AQUAMAN Movie ($67.4 Million U.S. Opening Weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: July 21, 2018

First Trailer for James Wan's Undersea Epic AQUAMAN Starring Jason Momoa

From Warner Bros. Pictures and director James Wan comes an action-packed adventure that spans the vast, visually breathtaking underwater world of the seven seas, “Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa in the title role. The film reveals the origin story of half-human, half-Atlantean Arthur Curry and takes him on the journey of his lifetime—one that will not only force him to face who he really is, but to discover if he is worthy of who he was born to be…a king.

Update: April 12, 2017

Dolph Lundgren Joins Jason Momoa in AQUAMAN Movie as a Villain

Dolph-Lundgren-Aquaman-041217-Dragonlord.jpg

Dolph Lundgren is making his return to studio movies by diving deep into the world of comic book films.

The veteran action star, whose credits range from Rocky IV to the recent Expendables movies, has joined Aquaman, Warner Bros.’ big-screen take on DC Comics’ underwater-breathing superhero.

James Wan is sitting in the director’s chair for the big-budget tentpole, which is eyeing a May production start in Australia.

Jason Momoa is starring as the title character, and the film's call sheet includes Amber Heard as Mera, Aquaman's royal love interest; Nicole Kidman as Aquaman’s mother; and Patrick Wilson as Orm, a villain who happens to be Aquaman’s half-brother.

Willem Dafoe is playing Aquaman’s adviser, scientist Dr. Vulko; Yahya Abdul-Mateen II is classic villain Black Manta; and Temuera Morrison is Aquaman’s father.

Lundgren will play King Nereus of the aquatic kingdom of Xebel, who claims Mera as his own and wants to kill Aquaman.

Dolph Lundgren Joins Jason Momoa in 'Aquaman' (Exclusive)

Update: February 3, 2017

Temuera Morrison to Play Aquaman's Father in AQUAMAN Movie

Temuera-Morrison-Aquaman-Dragonlord.jpg

Temuera Morrison, perhaps best known for his work playing Jango Fett in the Star Wars prequels, is in negotiations to join the cast of Aquaman, Warner Bros.’ big-screen take on the classic DC Entertainment underwater-breathing comic book superhero.

The cast so far includes Jason Momoa as the title character, Amber Heard as Mera, Aquaman's royal love interest, and Willem Dafoe as Aquaman’s advisor, scientist Dr. Vulko. Patrick Wilson, who starred in director James Wan’s Conjuring movies, will play Orm, a villain who happens to be Aquaman’s half-brother.

This week, offers went out to Nicole Kidman and Get Down actor Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, and both are now in early negotiations. If deals make, Kidman would play Aquaman’s mother who hails from the underwater kingdom of Atlantis, while Abdul-Mateen will play the classic villain, Black Manta.

Morrison will play Aquaman’s human father. Wan is sitting in the director’s chair and prepping the movie for an April start in Australia.

Morrison can currently be heard (but not seen) in Disney Animation’s Moana, in which he voices Moana’s father, Chief Tui. He appeared in another DC-related movie in 2011 when he played Abin Sur in Warners’ Green Lantern. He has been a fixture in the Star Wars universe since playing Jango Fett in Attack of the Clones and has appeared and voiced various characters in movies, video games and cartoons.

'Star Wars' Actor Temuera Morrison In Talks to Join 'Aquaman' (Exclusive)

Update: January 31, 2017

Nicole Kidman in Talks to Play Aquaman's Mother in AQUAMAN

Nicole-Kidman-Aquaman-013117-Dragonlord.jpg

Nicole Kidman may be joining the DC Cinematic Universe. The actress, who is in the Oscar mix this awards season for her work in Lion, is in early talks to play Aquaman’s mother in Aquaman, the big-screen take of the underwater-breathing comic book super hero.

Jason Momoa is playing the hero in the Warner Bros/DC Entertainment production that James Wan is directing. The studio is cruising towards an April production start in Australia and is starting to round out key members of its cast.

In traditional Aquaman lore, the hero’s mother is Atlanna, who hails from royalty in the underwater kingdom of Atlantis. She escapes her kingdom and falls in love with a lighthouse keeper, giving birth to the boy who will one day grow up to be a bridge between two worlds.

If a deal makes - it looks optimistic as she has been Wan's top choice for weeks, with an official offer finally going out yesterday - this will not be Kidman's first swim in the DC superhero waters. The actress starred opposite Val Kilmer in 1995's Batman Forever as the Bruce Wayne's love interest, Dr. Chase Meridian.

Nicole Kidman in Talks to Play Arthur Curry's Mother in James Wan's 'Aquaman' Movie (Exclusive)

Update: January 31, 2017

AQUAMAN Finds Its Black Manta Villain With Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

Yahya-Abdul-Mateen-II-Black-Manta-Aquaman-Dragonlord.jpg

Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, who starred in Netflix’s Baz Luhrmann show The Get Down, is in early talks to put on his wetsuit for Warner Bros. Aquaman movie.

The actor has nabbed the part of Black Manta, one of the DC Comics villains. Director James Wan and the studio have been meeting with numerous actors for the part for the past two weeks, settling on Abdul-Mateen over the weekend. The official offer went out yesterday and the parties are now in talks.

If a deal makes, Abdul-Mateen will suit up as Manta, who first appeared in a DC comic in 1967 and stood out due to his unique battle-costume, trident, and deadly schemes.

Abdul-Mateen was a finalist for the role of Lando Calrissian in the Han Solo Star Wars spin-off movie thanks to the acclaim he received for his work on Get Down. Since then, he has booked roles in high-profile movies such Baywatch, the Dwayne Johnson-Zac Efron action comedy that opens this summer, and The Greatest Showman, Hugh Jackman’s musical take circus founder P.T. Barnum.

'Aquaman' Finds Its Black Manta Villain With 'Get Down' Actor (Exclusive)

Update: December 12, 2016

Patrick Wilson To Play AQUAMAN's Evil Half-Brother Orm a.k.a. Ocean Master

Patrick-Wilson-Orm-Ocean-Master-Dragonlord.jpg

Patrick Wilson has been set by Warner Bros and director James Wan to costar in Aquaman. Jason Momoa plays the title character, and Wilson will play the fish whisperer’s super-villain half brother Orm, also known as Ocean Master, in the DC film that Warner Bros will release October 5, 2018.

The character has some of the sibling rivalry elements found in Loki. That is Thor’s half brother who has figured as the heavy in numerous Marvel films, in the form of Tom Hiddleston. Orm is at least as disagreeable and more powerful: in the comics, Aquaman’s human half-brother is a rival for the throne of Atlantis, and wreaks havoc on the high seas and beneath them when he doesn’t get his way. Amber Heard as Mera, is playing Queen of Atlantis.

Wilson, who earlier this year starred in his second Conjuring film, opens Friday in The Hollow Point, and then plays the romantic rival to Michael Keaton’s Ray Kroc in the upcoming The Founder.

Patrick Wilson To Play ‘Aquaman’s Evil Half-Brother Orm a.k.a. Ocean Master (Exclusive)

Update: December 2, 2016

AQUAMAN Release Date Pushed Back to October 5, 2018

Aquaman-Concept-Art-2016-Dragonlord.jpg

Originally set for a July 2018 release, Aquaman will swim into theaters on Oct. 5, 2018. The Warner Bros. and DC superhero film stars Jason Momoa. James Wan is directing the film, which also will star Amber Heard as Mera, the love interest of Aquaman and eventual queen of Atlantis. The film will be released in 3D and Imax.

Momoa made his first appearance as the seafaring superhero in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, which hit theaters in March and has earned $873.3 million worldwide. He’ll also appear in Justice League, out in 2017.

Warner Bros. had placed an "untitled" feature on the date of Oct. 5 quite some time ago. The project currently has the date to itself.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jason-momoas-aquaman-gets-release-date-952425

Update: October 12, 2016

First Look at Amber Heard as Mera in JUSTICE LEAGUE

IGN has the exclusive first look at actress Amber Heard as Mera of Atlantis in the forthcoming Justice League movie. The images below include both concept art for Mera's costume design as well as a production unit still -- taken by director Zack Snyder himself -- of Heard in full costume as Mera.

Mera is traditionally portrayed as the queen of Atlantis and wife of Aquaman. (Michael Wilkinson is the costume designer on Justice League.)

Mera-First-Look-Final-Photo.jpg

Mera-Concept-Art-Final.jpg

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/12/justice-league-exclusive-first-look-at-amber-heard-as-mera

Update: August 10, 2016

Black Manta Revealed to Be the Villain in AQUAMAN Movie

Black-Manta-081016-Dragonlord.jpg

When Jason Momoa suits up as Aquaman for his standalone film, he will face off against one of the seafaring superhero’s greatest foes.

TheWrap has exclusively learned the bad guy of the movie will be Aquaman’s deadliest and most-famous opponent — Black Manta. Aquaman diehards should go nuts for the film’s adherence to DC lore — Aquaman first introduced the villain in 1967. In DC’s New 52 reboot, Black Manta is a man in a suit with no innate super powers.

Black Manta has had several distinct origin stories over the years. In the latest version, Aquaman killed his father in retaliation for a murder committed by the young Black Manta. So begins Black Manta’s quest for revenge.

The character has spent some time in Belle Reve prison, during which Amanda Waller tried to get him to join Suicide Squad. Interestingly, fans floated a now-disproven rumor last year that Common would play Black Manta in Suicide Squad.

Jason Momoa will next be seen as Aquaman in 2017’s Justice League along with fellow Atlanteans Mera (Amber Heard) and Vulko (Willem Dafoe). Gangster Squad screenwriter Will Beal is writing the screenplay based off a treament by Geoff Johns and James Wan. Wan is directing the Aquaman film, which is slated for release on July 27th, 2018.

Black Manta Revealed to be the Villain in James Wan's Aquaman Movie

Update: July 22, 2016

GANGSTER SQUAD Writer Will Beall to Pen AQUAMAN Script

s6oemh.jpg

Will Beall is going back into the ocean. The Gangster Squad scribe is once again writing Aquaman, Warner Bros.’ feature project based on the iconic DC Comics character. This time however, he is working off a detailed treatment from filmmaker James Wan, who is attached to direct, and comics author and co-head of DC Films, Geoff Johns.

Jason Momoa barnacled to star as the half-human, half-Atlantean King of the Seven Seas. July 27, 2018 is the release date.

Warners was developing Aquaman on dual tracks, hiring multiple writers to develop scripts simultaneously. Beall and Kurt Johnstad, a frequent collaborator of Justice League director Zack Snyder, then a major architect of the DC cinematic universe, were hired in summer 2014. Late last year, when Wan came circling the project, Wan’s Conjuring 2 scribe David Leslie Johnson became another track.

In the meantime, Beall moved off the project and became the writer and exec producer of the Training Day television pilot, which has been ordered to series by CBS.

Recently, all Aquaman development tracks were deep six-ed as Wan and Johns focused on getting the story in ship shape. Beall was then rehired to write the script, this time as the only writer. He is working with Wan and Johns.

'Gangster Squad' Will Beall to Pen Script for James Wan's 'Aquaman' Movie (Exclusive)

Update: June 7, 2016

James Wan Reveals He Chose to Direct AQUAMAN Over THE FLASH

James-Wan-The-Flash-Aquaman-Dragonlord.jpg

It was almost one year ago to the date that James Wan was announced as the director of Warner Bros.‘ upcoming Aquaman feature film, but in a new interview, the director reveals he was given the choice between the King of Atlantis and another hero.

“They asked me which of the two characters I’d be interested in and it was between The Flash and Aquaman,” Wan tells Uproxx. “This is how I weighed it: For me, we’ve seen various versions of The Flash… There’s a popular show on TV and there was a great one in the ‘90s… But the thing that ultimately pushed me more towards Aquaman is I love the possibility of creating a whole new world. I’ve always wanted to do a world creation story and visually create this amazing, incredible, magical kingdom. And also, I love the fact that Aquaman is an underdog character. I love the fact that people like to make fun of him. [Laughs.] I feel the bar is a lot lower and I can have fun with him!”

Wan also revealed that it wasn’t his work on the $1.5 billion-grossing Furious 7 that landed him in consideration for the film, but instead it was his 2013 horror film The Conjuring.

“I had already had a lot of conversations with Warner Bros. and they knew very early on that I had said I would love to be a part of the DC Universe… This is back in the early days when The Conjuring was just about to come out… We’ve been talking about it for awhile.”

James Wan Reveals Why He Picked Aquaman Over The Flash as His DC Project

Update: March 28, 2016

James Wan Says AQUAMAN Will Have a Fun Tone and Possible Sea Monsters

Aquaman-Trench-Sea-Monsters-Dragonlord.jpg

With the dark and gritty tone of Zack Snyder's Batman v. Superman being criticized by many, Director James Wan was asked what the tone of Aquaman will be. "The kind of filmmaker that I am, even my darker horror films generally are still very fun," the talented filmmaker told IGN. "And I think that's important for me and the kind of films I make.

"I think Aquaman is a character that a lot of people have made fun of over the years, and I just think it's fun to actually show a really different, cool, badass side to this character," he added. "But the same time, let's not forget to have fun with it."

"I would love to capture the fun spirit of high-sea adventures, treasure hunts, sea monsters," Wan told the L.A. Times. "That’s the spirit that I’m going for. Swashbuckling."

"There’s always something kind of cool about Aquaman still, the idea of creating a huge world that is on our planet. He’s from our planet and he’s from a society that we’re not privy to in the context of the story. Isn’t it crazy to think that we’ve explored space more than we have explored the depths of our ocean? That just fires up my imagination about potential sea monsters and cool creatures, that kind of stuff," Wan explained to Slashfilm.

"Well, I think the story that I would like to tell is still at the end of the day my story," Wan told Cinema Blend. "And that’s what’s cool with Zack [Snyder], is that he’s actually very respectful of that. He’s actually helping me out in some ways with certain things that he’s doing with his [films] so that I can have better groundwork with the standalone Aquaman story."

Update: January 13, 2016

Amber Heard to Play Mera in AQUAMAN and JUSTICE LEAGUE

Amber-Heard-Mera-Dragonlord.jpg

Amber Heard is in negotiations to join Warner Bros.’s DC Universe. If a deal makes, Heard will star opposite Jason Momoa as the female lead in Aquaman, several sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

She will make her appearance first in Justice League, the movie that introduces various characters and story threads to fully launch the cinematic universe based on the DC Entertainment characters. Heard will play Mera, the love interest of Aquaman and eventual queen of Atlantis. First appearing in 1963, the character’s powers include the ability to control and even solidify water.

James Wan is attached to direct Aquaman, which is being undergoing a dual track development, meaning that there are two separate scripts that are being worked on concurrently.

Heard, last seen in Magic Mike XXL, is on screen with Eddie Redmayne and Alicia Vikander in awards player The Danish Girl. She also has crime thriller London Fields in the can.

[Update: ET confirmed that the Amber Heard has been cast as Mera, the undersea queen and wife of Aquaman in the DC Comics canon. Heard will make her first appearance as Mera in 2017's The Justice League Part One before appearing in the 2018 standalone Aquaman film opposite Game of Thrones star Jason Momoa.

The actress exclusively dished to ET's Katie Krause about her sea queen costume. "It's interesting. It's like, half suit of armor, half scales," Heard revealed. "It's strange... We're in the process of building it now, so it's coming along."]

Amber Heard in Talks to Star in 'Aquaman,' Her Character Will First Appear in 'Justice League' (Exclusive)

Update: November 25, 2015

Ocean Master is the AQUAMAN Villain, Mera's Role in DCEU

Ocean-Master-Mera-112515-Dragonlord.jpg

Many comic fans commonly reference Black Manta as Aquaman's primary villain, but it's actually someone much closer to him in more ways than one. JoBlo is reporting that Ocean Master aka Orm Marius/Curry aka Aquaman's half brother is the villain that's currently being developed to square off with the King of Atlantis in his first solo outing, which is said to be reminiscent of the comic struggles of the duo in a brother-vs-brother fight for the throne of Atlantis.

While casting is still ongoing for Mera, JoBlo does have some information about the plans for her character in Aquaman, her role in the DCEU (DC Extended Universe), and what WB is looking for to fill the role. First off, Mera has previously been referenced as "Khaleesi of the Sea" via Heroic Hollywood (who also mentioned she may make her first appearance in Justice League: Part One) and that's about right. Mera will be a force to be reckoned with and will share the screen with Aquaman in very much the same way that Max and Furiosa did in Mad Max: Fury Road.

JoBlo has also heard that the studio is currently looking to cast a "non-white" actress in the role, which would match up with lead Jason Momoa's mixed race status (part Native Hawaiian/German, Irish, Native American). So, at this point, don't expect a Jessica Chastain or Bryce Dallas Howard as Mera.

Both Marvel and DC are under pressure to diversify their superheroes in order to appeal to a broader audience, which is partly where the Aquaman casting is coming from. Beyond that film, you can expect to see the DCEU attempt to win the edge over the MCU in that department. There is also discussion about including a gay superhero in the DCEU ranks, although according to my sources it's not something set in stone, but definitely under serious consideration for at least one major character.

WB is currently looking at a number of ways to expand on that trend, including a possible Birds of Prey movie (recently reported by Latino Review) that would feature an all-female team of superheroes led by the previously reported Black Canary as well as Batgirl/Oracle, amongst others. A Teen Titans film (possibly merged with the Cyborg film in lieu of a solo pic) is also under consideration, as well as the already announced Green Lantern Corps, which the site has been told is Hal Jordan and John Stewart in a "Lethal Weapon in space" team-up.

JoBlo Exclusive: Rumored Villain for Aquaman, Mera's Role and Diversity in the DCEU

Update: November 12, 2015

David Leslie Johnson Hired to Write James Wan's AQUAMAN

David-Leslie-Johnson-Aquaman-Dragonlord.jpg

David Leslie Johnson has been hired to write Aquaman, Warner Bros.’ big-screen take on the water-breathing DC Entertainment superhero character. James Wan is developing and on board to direct the title, which has Jason Momoa attached to star as the King Atlantis for the movie, which is swimming towards a July 27, 2018 release.

What is unclear is the extent of Johnson's involvement. The project was being developed on dual tracks with writers Will Beall and Kurt Johnstad penning separate scripts. One source said that Johnson would be a third rail on the development track however several sources said Johnson is working with Wan to streamline the project.

Johnson, whose early breaks included a stint as Frank Darabont's assistant, is a Warners favorite having worked on the studio's Wrath of the Titans and Red Riding Hood. He is also already well acquainted with Wan as he worked on The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Poltergiest, which Wan is currently directing.

David Leslie Johnson Hired to Pen James Wan's Aquaman for Warner Bros. (Exclusive)

Update: June 19, 2015

Rumor: Flash and Aquaman's Cameos in Batman v Superman

Aquaman-Batman-v-Superman-061915-Dragonlord.jpg

Everyone knows that Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice will serve as a soft intro to Zack Snyder's Justice League. With Aquaman, Cyborg, and The Flash cast, many assumed that BvS would tease the League members to some degree, but were unsure of how the film would do it. But thanks to newly surfaced rumors, Batman v Superman's big screen cameos for The Flash and Aquaman may have finally been revealed.

As Heroic Hollywood's Umberto Gonzalez reported, Batman will briefly see The Flash (Ezra Miller) as a blur and an imprisoned Aquaman (Jason Momoa) through various video feeds while infiltrating a Lexcorp/CADMUS facility. Here's how Gonzalez described it, with additional reporting from Daily Superhero:

In the movie, there is a scene where Batman breaks deep into Lexcorp/Cadmus and manages to hack into the Lexcorp computers. Batman brings up surveillance footage on the monitors which shows Ezra Miller's The Flash as a blur that stops a robbery and Jason Momoa's Aquaman being held prisoner in a containment chamber where we see his hand slap against the glass.

Furthermore, according to Gonzalez's sources, Aquaman is being held prisoner by Amanda Waller and is being studied and tested on. That's why Waller is in possession of Aquaman's trident in her trophy case. Aquaman was captured after he fought a mutated shark who is being held in the same prison as he is. The mutated shark is referred to as the King of Sharks. Yes, folks... King Shark. Very cool indeed.

Flash And Aquaman Cameo Details In Batman V Superman Rumored To Be Revealed

Update: June 3, 2015

It's Official: FURIOUS 7's James Wan to Direct AQUAMAN

James-Wan-Director-Dragonlord.jpg

Furious 7 helmer James Wan has closed his deal to direct Aquaman, the Warner Bros film that sets former Conan The Barbarian and Game Of Thrones star Jason Momoa as the sea-dwelling superhero, the reluctant ruler of Atlantis. It brings Wan back to the studio where he made The Conjuring and is working on the sequel, at New Line.

Wan was long rumored to be swimming toward this project, and it gives Warner Bros a proven hitmaker to helm another film in the DC Entertainment slate that includes the upcoming Batman Vs. Superman, Wonder Woman and the Justice League films. In this, Aquaman is caught between a surface world ravaging the sea, and the Atlanteans who are looking to lash out in revolt.

"The Aquaman film will be a major tentpole picture for us and James's span of work has proven him able to take on any manner of project, bringing his incredible creative talent and unique voice to the material," said Warner Bros' Greg Silverman in an announcement.

Wan will oversee the script from Kurt Johnstad, and Charles Roven, Deborah Snyder and Zack Snyder are producing. Warner Bros. has set a July 27, 2018 release date for Aquaman.

'The Conjuring's James Wan Officially to Direct Aquaman Movie Starring Jason Momoa

Update: January 22, 2015

Karl Urban Eyed for AQUAMAN Villain; New Director Contender

Karl-Urban-Aquaman-012215-Dragonlord.jpg

In August, Warner Brothers hired screenwriters Will Beall (Gangster Squad) and Kurt Johnstad (300) to work on competing scripts for their upcoming Aquaman solo film, that will star Jason Momoa (Game Of Thrones) as the King Of The Seven Seas. A few months later, Jeff Nichols' (Take Shelter) name was cited as a possible director, but that information came from a leaked sony email.

Today, Latino Review is reporting that Noam Murro who directed 300: Rise of an Empire is also being considered to direct Aquaman. Murro makes sense as Zack Snyder produced the sequel to 300, and Warner Bros. is said to have been "impressed" with it.

Latino Review also says Karl Urban (Dredd) is being eyed for a role in the film, and casting decisions on Aquaman are being delayed while they wait for him to start and finish filming Star Trek 3. They believe Urban is possibly up for the villain role, but had no details as to who that is.

Noam Murro Could Direct Aquaman; Karl Urban Possibly Up For Villain Role

Comments: At the top of my head, possible Aquaman villain roles that would fit Urban are Black Manta (yeah yeah I know he's black) and Ocean Master.

Update: February 20, 2015

First Official Image of Jason Momoa as AQUAMAN Released

Aquaman-Batman-v-Superman-022015-Dragonlord.jpg

Zack Snyder released through Twitter the first official picture of Jason Momoa as Aquaman from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. The tagline - Unite the Seven - is clearly the callout to the fact that this movie is a prologue to Justice League.

You'll note that Aquaman is covered in tattoos, which seem to be in the shape of fish scales. There's also some tribal work, probably based on Maori body art. And then the big old trident, of course. This isn't your sissy green pantsed, blonde Arthur Curry. This is an Aquaman who will shove your 'call some fish' jokes down your throat.

About "Unite the Seven," the script Badass Digest has read had Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg. There was no seventh in the script, although it's possible that the seventh member of the team - Green Lantern - could be introduced in Justice League. The scripted appearances by Aquaman and The Flash in Batman v Superman are very, very brief - cameos, really - and it would be easy to add Green Lantern in, possibly even with reshoots closer to release.

Zack Snyder Releases First Official Image of Jason Momoa Dressed as Aquaman

Update: December 7, 2014

Jason Momoa Signed on to Four Movies to Play AQUAMAN

Jason-Momoa-Aquaman-120714b-Dragonlord.jpg

After months of rumors of his casting, Jason Momoa was finally confirmed to play Aquaman by Warner Bros. this October. Momoa recently made a panel appearance at Comic Con Experience in Brazil this weekend and revealed a few details on his studio contract and who he wants to direct his Aquaman solo movie.

According to the DCU Twitter account (via CBM), Momoa has signed a contract for four movies to play Aquaman. It's safe to assume that the four movies would consist of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Aquaman movie, Justice League Part 1 and Justice League Part 2. Momoa revealed during the panel that he is a big fan of Zack Snyder and wants the Watchmen director to helm the Aquaman movie. Momoa was cast as Aquaman a "loooong" time before the official release but have to keep his mouth shut (translation: was forced to lie through his teeth).

Momoa avoids questions about appearing in Batman v Superman (meaning, he will but most likely in a cameo capacity). The actor talks about being in a superhero movie is a dream come true. He teases that his Aquaman in the DC Cinematic Universe will be a bad-ass and will silence the skeptics and critics. Lastly, Momoa revealed that if he wasn't cast as Aquaman, he would love to play Lobo.

Update: January 13, 2014

Rumor: Jason Momoa for Aquaman in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN?

Jason-Momoa-Batman-vs-Superman-Dragonlord.jpg

Last month, Jason Momoa was reported to be in negotiations to join Zack Snyer's Batman Vs. Superman in an unspecified role. A few days ago, Momoa told IGN that reports of him involvement with the Man of Steel sequel were "just rumors." As much as people would like to believe Momoa, actors aren't always truthful such was in the case of Paul Rudd's denial of Ant-Man, which was shortly revealed to be hogwash.

Badass Digest was recently told by a trusted source that the role Momoa is up for (but is currently denying) is Aquaman, but it's essentially a cameo setting up the next movie which is said to be Justice League. Momoa's denials could just be a smokescreen intended to protect the surprise nature of the cameo, although if the films are shooting back-to-back we'll know soon enough. Batman Vs. Superman flies into theaters July 17, 2015.

Rumor: Jason Momoa Up for Aquaman Role in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN?

Momoa is going to look strange with his hair dyed blonde.

Momoa is going to look strange with his hair dyed blonde.

More likely he'll be part of their UN Justice League and look nothing like he's supposed to. More bullshit.

Update: January 13, 2014

Rumor: Jason Momoa for Aquaman in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN?

Jason-Momoa-Batman-vs-Superman-Dragonlord.jpg

Last month, Jason Momoa was reported to be in negotiations to join Zack Snyer's Batman Vs. Superman in an unspecified role. A few days ago, Momoa told IGN that reports of him involvement with the Man of Steel sequel were "just rumors." As much as people would like to believe Momoa, actors aren't always truthful such was in the case of Paul Rudd's denial of Ant-Man, which was shortly revealed to be hogwash.

Badass Digest was recently told by a trusted source that the role Momoa is up for (but is currently denying) is Aquaman, but it's essentially a cameo setting up the next movie which is said to be Justice League. Momoa's denials could just be a smokescreen intended to protect the surprise nature of the cameo, although if the films are shooting back-to-back we'll know soon enough. Batman Vs. Superman flies into theaters July 17, 2015.

Rumor: Jason Momoa Up for Aquaman Role in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN?

Nooooooooooo. Why use a guy with that look for aqua man? He could fit in so well in other roles in the superhero universe. He'd make an awesome black adam I think.

Nevermind the rock.

Momoa as Lobo.. That would be awesome..

jhqv.jpg

Why dont they just go ahead and cast the rest of the DC Universe for this bloated turd of a movie?

Where is Swamp Thing? How about they bring back Jonah Hex?
Hell, might as well throw in Dead Man or even Etrigan the Demon while they're at it...

Update: April 25, 2014

Jason Momoa Reportedly Joins BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN Cast

Jason-Momoa-Aquaman-042514b-Dragonlord.jpg

Jason Momoa has been linked to Batman vs. Superman since late last year. Since then, Momoa has denied having any involvement in Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel sequel. He even told MTV’s Josh Horowitz that he could punch him in the face if the rumors were true. Well… it looks like Josh Horowitz gets to punch Jason Momoa in the face! According to Batman-News' source, Momoa signed the dotted line and joined the Batman vs. Superman cast a couple of months ago. There’s no word yet on who Momoa will be playing, but previous rumors have tied him to Aquaman.

Last January, Badass Digest was recently told by a trusted source that the role Momoa is up for is Aquaman, but it's essentially a cameo setting up the next movie which is said to be Justice League. Momoa's denials could just be a smokescreen intended to protect the surprise nature of the cameo, although if the films are shooting back-to-back we'll know soon enough. Batman Vs. Superman flies into theaters July 17, 2015.

Jason Momoa Reportedly Joins BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN Cast, Possibly Playing Aquaman

Not sure if I'm feeling Momoa as Aquaman. I think he could be a good Lobo

Drogo? Damn, Marvel should have snagged him up for Namor. At least Aquaman won't be wussified like in the old Super Friends cartoons.

DC really going for the gusto on this one; they should just call it Justice League.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back