The Official Sherdog Shoop Tutorial & Template Thread

@bigwaverider @LouisBolanos or anyone else that can help. :D

Hey guyz... I'm working with Photoshop CS6 & out of nowhere my brush tool stopped covering completely. Maybe I clicked an option by accident but I can't find it.

When I'm not on a mask... the brush tool should cover what I paint completely... but it's coming out opaque. This is effecting my masking as well. When I paint in a mask with black, it's supposed to erase what I'm painting... but like the 1st example... it's doing some kind of opaque thing.

I had to finish up my contest entry shoop while working around this... but now I'm trying to shoop in the thread & this problem is a major pain in the ass that I can't figure out. Do you guyz know what got changed? It has been working fine until lately.

Try resetting the brush tool. I'm using CC2017 so it might be a little different, but the button is highlighted here.

7mmV9xO.jpg

Try resetting the brush tool. I'm using CC2017 so it might be a little different, but the button is highlighted here.

7mmV9xO.jpg
Thank you bro... actually to the right of there it has a slider for "Opaquity" & that somehow got slid to 40%... Not sure why I didn't see that... or how it got changed to begin with... trying to work too fast I reckon. I figured it waz something simple I wazn't seeing... thanx bro!

Thank you bro... actually to the right of there it has a slider for "Opaquity" & that somehow got slid to 40%... Not sure why I didn't see that... or how it got changed to begin with... trying to work too fast I reckon. I figured it waz something simple I wazn't seeing... thanx bro!

I was just going to suggest opacity. Glad you got it sorted out.

Sherdog shoop template database
Imgur account URL: Sherdog Shoop Template Database

Find the template album of a particular fighter, personality etc. by hitting "Ctrl + F" and typing the name of the person in the search box. Birth name only, no nicknames.

The albums are organized according to the following rules:

1. One album per fighter. If a template includes multiple fighters who cannot be separated, the template will be filed under the album of the "winning" fighter: e.g. a template containing Jon Jones and Machida is filed under Jon's album; a template containing Nate and Conor in their first fight is filed under Nate's album. If multiple fighters/personalities are present and "winning" isn't applicable, The template will be filed under the "Group" album - for example, a template containing Woodley and Wonderboy.

2. Fighter albums include the fighter and objects he or she is closely associated with. For example, Fedor's album includes templates of his sweater; Khabib's album includes templates of his hat/papakha, Amanda Nunes' album includes templates of her lioness mask, Gilbert Melendez's includes his Giblert Melendez Reebok uniform, ec.

3. Non-fighter who are involved with the MMA community, e.g. promoters, referees, journalists, coaches, wives etc. are filed under individual personality albums. WWE personalities are also included here as a single album.

4. For simplicity, fighters are listed by their birth names not nicknames. Do not use nicknames to search for a fighter's album - e.g. "Donald Cerrone" instead of "Cowboy", "Maurício Rua" instead of "Shogun". Oriental fighters follow Western tradition of first name - last name, e.g. Hyun Gyu Lim not Lim Hyun Gyu.

5. Sherdog member templates are filed under the "Sherdog Related" album.

FIGHTER TEMPLATES A-Z
*Note: all albums are in grid view, which can sometimes cause difficulty when copying the URL of particularly small templates. If that happens, switch to list view by removing "/layout/grid" at the end of the album URL.

Group
AJ Garcia
Al Iaquinta
Alan Belcher
Alan Jouban
Alex Caceres
Alex Nicholson
Alexa Grasso
Alexander Gustafsson
Alistair Overeem
Amanda Nunes
Anderson Silva
Andrei Arlovski
Anthony Hamilton
Anthony Johnson
Anthony Perosh
Anthony Pettis
Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira
Antônio Silva
Artem Lobov
B.J. Penn
Bec Rawlings
Ben Askren
Ben Rothwell
Ben Saunders
Benson Henderson
Bethe Correia
Bobby Green
Brad Pickett
Brandon Vera
Brendan Schaub
Brian Ortega
Brock Lesnar
Cain Velasquez
Carla Esparza
Carlos Condit
Chad Mendes
Chael Sonnen
Cheick Kongo
Chris Weidman
Chuck Liddell
Clay Guida
CM Punk Phil Brooks
Cody Garbrandt
Cody Pfister
Colby Covington
Conor McGregor
Cristiane Justino
Cristina Stanciu
Cung Le
Dan Henderson
Dan Kelly
Daniel Cormier
Danny Castillo
Darren Elkins
David Teymur
Demetrious Johnson
Demian Maia
Derrick Lewis
Diego Sanchez
Dustin Poirier
Dominick Cruz
Donald Cerrone
Ed Herman
Eddie Alvarez
Edson Barboza
Fabricio Werdum
Fedor Emelianenko
Forrest Griffin
Francis Ngannou
Frank Mir
Frankie Edgar
Gabriel Gonzaga
Gadzhimurad Antigulov
Gegard Mousasi
Georges St-Pierre
Gilbert Melendez
Gleison Tibau
Heather Jo Clark
Henry Cejudo
Holly Holm
Hyun Gyu Lim
Ilir Latifi
Jake Ellenberger
Jake Shields
Jeremy Stephens
Jessica Penne
Jimi Manuwa
Joanna Jedrzejczyk
Joe Lauzon
Joeseph Benavidez
John Dodson
John Howard
John Lineker
Johny Hendricks
Jon Jones
Jose Aldo
Josh Barnett
Josh Koscheck
Julianna Peña
Junior Dos Santos
Justin Gaethje
K.J. Noons
Kazushi Sakuraba
Kelvin Gastelum
Kevin Lee
Khabib Nurmagomedov
Lando Vannata
Luke Rockhold
Lyoto Machida
Marcin Tybura
Mark Coleman
Mark Hunt
Matt Hamill
Matt Mitrione
Matt Serra
Maurício Rua
Max Holloway
Melvin Guillard
Michael Bisping
Michael Johnson
Michelle Waterson
Mickey Gall
Miesha Tate
Mike Perry
Mirko Filipovic
Mirsad Bektic
Nate Diaz
Neil Magny
Nick Diaz
Nikita Krylov
Nordine Taleb
Paige VanZant
Pat Barry
Paul Craig
Paul Felder
Paul Thiago
Pedro Munhoz
Quinton Jackson
Rafael Cavalcante
Rafael dos Anjos
Rashad Evans
Rich Franklin
Rick Story
Robbie Lawler
Ronda Rousey
Rory MacDonald
Rose Namajunas
Ross Pearson
Roy Nelson
Ryan Bader
Sage Northcutt
Sara McMann
Shane Carwin
Shinya Aoki
Stefan Struve
Stephan Bonnar
Stephen Thompson
Stipe Miocic
T.J. Dillashaw
Terry Etim
Thiago Silva
Tim Kennedy
Tim Sylvia
Tito Ortiz
Todd Duffee
Tony Ferguson
Travis Browne
Tyron Woodley
Urijah Faber
Valentina Shevchenko
Vitor Belfort
Wanderlei Silva
Yoel Romero
Yves Edwards
Zabit Magomedsharipov

Last edited:
TSexy and Creepy TS is all I know. Searches did not yield original threads. TSexy is the backpack guy, posted a pick saying he met Urijah Faber. Other dude was just creeper as all F....

TSexy and Creepy TS is all I know. Searches did not yield original threads. TSexy is the backpack guy, posted a pick saying he met Urijah Faber. Other dude was just creeper as all F....

Ah yes! It's all coming back to me now. Good times. I miss F7. <{boneytears}>

Every day I am missing F7.... Every day.....
@LouisBolanos @bigwaverider

H01VeLe.png
is @Heatseeka (or at least it's his av)

I'm pretty sure these ones were Sherdoggers who posted their pics back in the F7 days:
sCJAd5J.png

h1OnNqD.png

SE9FUOM.png

Maybe @SheetsMMAfan or @BobbyD963 can help identify them.
Thank you guys. That was what I thought but I needed confirmation. I'll put these under the "Sherdog related" album. I thought about creating individual albums for each Sherdogger but I think that is a bit overkill.

Great stuff here, thanks for the tutorials everyone. I'll try some things for fun.

Wassup with these Black Brits trying to act so tough at the weigh ins? Is this normal at the weigh ins?

Foos are trying too mich.

They better win their fights or I don't want to see them fight anymore... Hate foos from any race that try act tough but can't fight or strike.

Interesting info here, if I ever get the feels for trying this out.. this is the place to come in and get info on how to do shoops.

How to make an "If They Mated" shoop

Angela Magana + Marc Diakiese in real-time

NOTE: This tutorial is for Photoshop, but the same principles would apply to other programs.
  1. Choose images of the people you want to "mate" where both are in a similar pose. Images with transparent backgrounds are easier.
  2. Open both images as layers in the same Photoshop document. Layer order doesn't really matter, but I usually put the person whose hair I plan to use as the bottom layer.
  3. Add a layer mask to each layer.
  4. Change the opacity of the top layer to 50%.
  5. Align facial features. Scale or rotate layers if necessary to better align the layers.
  6. Change the opacity of the top layer back to 100%.
  7. Make sure the top layer mask is selected.
  8. Use the brush tool to remove features for the top layer/reveal features from the bottom layer. If you're not familiar with how layer masks work, they're a non-destructive way to remove parts of a layer. Coloring with a black brush makes that section of the layer transparent. Coloring with white makes it opaque. Using a brush with a hardness of zero is better for blending skin tones. An example of when to use a harder brush would be if you're using one person's jawline, and the other's neck.
  9. Play around with different combinations of facial features until you're happy with the results.
  10. Create adjustment layers to match the skin tones. I usually start with Brightness/Contrast, which sometimes is all you need. It's easier to make light skin darker than dark skin lighter. The only other color correction techniques I use are Hue/Saturation and Vibrance. Color correction always takes some trial and error. Use whatever techniques you find easiest.

So what is this place exactly? Are all Shoops supposed to go here or after they have run their course?

I just started using Kitra, is gimp much better?
Gimp is better for shooping. Krita is better for digital painting. If you want more tools to edit existing images, switch to Gimp. If you want better brush selection and a better interface to create your own drawings/paintings, stick with Krita.

Great thread! Looks like I have lots to learn, but you guys make it look less daunting!

Hoping to be able to make decent animated gif shops in the near future!

THANKS!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back