimall.com

Similar to other Fairtex with a lot of room inside yet the design of the glove is more boxing style/Mexican style. The wrist is longer than the BGV1 providing MUCH more wrist support. The glove is also flatter and not as rounded as the BGV1. You can wear them for Muay Thai.

BGV14: Straight up they are AWFUL

Made from microfibre and cost more than Twins and Top King. (Marketing? LOL)

The gloves areway to soft. They're flatter than the BGV1 yet are no where near the quality of them and the feel of BGV11 Army coloured gloves which are also microfibre.

Sure the colours might look cool but boxing gloves are definitely a pair we never recommend. Boxing gloves tools not toys that you put on the shelf and look at. Muaythaimall.com will never order them again.

We don't sell stuff that we wouldn't use ourselves.

I apologise if this has been mentioned before, I don't have much time to go through every post but I just want to give my 2 cents boxing gear is a our job.

BGV9 All the way for Fairtex in our opinion!!!!!

Here's the run down:

Fairtex BGV1: They are a Muay Thai glove but can be used for both MT and Western Boxing as he gloves are not very long (similar to Twins BGVL-3 or Windy BGVH)

Smallest on the outside yet roomiest on the inside this is due to the very dense padding foam.

Fairtex BGV9 Mexican Heavy Hitters: One of our favourite gloves here at muaythaimall.com

Similar to other Fairtex with a lot of room inside yet the design of the glove is more boxing style/Mexican style. The wrist is longer than the BGV1 providing MUCH more wrist support. The glove is also flatter and not as rounded as the BGV1. You can wear them for Muay Thai.

The gloves areway to soft. They're flatter than the BGV1 yet are no where near the quality of them and the feel of BGV11 Army coloured gloves which are also microfibre.

Sure the colours might look cool but boxing gloves are definitely a pair we never recommend. Boxing gloves tools not toys that you put on the shelf and look at. Muaythaimall.com will never order them again.

I apologise if this has been mentioned before, I don't have much time to go through every post but I just want to give my 2 cents boxing gear is a our job.

Is there a laceup version of the BGV9?

The Fairtex BGL7 are the equivalent lace up version. https://www.muaythaimall.com/shop/fairtex-boxing-gloves-mexican-style-bgl7/

Usually they come in red with black palm but it is also possible to order customs colours (except green, light blue & orange).
Great. And can I ask what the difference is between the BGL6 and BGL7? I know one is a fight glove and the other is Mexican style, but what would be the practical differences if one were to compare 16oz versions of each?

I've never used the Fairtex BGL7 much to be honest but I recently got myself a pair of the BGL6 10oz to use for training. The BGL6 compared to other fairtex gloves are a big tighter inside (especially the hand compartment) which I like.

I believe the padding is also slightly different between the two models. The BGL6 using Fairtex's triple layered foam and the BGL7 using a double layers of high density latex foam. (Thank you Fairtex's catalogue for that info! lol).

I'd say the BGL7 are slightly larger inside too and the back of the wrist of the BGL7 also has more padding.

That's really helpful. Thanks for that. I have the BGL6s in 12 oz. and really like them for the heavy bag. The foam seems very durable.

Could either of these gloves be used for sparring in 16 oz, you think? Or are they too hard.

I've never used the Fairtex BGL7 much to be honest but I recently got myself a pair of the BGL6 10oz to use for training. The BGL6 compared to other fairtex gloves are a big tighter inside (especially the hand compartment) which I like.
How is the lining inside the BGL6? I have a pair of BGV9 and I really like how the lining is built in the glove.

Hey Alecks, the lining in the BGL6 is different to the BGV9. The BGL6 is more like the lining on the BGV1. I agree though, the lining on the inside of the BGV9 is pretty sweet.

Last edited:
Almost forgot! Both would be fine for sparring! It really just depends which one feels more comfortable for you. I do however have a feeling the Mexican BGL7 may have a slightly longer wrist but I don't have a pair in stock to check against the BGL6.

If my suspicions are correct I'd go BGL6 for Muay Thai sparring and BGL7 for Boxing sparring as the shorter wrists are obviously better for clinching.

Hey Alecks, the lining in the BGL6 is different to the BGV9. The BGL6 is more like the lining on the BGV1. I agree though, the lining on the inside of the BGV9 is pretty sweet.
Thanks for the info in this thread.
In your experience have you found any other glove with lining like BGV9? I wish Fairtex would build a BGV1 glove with the craftsmanship of the BGV9. That glove is so well made.

Here's the run down:

I see you still sell BGV14 in your store, what kind of use would you recommend them? Im not that heavy guy and I was planing to buy them before I saw this post. Are they ok for light training or?

Back