James White Deserves Superbowl MVP...

I haven't lived in NE for over 6 years now, so I'm going off of how he's perceived by football fans overall, football pundits nationwide, etc. A lot of people act like he's an average receiver at best propped up by Brady. By the way, if he leaves the Pats in a few years and doesn't do all that well, maybe it's because he would be past his prime and not because he always sucked.
I haven't lived in New England in 10 years either though.
He was in Entourage, has a national Puma sponsorship, and probably the guy on the pats the cameras cut to the most besides Brady.
He is a great role receiver who has flaws enough to make him somewhere in the top 50 receivers, and valuable enough in the pats system to gain extra praise. The NFL is loaded with talented guys who can catch footballs and run well.

White had a great game, but he was one of many catching balls, Bennett, Edelman, Amendola, Mitchell also had some important catches. White did well in the red zone after Blount got quarantined too, which sets him apart. Brady took over late, all eyes on him, and had huge numbers. It was an easy choice.

Is this just anger sbout Brady standing alone among big game quarterbacks now? 5 rings, 4sb mvps, does that bother people?

It's not really an argument. Brady was the reason they won. The pick he threw was redundant when it happened and when the game was over. He was on fire in OT.

It's not really an argument. Brady was the reason they won. The pick he threw was redundant when it happened and when the game was over. He was on fire in OT.

I don't think you know what "redundant" means.

Your "GOAT" has spoken

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/t...again-this-time-to-james-white-165502281.html

“I think James White deserves it; it would be nice for him,” Brady said at his MVP press conference – at which he gamely smiled and posed with NFL commissioner/personal nemesis Roger Goodell when handed the large silver football MVP trophy. “But it took a real team effort; there were so many plays. I got back to my room last night and it was pretty late and I was still pretty wired, so I watched the highlights and you go through the sequence of all those plays and how many critical plays that had to be made… It was just a great team performance. I’m so proud of this team, we faced a lot of adversity over the year and overcame with a lot of mental toughness.”

I know exactly what it means. The pick was meaningless at the time and meaningless in the end.

Just to make it clear though, redundant doesn't mean meaningless, but I get what you were saying.

Brady, over the last few years, has always played well after throwing a dumb pick. In 2014, he did it quite often and we won the Superbowl that year too. I'd rather he'd play awesome without picks, but sometimes he plays mediocre the whole game without picks. If he throws a pick, nowadays, I know he'll bring it the rest of the game.

Coulda gone either way. I know white set records too. But how do you not give a guy who orchestrated the greatest comeback in sb history the mvp? Was epic either way.

Hey TS at least Bomani Jones agrees with you (wonder why)

LMAO

Stop being a baby back bitch, this is what Brady does passes the praise. And you don't need the word GOAT in parentheses either.

Wish all the Brady/Pats haters would get together and just drink the Kool Aid.
You sound upset

and they're quotes, not parentheses.

You sound upset

and they're quotes, not parentheses.

Not even close to upset, just sick of squids like yourself.

Bow down to your lord and savior Tom Brady, and accept his GOATness.

No idea why i said parentheses, i'm blaming lack of sleep.

Last edited:
Yeah keep parroting cuck; it really makes you look smart and edgy. (I even stated in this thread I didn't think he was the MVP).
You were completely wrong and I stopped posting a) because there was nothing more to be said to your ignorant ass. b) because the came seemed to be reffed well thereafter (I actually thought the refs fucked up at first with that Edelman miracle) and c) because I have actual friends who came over for the 2nd half.
Keep pretending that someone else not quoting your retardation for a period of 60 minutes makes you any less of an ass or fool for claiming those early calls we discussed were correct and/or didn't affect the outcome of a hell of a football team between two awesome teams.

Are all of your posts full of so much shit? Completely wrong about what? You keep inventing shit that never happened. I even told your simpleton ass that the Pats weren't out of the game and could come back while your crybaby ass could only cry about the refs because you thought they were going to lose and needed excuses. I'm very impressed you have 'actual friends'. Too bad they didn't give enough of a shit to come over for the full game, but I guess they can only stand so much of your whiny emo ass before they have to bail.

Too many gaylord cucks vote so Brady won while anyone who with a clue knows it should have been James White.

Only Patriot who showed up in the first 3 quarters, 3 TDs, game-winning TD, had a SB record, bailed Brady's ass out, and didn't throw a godawful pick-6 that should have cost his team the game. Though, they should have changed the award to Biggest Chokejob and gave it to the Failcans.
Other receivers like Edelman and Hogan drew the coverage of the Falcon's top defensive players.

Brady deserves it because he spread the ball around so third, fourth and fifth options like Amendola, Mitchell and White were able to come up big.

This is true... it's amazing how much more valuable some defensive players are than the QB. Von Miller won the Super Bowl for the Broncos and Ray Lewis led the Ravens back in the day.

Even when the Colts beat the Bears, Bob Sanders deserved that MVP honor just as much if not more than Manning.
Yeah, Bob Sanders deserved it covering against Rex Grossman than Manning did against playing the best defense in the league that year. And the Colts D "carried" him even though he played against 3 elite defenses (Bears, Patriots, and Ravens) and another tough defense in Kansas City. Whereas the only good offense they faced (the Patriots) the Colts gave up over 30 points and it took a great second half comeback orchestrated by Manning to win the game.

Derp.

Yeah, Bob Sanders deserved it covering against Rex Grossman than Manning did against playing the best defense in the league that year. And the Colts D "carried" him even though he played against 3 elite defenses (Bears, Patriots, and Ravens) and another tough defense in Kansas City. Whereas the only good offense they faced (the Patriots) the Colts gave up over 30 points and it took a great second half comeback orchestrated by Manning to win the game.

Derp.
What do all of those other games have to do with who the best player of the super bowl is?

hurr durr

What do all of those other games have to do with who the best player of the super bowl is?

hurr durr
So how was Bob Sanders the best player of that Super Bowl? He wasn't even the best on the Colt's defense. Kelvin Hayden had a pick 6 and more tackles.

Derp.

So how was Bob Sanders the best player of that Super Bowl? He wasn't even the best on the Colt's defense. Kelvin Hayden had a pick 6 and more tackles.

Derp.
One could argue that Sanders tackles/plays were of more importance, especially the one that caused the fumble.. not to mention the pick he had in that game.

The whole point of all of this is.. the QB isn't always the most deserving of the MVP. Manning played well.. the defense, namely Sanders played great.

At the end of the day, it was ten fucking years ago and the Colts won. That's what matters. They came back and beat the Patriots which was probably my favorite game to date.. probably a thousand times more satisfying that watching them beat the sorry ass Bears. That Pats game Peyton deserved an MVP for because I haven't been able to savor many Colts victories over this stupid NE team and Brady. So if you want to bring up the playoffs in it's entirety.. sure I'd give Manning the MVP based off of that Pats game alone.

Now I guess I have to deal with Luck losing to the Pats for a while.

Back