Don't Open 'Til Doomsday!!!

3/4

deadlift
205 x 3
245 x 3
285 x 10 @ 8 w/ belt
160 x 10 x 5

- Straps for all work sets. Right hand felt better than it has in a very long time. I got a set of 185 x 5 DOH for warm up in and it wasn't terrible.

DB row
80 x 25

- Straps

Notes
I have to take some time off from work and move back to my childhood home to take care of a sick relative. I don't know how consistent my lifting/BJJ is going to be. I'm going to try to get in a little training here and there when I can just to help me relax and stay healthy. Eating hasn't been too consistent unfortunately. Maybe it's stress, but I've been averaging two meals a day and they aren't huge. Probably in a 500-750 calorie deficit daily.

deadlift
240 x 3
270 x 3
300 x 10 @ 8 w/ belt

- My hand/forearm feeling even better. I pulled a warm up set of 225 x 1 DOH, then switched to hook for two more reps. But a month ago that would not have been possible. It's SLOWLY getting better. Used straps for all work sets.

back extension
bw x 10 x 5

- Just didn't feel like doing 10x5 deads...

DB row
85 x 25 2/ straps

Notes
I think I mentioned that I've been dealing with some cauliflower ear for about 6 or 7 weeks now. It blows up a little, I take a few days off it goes down, I roll again and the cycle continues. Well, I hurt it pretty bad the other day and I think it's time for headgear. I literally can not roll without it now. It's too painful. I had a lot of trouble draining it. I got about 2 insulin syringes worth of blood out but couldn't find anymore despite sticking it like 5 or 6 times. Wifey made me go to urgent care and they said go to ER. I'm currently at home attending to a family crisis and just don't have the time, or energy to hang out in the ER all day long just so slice my ear open, then it takes like 3 weeks to heal. I'm icing it, taking NSAIDS and buying headgear.

press
95 x 3
115 x 3
125 x 5

- Shoulder did not feel great.

Arnold press
30 x 10 x 5

Notes
I've gotten about 6 needles full of blood out of my ear every morning. It almost looks normal now.

My skin would always tear when I got cauliflower ear, I hated it at the time, but in hindsight it let everything drain out and my ears are only slightly deformed now instead of being bricks like many of my former teammates.

deadlift
215 x 5
245 x 5
280 x 10 @ 6 w/ belt

RDL
95 x 10 x 5

DB row
90 x 25/10/5

My skin would always tear when I got cauliflower ear, I hated it at the time, but in hindsight it let everything drain out and my ears are only slightly deformed now instead of being bricks like many of my former teammates.

Do you mean you drained it? This cauli I have is weird. IDK if you can tell from the pic but the blood pocket is actually between my head and ear, not on the surface. I have to find a teeny tiny pocket in the inside of my ear and stick the needle there to pull blood from the back. It's beena tricky process and I think i got like 90% of the blood out, which sucks because my ear looks visibly deformed now. What was once an innie is now and outie. I grew a clit on my ear :(

3/26

deadlift
295 x 10 @ 6

lunges
bar x 10 x 3

two arm DB row
45 x 10 x 3

DB row
100 x 25

nice clit ear bro

3/28

low bench press machine
45s x 10 x 5

fly machine
15 x 3

3/30

high bench press machine
25 x 10 x 5

fly machine
15 x 2

ab machine
20 x 6

A few days ago

trap bar deadlift
185 x 5 x 3

low press machine
45 x 10 x 3

fly machine
15 x 1

A few days after that

fly machine
20 x 4

upper press machine
25 x 10 x 3

trap bar deadlift high handle
315 x 5

- rogue bar, probably more like 335. Off 45-lb bumpers

DB row
75 x 25

trap bar deadlift
315 x 1 x 4 w/ belt

- Rogue bar

football bar bench press
135 x 8

parallel grip pull up
bw x 15

sauna
10 minutes

Notes

- For the past couple of weeks I've been eating pretty strict "paleo" (except for my wife's birthday) and playing around with intermittent fasting/coconut oil breakfast type thing. I've been dipping into and out of ketosis here and there but it really isn't the goal. Macros most days are something like 145/125/50, F/P/C, and on work days I usually go for 125/125/100. Around 2,000 calories. I don't lift heavy anymore and I only train BJJ like once or twice a week so a small caloric deficit and funky diet won't be a big deal. I do want to see if I can get more adapted to burning fat than carbs. Whenever I try a low carb diet I always seem to drag ass and never get over the two or three week "hump". But I'm doing things a little differently now. Watching salt, potassium, magnessium etc.

kettlebell swing -> clean & jerk -> pull up
35 x 10/9/8 ->

mobility
full squat x 3 minutes
pigeon pose on box x 3 minute per leg
elbow to floor split x 3 minutes per leg

Notes
- Went full crossfit today. IDK, just got a wild hair up my ass and felt like swangin a kettlebell.
- That macro ratio I had in the post before this I held onto for a few weeks but I felt I needed more carbs for BJJ. I just didn't have the pep I wanted. Ratio is now 40/30/30, F/P/C. So maybe only like 40 more grams of carbs per day but makes a difference during jits

5/5

football bar bench press
95 x 15 x 3

trap bar deadlift
345 x 1 x 2

PG pullup
bw x 15

FB BP
130 x 10 @ 9
90 x 15 x 2

- Actual weight. Rogue multigrip bar(football bar) = 40-lbs

TB DL
w/ belt
330 x 1
370 x 1 @ 8
330 x 1

- OK, so I'll stop being lazy with math and log the actual weight. Rogue trap bar = 60-lbs.

PG PU
bw x 15

Notes:

- Hurt my neck pretty bad at BJJ a week ago. Three days of my life just gone. Could barely move or sleep. Scared the shit out of me. One of the reasons I took such a logn break from BJJ in the first place was because the doctors told me I have degenerative discs in my neck. So I think this is going to be the start of another long break from BJJ. I'll use the extra time/energy/money to get better at my actual career as a ranger/EMT. I put in the paper work to volunteer at a local EMS company. I don't get enough calls at the park to become a better EMT imo. Maybe some ambulance ride time here and there will help. I also started rock climbing recreationally, with the intent to become better at rope rescue stuff. I don't necessarily have much of an interest in climbing anymore, but it's a big part of my job just like EMS and I don't practice it enough. I went out the last two days climbing. Once with a paid guide to "show me the ropes" of top roping, and once with a friend. Just doing basic anchor building and practicing knots over and over. Climbed like a dozen routes everywhere from 5.6-5.8+. I was surprised I could finish 5.8 without too much difficulty.

football bar press
75 x 5
90x 5
100 x 5
40 x 10 x 5

- Pretty bad twinge on last rep w/ 100. Thought it would be light enough for that not to happen

parallel grip pull up
bw x 10 x 3

L sit up
bw x 10 x 3

BW 169

squat
225 x 5 x 5
- w/ belt. Very easy but instant hamstring and ab DOMS lol

football bar press
95 x 5 x 3
- Major shoulder impingement. Just cut em short of 5 x 5. Benching with football bar has been ok so I'll just stick to that?

deadlift
275 x 5
- w/ belt, DOH

chin up
25 x 10 x 2
- idk

Last edited:
5/24

squat

235 x 5 x 3

bench press
135 x 5 x 3