Funk Music.

George Clinton is coming to my town in November. I will be there wearing a diaper.

George Clinton is coming to my town in November. I will be there wearing a diaper.

That's awesome. Can't miss a chance to see a living legend while he's still around. I'm jelly.

Big funk fan here:

<mma4> Jackie Blue bringing out the big tunes
l89tvGH.gif
Respect...

I stumbled across as good Youtube channel a while back that has a lot of obscure funk and stuff on there, you guys might wanna check it out:

The channel is "magrosi65"

Too many good ones to post videos. This might cross over into Old School or Disco

Heatwave - Grooveline, Boogie Nights
One Way - Cutie Pie
Brick - Dazz
Earth Wind n Fire - That's the way of the world, September
GAP Band - Outstanding, Party Train
Fat Back - Backstroke
Archie Bell and the Drells - Tighten Up
Boz Scaggs - Lowdown
Average White Band - Cut the cake, Groovin' the night away, Pick Up the Pieces
Wild Cherry - Play that funky music
KC n the Sunshine Band - Boogie Man, That's the way I like it, Get Down Tonight
The O'Jays - Love Train
Kool and the Gang - Celebration , Jungle Boogie, Cherish
War - Lowrider , Spill the wine
Chakachas - Jungle Fever

I'm sure I'm missing a bunch, I could go on and on.

One more for "Always on the Run" by Lenny Kravitz and Slash. Made in the 90s, that's as Funk as any of 'em.

One more for "Always on the Run" by Lenny Kravitz and Slash. Made in the 90s, that's as Funk as any of 'em.
Yeah, that's a good funk lick. Slash says he came up with that when working with Guns n' Roses, but knew it was a bit too funky for them, so saved it for his boy Lenny.

Yeah, that's a good funk lick. Slash says he came up with that when working with Guns n' Roses, but knew it was a bit too funky for them, so saved it for his boy Lenny.

Interesting, didn't know that. Very cool. Lenny is a great multi player (guitar, piano, bass, drums, etc).

Here is a cool track by :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Costa, one of my favorite singers, Prince discovered her. Lenny plays the bass and drums on this tune. Super funky.

Here's a couple of other cool tracks by her.

Questlove and Pino on this track...

My favourite piece of jazz/funk fusion, trust me give it a listen...

..and along the same jazz/funk lines one of my favourite guitar solo's(about 4 mins in) ever from Marlon "The Magician" McClain

I heard this randomly on a cross country road trip and had the groove stuck in my head the entire time.

..and along the same jazz/funk lines one of my favourite guitar solo's(about 4 mins in) ever from Marlon "The Magician" McClain

That's awesome, kinda has a AWB vibe...and Herbie Hancock, of course, I grew up playing 'Watermelon Man'.

Skip to 1:10.

Last edited:
Dazz is better known but I think this was better from Brick...

Back