SNES Classic

Dizzy

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nintendo officially announced the SNES Classic with a price and release date.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/06/26/super-nes-classic-edition-announced-and-dated

$79 and releases on 9/29

Excellent lineup of games and it includes Star Fox 2 which has never been released. Also comes with two controllers.

• Contra III: The Alien Wars
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • EarthBound
  • Final Fantasy III
  • F-ZERO
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Mega Man X
  • Secret of Mana
  • Star Fox
  • Star Fox 2
  • Street Fighter® II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Punch-Out!!
  • Yoshi’s Island
Hopefully Nintendo learned some lessons about supply but I'm not holding my breath.

Hopefully Nintendo learned some lessons about supply but I'm not holding my breath.

I won't either.

However, if I get my hands on it, I'm looking forward to Donkey Kong Country, Street Fighter® II Turbo and Super Mario World from that list.

I won't either.

However, if I get my hands on it, I'm looking forward to Donkey Kong Country, Street Fighter® II Turbo and Super Mario World from that list.

SFII Turbo with the 10 star code...............................................................................................

One of THE best codes EVER.

Surprisingly only played 13 of those games (beating 11 of them). If I can snag one of these babies I will...

Hmm think I will preorder this.

I'll pre-order MANY of them.

I'm not a reseller, but...in case it affects the price of certain games (I have a HUGE collection of retro games) I can MORE than make up for the change by...reselling.

Oh the horror of resellers!

Lastly, I don't think the price of those actual games will decrease, apart from Starfox 2...maybe.

honestly I wish they had delayed this and concentrated on making more Switches... just sayin'...

Small update, Nintendo said the cords on the controllers will be 5ft long and they're planning on increasing the number of units produced from the NES Classic.

I don't like that it will cost more than the NES classic and come with fewer games.

I love my NES classic, but I'm less sold on this, largely because I never had a SNES so this doesn't really have any nostalgia factor for me.

With emulators, I don't know how these are such hot items. I mean, you can get the controllers and everything. I have 4 N64 usb controllers, they work great.

Emulating NES games = eeeeasy.

Emulating SNES games = not so much.

Relatively speaking.

Not sure when's the last time you emulated anything, but literally every SNES game has been emulated and to perfection. Really have no idea what you're talking about.

With emulators, I don't know how these are such hot items. I mean, you can get the controllers and everything. I have 4 N64 usb controllers, they work great.

Do you realize how many people don't even know about emulators, and even some of the people that do, have no desire to set anything up for themselves.

Convenience sells.

Back