James White Deserves Superbowl MVP...

Jay Cutler would have to be another person to have a game like that.

Oh, I know it's waaaaaaay out there, but pretend (try reeeeeeeally hard and pretend) that the Bears won the SB with Jay Cutler having that performance. Howard would have won MVP.

Are you talking about passer rating or ESPN's stupid QBR?
Peyton certainly didn't deserve it in SB41 and he had a rating of only 81.8 (25/38, 247 yards, 1 touchdown, 1 interception).

Passer rating. Wasn't that the one where there was no clear standout player, so they said fuck it and gave it to the QB since it was Peyton Manning?

Peyton certainly didn't deserve it in SB41 and he had a rating of only 81.8 (25/38, 247 yards, 1 touchdown, 1 interception).

Fucking Bears.

All they had to do in that game was keep feeding Thomas Jones. But nope, let's put the game in Rex Grossmans small hands during a fucking monsoon and see what happens.

Passer rating. Wasn't that the one where there was no clear standout player, so they said fuck it and gave it to the QB since it was Peyton Manning?

Should've made Grossman an honorary Colt for that game and given him the MVP for handing the ball over to the Colts like 47 times.

Namath got it with 83.3. Eli (first time) with 87.3. Len Dawson with 91.8.

True. Plus Brady's passer rating was 95.2, which isn't bad at all.

True. Plus Brady's passer rating was 95.2, which isn't bad at all.
Passer rating is far from perfect anyhow. A dude who only throws 20 times but has 15 completions has a higher rating than a dude who has to throw like 60 times with over 40 completions.

He had the 40th highest QB rating in SB history
Passing yards is one of the more overrated stats out there. Kirk Cousins thew for like 8,000 yards this season. Is it any surprise that someone had the most passing yards in the super-pass heavy era of the NFL on about 212 attempts?

Who had the 40th highest rating? Tom Brady? I'd love to see where you pulled that from.

Passer rating is far from perfect anyhow. A dude who only throws 20 times but has 15 completions has a higher rating than a dude who has to throw like 60 times with over 40 completions.

His QBR was almost 80.

Namath got it with 83.3. Eli (first time) with 87.3. Len Dawson with 91.8.

Who knew that some kid with down syndrome would be the only QB to be able to beat the Brady-era Pats in the SB?

You got to be a stupid mother Fucker to think that... no offence.

Brady threw for 466 yards for fucks sake. He marched them down the field down 8, scored then got the 2 point conversion. THEN... he marched them down the field and scored a touchdown for the win. He scored 31 straight points after being down 28-3 in the second half to win his 5th superbowl... fuck off because either you are a troll or too stupid to even even discuss this with.

Who had the 40th highest rating? Tom Brady? I'd love to see where you pulled that from.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's true because some of the dudes who have a higher rating only threw the ball like 20 times.

No one here uses QBR. ESPN won't even show the formula for it.

You said rating doesn't tell the story. QBR is based on each situation the pass was thrown. It's a total measure of the game. 50 is average.

It wasn't just dumb luck by JE11 on that catch. It took an amazing amount of concentration and will. JE11 is the real deal. Underrated and underpaid. Takes nothing away from White. He had the best game besides Brady. But they don't win that game without Brady. His passer rating in the 4th quarter and overtime was insane.
Underpaid? Definitely
Underrated? No way. He is held up as a god in New England and is a legit celebrity despite having a history of drops. I've had batshit bias NE Fans (i'm an NE fan) try to claim he was one of the "top 5-10 in the league", which is laughable.

LOL, you spent the the first half crying about the refs, then disappeared as the Pats fall even further behind and then conveniently reappeared once the Pats came back, you Brady cuck.
Yeah keep parroting cuck; it really makes you look smart and edgy. (I even stated in this thread I didn't think he was the MVP).
You were completely wrong and I stopped posting a) because there was nothing more to be said to your ignorant ass. b) because the came seemed to be reffed well thereafter (I actually thought the refs fucked up at first with that Edelman miracle) and c) because I have actual friends who came over for the 2nd half.
Keep pretending that someone else not quoting your retardation for a period of 60 minutes makes you any less of an ass or fool for claiming those early calls we discussed were correct and/or didn't affect the outcome of a hell of a football team between two awesome teams.

Underpaid? Definitely
Underrated? No way. He is held up as a god in New England and is a legit celebrity despite having a history of drops. I've had batshit bias NE Fans (i'm an NE fan) try to claim he was one of the "top 5-10 in the league", which is laughable.
I haven't lived in NE for over 6 years now, so I'm going off of how he's perceived by football fans overall, football pundits nationwide, etc. A lot of people act like he's an average receiver at best propped up by Brady. By the way, if he leaves the Pats in a few years and doesn't do all that well, maybe it's because he would be past his prime and not because he always sucked.

Back