Snooker World Championship 2017

Goonerview

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Did see a thread on this. Anyone else been watching it?

Been some good games so far, I'm a huge Ronnie fan, so was gutted that he got knocked out in the quarter finals.

The semis as they stand is:

Selby 5 v 3 Ding

Higgins 5 v 3 Hawkins

I personally, think whoever wins the Selby v Ding match wins the tournament. Both have been playing really well. I think Higgins will probably beat Hawkins (he's just much better). But, Higgins is past his prime and will lose to Selby/Ding winner.

Most probable outcome is Selby to win.

Wouldn't mind seeing Higgins win, because he's a legend. I wouldn't mind seeing Ding win, but he is good enough and is one of the best players to never win it.

Updated scores:

Selby 12 v 12 Ding

Higgins 10 v 6 Hawkins.

Selby/Ding is looking like a tough game to call. Ding has momentum on his side, but it's a marathon, not a sprint and Selby is a great competitor and won't go down easily.

As expected, Higgins is beating Hawkins. He is just simply the better player, more experience, won more trophies. I have no doubt, Higgins will be in the final. But, I predict the winner of Selby/Ding will win the whole thing.

Selby beats Higgins pretty handily at this point.

Ding would be favoured over Higgins, but it would be a lot closer, as Ding has never won a world championship. The pressure for him would be immense. Higgins has won is a few times in his long career.

I wanted Ronnie to win, maybe next year!

Back in 79 I gave Chief Jay Strongbow a handjob while Wahoo McDaniels was sucking my cock.

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
is this like pool?
round balls on a felt covered slate, rubberized banking walls?

Hillbilly Jim was a man of the people. I saw him rassle in Mobile one night and we went to a bar after and we were drinking beers. We went into the bathroom I sucked his cock, it was huge. The guy was just a real good sport at all that shit, I loved him. Big pecker too man, he face-fucked me like a wild animal

Ding did really well. Nearly beat Selby in the semis.

Selby vs. Higgins is the final it seems, I have Selby all day.

Ding did really well. Nearly beat Selby in the semis.

Selby vs. Higgins is the final it seems, I have Selby all day.

Ding is up there as one of the best in the world and played well, but Selby is still just a bit better and performs in the big games.

I have Selby beating Higgins, too. Higgins beat Hawkins pretty handily, but he is past his prime and is apparently getting used to playing with a new cue. In this year, Selby is better and will win 18-12 IMO.

The Jester from Leicester! He gets a lot of hate from the fans, but he's a talented player.

lol @ some of the random comments in this thread ><

Ding is up there as one of the best in the world and played well, but Selby is still just a bit better and performs in the big games.

I have Selby beating Higgins, too. Higgins beat Hawkins pretty handily, but he is past his prime and is apparently getting used to playing with a new cue. In this year, Selby is better and will win 18-12 IMO.

The Jester from Leicester! He gets a lot of hate from the fans, but he's a talented player.

He gets a lot of hate from Ronnie's fans, which boiled over when Selby beat him in 2014 and prevented O'Sullivan of getting to just one WC title from Hendry.

Selby is the most complete, mentally toughest player in a long while...his safety, laying and escaping snookers, patience, long balls and clearance ability make him incredibly tough to beat in a long format.

Ding played unreal snooker in the semis and still came up short. It's going to be interesting to see whether playing that well, and staying strong mentally throughout the match yet still losing will motivate Ding for next year or he'll drop downthe rankings like two years ago.

Yeah I play......role that fucking ball.......played with people

lol at this dive bar activity getting its own thread. I'd probably shut these clowns out with hilarious ease, even after getting brutally intoxicated.

is this like pool?
round balls on a felt covered slate, rubberized banking walls?
Only with more balls which are smaller with smaller pockets on a bigger table, so in other words, a harder game.

lol at this dive bar activity getting its own thread. I'd probably shut these clowns out with hilarious ease, even after getting brutally intoxicated.
lol, when I was younger and we all hung out at one bar or another in NY, I always played my best pool when smashed. never could explain it but I was awesome when shitfaced.

As if this got a thread on Sherdog haha. See it failed hard.

Lost interest after Judd got fucked over. And then my boy Liang lost.

Thanks for posting this. I had forgotten all about it. I was able to find a replay of the final on youtube. I'm going to watch all 13 hours. :)

He seems to have changed it, but for a time he had a style that was extremely fan-unfriendly.
I haven't seriously followed snooker for a long time because of the time difference between here and the UK and because of the lack of coverage here. Too bad. I love the game. There isn't even a decent table around here anymore.

Update: I've managed to watch the first half. It was fascinating to watch Selby screw up his determination to finish well. I appreciated the announcers mentioning the grueling matches they've both already had. Fatigue certainly helps explain some of their misses. Pressure is also a factor, of course, but in the first session, their misses seemed to bother them more than one might have come to expect.

Back