What knife did you carry today?

20161019_160027_zpst1mybq5r.jpg

20161019_160050_zpsbojlosj6.jpg

20161019_164050_zpsaggz5kio.jpg

20161019_162246_zpsfx3vlh8o.jpg

I've been watching Forged in Fire and really want to get some super impractical, show piece style fixed blade. Right now I only have my Ka-Bar from Afghanistan for fixed blade knives as well as an old Vietnam combat knife made by Camillus that I got at a garage sale and need to clean up.

Or when I finally get in a house, a backyard forge to mess around again with...

I've been watching Forged in Fire and really want to get some super impractical, show piece style fixed blade. Right now I only have my Ka-Bar from Afghanistan for fixed blade knives as well as an old Vietnam combat knife made by Camillus that I got at a garage sale and need to clean up.

MCKINTCPTRDAM_LS3R.jpg

_MTC-0066_Marfione_Custom_Interceptor_Damascus_-_Back.jpg

Wanted to talk about a good customer service experience.

So my work knife is my Hogue EX04. Well I noticed a small crack in the blade by the thumb stud. Called them up, they said send it in as it has a lifetime warranty on materials and craftsmanship.

Sent it into Hogue last Wednesday, it got there Friday afternoon. They replaced the blade and updated the pivot pin all for free(well I paid shipping $3 to get it there, they paid return). I got it back today(could have been here yesterday but didn't check mail).

As with all of their knives, hand finished mirror polished hair shaving edge.

20161103_175621_zps7wc3gvab.jpg

20161103_175602_zpst7i6itow.jpg

Old pivot pin, matched the lock so it could be confused.
20151022_121134-1_zpsyavwrezm.jpg

Anyway, happy it got replaced quickly.

Check out some of jay neilsons stuff, he's one of the guys from that forged in fire show. I got some kitchen knives from him that are sweet. That fucker makes knives out of meteorites...

Check out some of jay neilsons stuff, he's one of the guys from that forged in fire show. I got some kitchen knives from him that are sweet. That fucker makes knives out of meteorites...
Just looked he has some cool stuff. Maybe next year when I get my tax refund.

Ok I'm legit thinking of making a backyard coffee can/paint can forge and trying my hand at making some knives. I'll probably have to start with stock removal as I build up some tools since I'd need an anvil to forge stuff. Or get a cheap anvil and some hammers and see where it takes me.

Really really REALLY want to buy an Infidel from Benchmade

I usually have my

DSC_0016.JPG

during the normal days, which I love, but if Im in the woods I always have my

BM162.jpg

or my

beach+009.jpg

Back