2017 SF 49ers : New Regime

NewbZor

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
kyle-jed-john-twitter.jpg

More excited then I should be over a couple of first timers.

“He’s very good at what he does and I hate losing him. But I also know that it’s a great opportunity for him as far as the responsibilities that he was going to gain in San Francisco. But also I know that he’s going to be able to go and help John.
“If it was anyone else, I probably wouldn’t have. But I know it’s a great opportunity for Adam and he’ll be a tremendous help to John.”

Also thought this was interesting - Lynch not being hated by everyone is already helping us out. And man people are saying Peters is going to be doing a lot of the day to day Gm stuff. Not that Lynch won't be running the team, but Peters is probably running the draft, etc

Lynch hires another former GM to work under him Mayhew

Hey, it's better to bottom out for a few years some times. Vs going 6-10/7-9 every season

I hope John Lynch does a good job since he's my favorite player of all time but not when they play the Bucs.

my 2017 49ers wishlist:

Chandler Jones
A.J. Bouye
Kendall Wright

Also seen some mocks having them drafting Solomon Thomas out of Stanford at 2. Didn't really see much tape on him besides his game against Oregon.

Jags lb coach signed as DC. Already speculation that he will be short term and they will make a run at Vic next year. I don't see that as a possibility if they convert to a 4-3 (what this dude has always worked in)

Jags lb coach signed as DC. Already speculation that he will be short term and they will make a run at Vic next year. I don't see that as a possibility if they convert to a 4-3 (what this dude has always worked in)

Buck and Arik in the middle of 4-3 similar to Young and Stubblefield?

Not sure how they fit in a 4-3 under. It's like both would be a fit to play the 5 tech but nothing else

4-3 under wants/predictions

LEO - Lynch : Probably need to upgrade this unless he breaks out, but he is our "premier" edge pass rusher
3 Tech - Buckner - Best interior pass rusher, but has proven to be productive as the 5 tech. I still hope he sticks here || Armstead might get spotted here..
2 gap NT - Dorsey or Williams. Basically the same as a NT, lines up over center
5 Tech - I would prefer it to be Armstead. Strong side run stopper, not going to get the same opportunities to rush the passer. Wasting talent having Buckner here IMO
SAM - Ahmad brooks for one more year? He will be exposed in coverage, don't have many other options though
MIKE - Bowman
WILL - Ray Ray - Probably one of the better fits for this scheme on the team..

Didn't Brooks play some SAM while he was with the Bunguls? Anyway, completely agree he will get exploited in coverage.

Not a fan of Earl Mitchell, especially at that price tag. It's nice to actually land a free agent, but he is a downgrade from Dorsey

They just signed Pierre Garcon.

Hopefully another wideout gets signed

Cut bum ass Marcus Martin, I like the new regime cleaning house.

i'm just worried that they are handing out these pretty big contracts. Garcon & Mitchell @ $16mil/each

i'm just worried that they are handing out these pretty big contracts. Garcon & Mitchell @ $16mil/each
If they are front loading these deals with all the guarantees being this year, I love it. Supposedly the Mitchell deal is 5.5M this year, and no dead money left on it the other 3. Paying Garcon 16M this year and 6 next is smart, especially if it's a longer deal.

We have 100M to spend, might as well use it this year without hurting the future at all, and it can lead to guys being signed for less then they are worth in the future.

Gotcha. Makes sense. I didn't get to read the details of their contracts, just saw that they we're paying Garcon a hefty amount

Who's next? Desean? Alshon?

Back