• TUF 8: Big Nog/Mir

• TUF 9: Hendo/Bisping

• TUF 10: Rampage/Rashad

• TUF 12: Bisping/Mayhem

• TUF 13: Live

• TUF 15: Bones/Sonnen

• TUF 16: Rousey/Tate

• TUF 17: Edgar/Penn

• TUF 18: A Champion Will Be Crowned (All Women)

• TUF 19: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians

• TUF 20: McGregor/Faber

• TUF 21: Joanna/Claudia

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah Bubba McDaniel sorry! haha!

It was just funny to me how he came off as such a bully - challenging weaker fighters to fights and then when it came to Uriah he was petrified. To be fair Josh Samman (God rest his soul) came off as a dick in the house too, and didn't want a piece of Uriah, but he totally changed in my eyes when he started fighting in the UFC...seemed alright after that and actually looked pretty awesome in his fights.
Shame about what happened to Samman. yeah he came off as a Dick in the house, but you could see his potential at least. Gone at 28. Bubba had none other than being a punching bag and now his wife left him and he chooses jail time over paying fines because he cannot afford it

Your numbers are off. TUF 12 was GSP/Kos. TUF 14 was Bisping/Mayhem which was one of the best seasons.

Came in looking for TUF 14. Was very confused. You should be allowed to cuck TS wife. You are much more of a man and a lot smarter

Really tough choice between Season 4 and 5.

I pick Season 5 because of all the amazing talent and guys who have lasted long in the UFC, also it features Andy Wang

I still get hyped for TUF but this upcoming season doesn't excite me whatsoever.

Favorite seasons

1) TUF 5 Penn vs. Pulver - BJ vs. Andy Wang, BJ helping Gabe Ruediger's weight cut, the Marlin Sims vs Noah Thomas brawl. Best roster.
2) TUF 12 GSP vs Koscheck - Koscheck vs. Nurse Tate and Koscheck vs. McKenzie were hilarious. I enjoyed Nam Phan's 2 KO's (at 2 weight classes above his natural weight), I'm a sucker for body punch KO's.
3) TUF 8 Mir vs. Big Nog - Junie Browning and the sushi pranks . Dave Kaplan's face was hilarious when he realized he ate sperm-sushi. The drama saved this season. Phillipe Nover was the TUF boogeyman before Uriah Hall.
4) TUF 24 - best fights.
5) TUF 14 Bisping vs. Miller - great roster, Corassani singing and bragging about finishing Bermudez only to get slept.

The worst season were either TUF 16 Nelson vs. Carwin or TUF 19 Penn vs Edgar. Horrible low level fights.
Dos Santos vs Lesnar, Liddell vs Ortiz and Joanna vs. Claudia were very lackluster seasons also.

24 stands out to me. Some of the older ones might have had a better single character, but the overall quality was nice to watch on TUF 24.
I thought 24 id the format they should have stuck with for awhile with different weight groups each season. To many TUF season are just not as good skill wise as looking for a fight.

Where is the TUF 24 Tournament of Champions? That was awesome.

giphy.gif

With another one wrapped up, which season of TUF is your favourite?

Mine is still TUF 10, followed by TUF 1. TUF 5 was great, too.

I also enjoyed TUF: Live.

I took out TUF 11 and 14, because those two, in my opinion, were the worst seasons of TUF. If one of those were your favourite however, choose other.

Same goes to the International TUF seasons, and I couldn't fit in the latest season and the Flyweight season.

Fucking what? are you insane?

IMO this is how I view each season

TUF 1 and TUF 2 should never be included because that was 50% fighters fighting massively out of their weight class and 50% survivor challenges.... its great because of the stories and personalities that it brought to MMA which it DESPERATELY needed

TUF 3 is god awful. like just so fucking bad. the epitome of "reality tv"

TUF 4 a terrific concept that unfortunately started the trend of fighting safe to make it through the 6 weeks with as little damage as possible. Of course it took experience vets to come to the show to figure out how to win the show. Also the result of this show birthed IDGAF version of Chris Lytle.... people dont even realize that Chris Lytle was the Robbie Lawler of 2006-2011 - just all action every fight.

TUF 5: Hands down the best in terms of tournament fights, tonnes of subs, and 2 of the best fights of all time on the show were fought by the same guy, Rob Emerson, versus Corey Hill and Nate Diaz. Had the first in-house fight, monstah-lobstah, Godzilla Gabe, TUF 5 was the perfect blend of personality, great fights, and in house fun/shit disturbing. nothing comes close to this season

TUF 6: An absolute comically bad follow up to the best season of all time.... the hilarious thing to me is though, this season had such shit fights, but the finale had nothing but TKO's and Subs, and one of the greatest fights of all time, Jon Koppenhaver vs. Jared Rollins, war machine is obviously in jail for being a massive piece of shit, but holy shit this fight he was losing pretty badly and had a major comeback in the third round, no one's career really took off from this season except G-Spot but his stint in the upper echelon was so low that it makes this season not even worth remembering

TUF 7: One of the best seasons in terms of comedy. Amir Sadollah was on Jim Halpert levels of comedy in this season. Rampage is always hilarious because of how inept he is at coaching.... fights were solid....then the UFC decided to dump Jesse Taylor and have someone who already lost come back for the finale and a dangeorus precedent was started.... it didn't matter though because the guy with no professional fights still beat the HEAVILY favored CB Dollaway...which was fucking hilarious btw

TUF 8: This season was bizarre... the first season to feature Light Heavyweights since TUF 3 so a lot of hype was there for this bracket. Then the opening round happened and 2 of the guys who won their way into the house were injured and declared unfit to fight...so they brought in 2 guys that lost onto the show in their place... Kyle Kingsbury and Eliott Marshall... Kingsbu lost to Bader by Arm triangle and Marshall to Grigoryan by decision...fair enough... Kingsbu THEN loses by armbar in the first round....he THENNNNN loses to Tom Lawlor by decision at the finale .... but STILL gets fights booked...I have no idea what dirt Kingsbu has on Dana White but it must be something big because any fool that loses 3 fights for a single season of TUF would've been cut.

We all know how the lightweight bracket was...and the in house reality tv bullshit.... but it gave us Dave Kaplan saying he can never get knocked out followed by being slept by Tom Lawlor...so I mean... not a TOTAL waste of a season...

I will say TUF 8 has a place in my heart because I fell off watching MMA pretty hard, but this season brought me back

TUF 9: this season was shit, bunch of journeymen propped against english talent to boost the UFC's foothold in europe/UK... unfortunately the season was won by a guy born to British parents who was raised and lived in LA, This season is such a waste of time because the lightweight bracket was COMICALLY stacked in favor of the brits, welterweight there was some room for concern for the brits but it was literally nothing but journeymen scrubs

TUF 10: this was Rampages SECOND stint at coaching despite being a proven horrible "coach." This season always gets shit on for some reason but outside of the first two fights, this season had a bunch of neat submissions and KO's courtesy of some actually decent heavyweight prospects. Schaub, Justin Wren, Mitrione, Jones, Schoonover... like this season had good fighters but it was ignored largely in favor of the "WILL KIMBO REPLACE X FIGHTER DUE TO INJURY AND COME BACK!?" like that was the entire narrative for the whole show and it absolutely killed it... I think Wren got absolutely hosed in his fight with Roy Nelson.

TUF 11: ah yes the season that exposed how dumb it is having guys fight once a week for 6 weeks. this season had 2 DQ's, Kris Mcray fighting every Friday for 6 weeks, Court McGee losing the entry round and somehow getting to finale because Rich Attonito was ruled out due to concussion, Nick Ring replaced because his ACL was blown....This season is comically bad because the two dudes in the finale LOST in the opening round... I guess its meaningless since they won every other fight after....but in a single elimination tournament...its a pretty funny stat

Will summary TUF 12 onward when i get home from work. then rank em

Your numbers are off. TUF 12 was GSP/Kos. TUF 14 was Bisping/Mayhem which was one of the best seasons.
Yeah I was really confused when he said season 14 was one of the worst (he must of gotten the numbers mixed up). Season 14 had an 80% fight finish rate and produced some high level fighters.

It's been 6 years since it came out and theres still a bunch of fighters from that season that are still ranked in the top 10 (Dodson, Caraway, Dillashaw, Bermudez)

Mine was 5. I stopped watching after the season with Rampage and Forrest (shifted back towards boxing around that time).

5 had Gabe
giphy.gif
Ruediger

TUF 1 and TUF 2 should never be included because that was 50% fighters fighting massively out of their weight class and 50% survivor challenges.... its great because of the stories and personalities that it brought to MMA which it DESPERATELY needed

TUF 4 a terrific concept that unfortunately started the trend of fighting safe to make it through the 6 weeks with as little damage as possible. Of course it took experience vets to come to the show to figure out how to win the show. Also the result of this show birthed IDGAF version of Chris Lytle.... people dont even realize that Chris Lytle was the Robbie Lawler of 2006-2011 - just all action every fight.

TUF 5: Hands down the best in terms of tournament fights, tonnes of subs, and 2 of the best fights of all time on the show were fought by the same guy, Rob Emerson, versus Corey Hill and Nate Diaz. Had the first in-house fight, monstah-lobstah, Godzilla Gabe, TUF 5 was the perfect blend of personality, great fights, and in house fun/shit disturbing. nothing comes close to this season

TUF 6: An absolute comically bad follow up to the best season of all time.... the hilarious thing to me is though, this season had such shit fights, but the finale had nothing but TKO's and Subs, and one of the greatest fights of all time, Jon Koppenhaver vs. Jared Rollins, war machine is obviously in jail for being a massive piece of shit, but holy shit this fight he was losing pretty badly and had a major comeback in the third round, no one's career really took off from this season except G-Spot but his stint in the upper echelon was so low that it makes this season not even worth remembering

TUF 7: One of the best seasons in terms of comedy. Amir Sadollah was on Jim Halpert levels of comedy in this season. Rampage is always hilarious because of how inept he is at coaching.... fights were solid....then the UFC decided to dump Jesse Taylor and have someone who already lost come back for the finale and a dangeorus precedent was started.... it didn't matter though because the guy with no professional fights still beat the HEAVILY favored CB Dollaway...which was fucking hilarious btw

TUF 8: This season was bizarre... the first season to feature Light Heavyweights since TUF 3 so a lot of hype was there for this bracket. Then the opening round happened and 2 of the guys who won their way into the house were injured and declared unfit to fight...so they brought in 2 guys that lost onto the show in their place... Kyle Kingsbury and Eliott Marshall... Kingsbu lost to Bader by Arm triangle and Marshall to Grigoryan by decision...fair enough... Kingsbu THEN loses by armbar in the first round....he THENNNNN loses to Tom Lawlor by decision at the finale .... but STILL gets fights booked...I have no idea what dirt Kingsbu has on Dana White but it must be something big because any fool that loses 3 fights for a single season of TUF would've been cut.

We all know how the lightweight bracket was...and the in house reality tv bullshit.... but it gave us Dave Kaplan saying he can never get knocked out followed by being slept by Tom Lawlor...so I mean... not a TOTAL waste of a season...

I will say TUF 8 has a place in my heart because I fell off watching MMA pretty hard, but this season brought me back

TUF 9: this season was shit, bunch of journeymen propped against english talent to boost the UFC's foothold in europe/UK... unfortunately the season was won by a guy born to British parents who was raised and lived in LA, This season is such a waste of time because the lightweight bracket was COMICALLY stacked in favor of the brits, welterweight there was some room for concern for the brits but it was literally nothing but journeymen scrubs

TUF 10: this was Rampages SECOND stint at coaching despite being a proven horrible "coach." This season always gets shit on for some reason but outside of the first two fights, this season had a bunch of neat submissions and KO's courtesy of some actually decent heavyweight prospects. Schaub, Justin Wren, Mitrione, Jones, Schoonover... like this season had good fighters but it was ignored largely in favor of the "WILL KIMBO REPLACE X FIGHTER DUE TO INJURY AND COME BACK!?" like that was the entire narrative for the whole show and it absolutely killed it... I think Wren got absolutely hosed in his fight with Roy Nelson.

TUF 11: ah yes the season that exposed how dumb it is having guys fight once a week for 6 weeks. this season had 2 DQ's, Kris Mcray fighting every Friday for 6 weeks, Court McGee losing the entry round and somehow getting to finale because Rich Attonito was ruled out due to concussion, Nick Ring replaced because his ACL was blown....This season is comically bad because the two dudes in the finale LOST in the opening round... I guess its meaningless since they won every other fight after....but in a single elimination tournament...its a pretty funny stat

Did you get home from work? lol good read.

Did you get home from work? lol good read.

I got wasted and forgot hahah, but here goes!

TUF 12 was a bizarre season in that it had decent enough lightweight talent...but the season was just a showcase to hype up the inevitable Koscheck/gsp rematch that everybody knew was pointless. Didn't help that the season's in house drama was centered mostly around douche-bro Marc Stevens and the armenians getting in fights with Alex Caceres... it was all incredibly trivial shit that served no purpose and then the finale was Michael Johnson getting grappled fucked by a featherweight... the seasons highlight was that it had Cody motherfucking Mckenzie winning two fights by guillotine. and one fighter with probably the best underated nickname, Dane "Red Horse" Sayers... I dont know why but it just sounds bad ass

TUF 13: as if the UFC needed more welterweight fighters in its bloated division, they decided to trot out season 13 which was 100% a show based around Myles Jury. To make sure the UFC got an undefeated hype prospect out of it, they cut the elimination round and introduced the wildcard format....both were pretty terrible choices as most agree that even if they dont like TUF, the entry round is the best part of the entire show....ALAS, Jury blew out his ACL and got replaced by Chuck O'Neill and our season then had no one of note...One of the funnier aspects of this show was Tony Ferguson being a 3rd pick and Ramsey Nijem being a 4th... People always cite TUF 10 as having the worst fights, but holy shit TUF 13 aside from every Tony Ferguson fight, was fucking horrendous. Nijem and Ferguson were the bright spots, every fight of theres was just domination, it wasn't even close. The season was a snooze but it gave us two really solid fighters out of it.

TUF 14: easily the best entry round fights, great personalities, fucking outrageous coach banter, one of the craziest finale fights of all time, Bermudez/Brandao....absolutely bonkers fight. I dont know how people can say this season sucked....the featherweight bracket had great fights, and the season produced some top 10 contenders and champions...so i mean...what more do you want from a talent building television show.

TUF 15/TUF LIVE: suuuuuch an underrated season. I think this season gets a lot of shit because it was coached by "manlets" or whatever....but holy this season had live entry fights, some insane KO's in the actual tournament, great submissions, and lowkey one of the more competitive brackets in TUF history. Guys like Cruickshank, Sicilia, Jury and Marcello are no slouches and they didn't even get past the preliminary round....thats how competitive this bracket was....but people hate it because of the gimmick or whatever? I bought this season on DVD because I think the season as a whole had a great dynamic and style to it....and it had the fucking fantastic Red Hot Chilli Peppers intro which was a complete change to the usual and it worked so well! Whats crazy to me is complete unkown Vinc Pichel made it to the semi-finals and to this day probably nobody knows who the hell he is but he had quite the impressive run...SERIOUSLY GUYS this season is crazy underrated,

TUF BRAZIL: this was an interesting watch... the entry fights were fantastic, maybe its the cultural barrier or something but watching grown men crying their eyes out every episode and poorly try to sell eachother bony acai bars was QUITE cringe.... the season did have a great middleweight bracket in terms of fights.... maybe not the best TALENT, but the fights were all finishes...soo cant quite complain... the featherweight fights in the house were abolute bores though. Overall, a weird season. not the worst....but too strange to be anywhere near the top

TUF 16: woof. where to even begin. Once again the UFC thought they needed more welterweights, they had the elimination round which was a bonus, but it was as if every single coach said to their fighters in the backroom, "play it safe, use your wrestling, no sense finishing fights! fight safe!" and every fighter overheard and did the same thing...because this season fucking suckkkkkked. doesnt help that the winner looked like a melted wax figure and was completely devoid of personality. My favorite thing about this season was Sam Alvey being soooo hyped after his paralyzer knockout in the entry round, only to go full sam alvey and just plod around the cage and lose a decision to a 40 year old nobody. A good sign of things to come for the gangly ginger I guess

TUF SMASHES: This season was kind of funny it seemed like the australians just had absolutely no shot in this...a friggin flyweight was their best prospect in the lightweight bracket....and he only made it past the opening round because someone was injured... like the best thing to come from this season was Bobby Knuckles....even on the show the guy looked like an absolute monster. The in house pranks/antics got a bit annoying because a lot of the brits were acting like they were huge superstars just because they were on the show haha kind of funny in hindsight considering like 1 of them is still with the UFC

TUF 17: top 3 elimination rounds, top 3 in house fights, best format change, gym change was great. Uriah Hall was still ruthless, Jones and Sonnen had great banter but also a good mutual respect that translated well on the show. This season highlighted what a great motivational speaker Sonnen is. Really funny in hindsight when DW was hyping this season as "the most devestating fighter he's ever seen on the show! sent every opponent to the hospital" and everyone was predicting that it was Tor Troeng who that person was. This season also marked the tragic beginning of Dana White pathetically attempting to garner viewership by tweeting about "THE NASTIEST THING IVE EVER SEEN!" at least for this season it made sense... but later ...

TUF BRAZIL 2: decent opening round, decent fights in the house....this was like season 11 though where injuries completely changed the outcome of the show... Like they seriously couldn't delay the finale for Santiago Ponzinibbio to heal his hand? so instead Patolino fights a guy that got clowned in the semi's? AND LOSES? I feel bad for Ponzinibbio because he got robbed of a decent contract because of this. Finale probably should have been Yan Cabral vs. Ponzinibbio but injuries plagued this seasons competitors!

TUF 18: lyk oMg the first girlll season! ... in hindsight this season is horribly bad. Ronda looked like a massive c-word, the mens bantamweight bracket was a joke. Davey Grant got to the finale off two guys missing weight? like what a fucking joke. Chris Holdsworth was shoe-in to win it didn't even matter really. The womens bracket just shows how bad womens mma is. Sarah Moras beat Julianna Pena like maybe a year prior to their fight in the house and she got dominated....then you had atomweight Jessica Rakoczy...a pro boxer fighting immensely out of her weightclass...so what do BOTH of her opponents in the house do? they strike with her.... AND LOSE, only in womens mma could a ground specialist fight an atomweight boxer in a stand-up fight and lose horribly. At least this motivated Roxanne Modafferi to work on her striking, but Raquel Pennington...jesus I can't even fathom what it would be like looking back at your career and going, "oh yah i thought id win a striking battle against a pro-boxer jsut because i had the weight advantage..." PAINFUL .... easily one of the worst seasons of all time.

TUF CHINA: like watching a train wreck...its just so bad. this felt like watching kids mma or something because the talent just clearly was not there...Guangyou Ning had brutal KO's on this show and had a very medoicre UFC career which just goes to show the absolutely insane skill discrepancy between the best in china vs. the people they got on that show...

TUF NATIONS: a great season in terms of look, but once again the UFC cast a bunch of top canadian prospects, and then paired them against a bunch of very, VERY mediocre australians.... what is absolutely fucking bizarre though, is Dan Kelly at the time of this show was being portrayed as an old dog on his last legs just out for a last hurrah before his career comes to a close...but he's had easily the most prominent success of anyone in this cast. Like seriously look at who Dan Kelly's fought in the past couple years! Old man Kelly been the best part of TUF Nations! oh and this season gave us OAM, the only fighter to win a clean cut 30-27 decision without throwing a single strike. I actually liked this season quite a bit....maybe its the Canadian in me, but something about this season was wholesome...it didn't need the bro-drama or the over-the-top production/antics....it just felt like a bunch of guys trying to do their country proud.

TUF Brazil Heavyweights: I skipped this season when I saw that the show felt the need to show Cristiano Ronaldo rooting on his former bodyguard in his entry fight...felt VERY desperate

TUF 19: Ah yes, the first victim of the Dana White, "THIS IS THE NASTIEST KO IVE EVER SEEN" hype train to get viewers... look, Dan Spohns KO of Tyler king was good...but it was just a big tree fall hard moment... and at that moment I think we ALL knew, this season was going to suck dick....and boy it sure did. It had the most baffling decision ever made with Roger Zapata defeating Ian Stephens...it was scored a draw...but because no rules were in place to allow a third round, the judges HAD to pick a winner....so they picked Zapata based on Zapata striking more? The middleweight bracket gave us nobody except for Cathal Pendred 10-9 memes, and the Light Heavyweight Bracket gave us Beastin 25/8.... but worst of all it gave us vertical Penn...the worst iteration of BJ Penn I think any of us have ever seen....this season should be stricken from the record books because it was . SO.. BAD.

TUF 20: this season was dope. The fights were quite entertaining, the submissions were actually impressive...Rose Namajunas fucking rolled to the finals.... the worst thing to come from this season was the fact that every single competitor on the season has absolutely nothing on Joanna....Like just as Carla won her title, Joanna and Gadelha had the ACTUAL fight to determine who was the best strawweight in the UFC... but hey at least Carla got her Harley and her $1000 ice cream... boy that was a blunder... overall I liked this season...wasn't something id be jumping to rewatch but its good for 1 watch.

TUF Blackzilians vs ATT: yah i skkipped this one entirely....i hated the gimmick of it.

TUF 22: murica vs europe, whats not to like....oh right it was basically the McGregor insulting Team Alpha Male show featuring some lightweight scraps.... I mean the fights were average...shitty opening round, one of the worst ones IMO....and then our finalists AGAIN had to be changed...only this time because Saul Rogers didn't disclose that he couldn't leave the country or some shit....like fuck what a way to stamp a season as a complete waste of time to watch. What really didn't make sense is They didnt bring back the guy Saul Rogers beat in the semi-finals to fight in the finals....but fucking Ryan Hall who lost in the quarterfinals? like if I was Marcin Wrzosek I'd be so pissed...whatever...this seasons a total waste of time IMO. shitty fights that are pointless because its just Ryan Hall getting the gift of a fucking liftime essentially.

TUF 23: this season had 2 great things going for it...Khalil Rountree....girls and boys mixing in the house....and Lanchana Green. Unfortunately for all of us, Lanchana Green wasn't given another shot in the UFC despite making it to the semi's....and Khalil was exposed as having zero ground game... I dunno the optimist in me says, this season was pretty solid because I think the cast had a good vibe off eachother....girls and guys mixing in training etc made it pretty interesting....but I dunno the spark is just gone at this point in wanting to tune in.

TUF 24: in hindsight. it blows me away it took the UFC 24 seasons to realize they should just get every regional champ of a division fighting for a title shot....yah it screws over those in the UFc...but fuck it...its cool as fuck. and you know what ...the fights were fucking amazing because all of the talent was actually on pretty damn well the same level...save for like Terrence Mitchell or Nkazimolu Zulu....but still the compete level in this season is like no other in the history of the show. Cejudo and Benevidez drama was completely unnecesarry to the season and felt wayyyy too forced...like both guys were being fed lines... if that shit is cut out, this is easily top 3 season of all time.

TUF Redemption: didnt watch because I just thought it made no sense from a gimmick perspective...these guys needed redemption because of how poorly the UFC treated their careers post TUF.... the UFC created the redemption narrative required for all these guys, and somehow the fighters were expected to be thankful for the opportunity? just eyeroll inducing shit.

I got wasted and forgot hahah, but here goes!

TUF 12 was a bizarre season in that it had decent enough lightweight talent...but the season was just a showcase to hype up the inevitable Koscheck/gsp rematch that everybody knew was pointless. Didn't help that the season's in house drama was centered mostly around douche-bro Marc Stevens and the armenians getting in fights with Alex Caceres... it was all incredibly trivial shit that served no purpose and then the finale was Michael Johnson getting grappled fucked by a featherweight... the seasons highlight was that it had Cody motherfucking Mckenzie winning two fights by guillotine. and one fighter with probably the best underated nickname, Dane "Red Horse" Sayers... I dont know why but it just sounds bad ass

TUF 13: as if the UFC needed more welterweight fighters in its bloated division, they decided to trot out season 13 which was 100% a show based around Myles Jury. To make sure the UFC got an undefeated hype prospect out of it, they cut the elimination round and introduced the wildcard format....both were pretty terrible choices as most agree that even if they dont like TUF, the entry round is the best part of the entire show....ALAS, Jury blew out his ACL and got replaced by Chuck O'Neill and our season then had no one of note...One of the funnier aspects of this show was Tony Ferguson being a 3rd pick and Ramsey Nijem being a 4th... People always cite TUF 10 as having the worst fights, but holy shit TUF 13 aside from every Tony Ferguson fight, was fucking horrendous. Nijem and Ferguson were the bright spots, every fight of theres was just domination, it wasn't even close. The season was a snooze but it gave us two really solid fighters out of it.

TUF 14: easily the best entry round fights, great personalities, fucking outrageous coach banter, one of the craziest finale fights of all time, Bermudez/Brandao....absolutely bonkers fight. I dont know how people can say this season sucked....the featherweight bracket had great fights, and the season produced some top 10 contenders and champions...so i mean...what more do you want from a talent building television show.

TUF 15/TUF LIVE: suuuuuch an underrated season. I think this season gets a lot of shit because it was coached by "manlets" or whatever....but holy this season had live entry fights, some insane KO's in the actual tournament, great submissions, and lowkey one of the more competitive brackets in TUF history. Guys like Cruickshank, Sicilia, Jury and Marcello are no slouches and they didn't even get past the preliminary round....thats how competitive this bracket was....but people hate it because of the gimmick or whatever? I bought this season on DVD because I think the season as a whole had a great dynamic and style to it....and it had the fucking fantastic Red Hot Chilli Peppers intro which was a complete change to the usual and it worked so well! Whats crazy to me is complete unkown Vinc Pichel made it to the semi-finals and to this day probably nobody knows who the hell he is but he had quite the impressive run...SERIOUSLY GUYS this season is crazy underrated,

TUF BRAZIL: this was an interesting watch... the entry fights were fantastic, maybe its the cultural barrier or something but watching grown men crying their eyes out every episode and poorly try to sell eachother bony acai bars was QUITE cringe.... the season did have a great middleweight bracket in terms of fights.... maybe not the best TALENT, but the fights were all finishes...soo cant quite complain... the featherweight fights in the house were abolute bores though. Overall, a weird season. not the worst....but too strange to be anywhere near the top

TUF 16: woof. where to even begin. Once again the UFC thought they needed more welterweights, they had the elimination round which was a bonus, but it was as if every single coach said to their fighters in the backroom, "play it safe, use your wrestling, no sense finishing fights! fight safe!" and every fighter overheard and did the same thing...because this season fucking suckkkkkked. doesnt help that the winner looked like a melted wax figure and was completely devoid of personality. My favorite thing about this season was Sam Alvey being soooo hyped after his paralyzer knockout in the entry round, only to go full sam alvey and just plod around the cage and lose a decision to a 40 year old nobody. A good sign of things to come for the gangly ginger I guess

TUF SMASHES: This season was kind of funny it seemed like the australians just had absolutely no shot in this...a friggin flyweight was their best prospect in the lightweight bracket....and he only made it past the opening round because someone was injured... like the best thing to come from this season was Bobby Knuckles....even on the show the guy looked like an absolute monster. The in house pranks/antics got a bit annoying because a lot of the brits were acting like they were huge superstars just because they were on the show haha kind of funny in hindsight considering like 1 of them is still with the UFC

TUF 17: top 3 elimination rounds, top 3 in house fights, best format change, gym change was great. Uriah Hall was still ruthless, Jones and Sonnen had great banter but also a good mutual respect that translated well on the show. This season highlighted what a great motivational speaker Sonnen is. Really funny in hindsight when DW was hyping this season as "the most devestating fighter he's ever seen on the show! sent every opponent to the hospital" and everyone was predicting that it was Tor Troeng who that person was. This season also marked the tragic beginning of Dana White pathetically attempting to garner viewership by tweeting about "THE NASTIEST THING IVE EVER SEEN!" at least for this season it made sense... but later ...

TUF BRAZIL 2: decent opening round, decent fights in the house....this was like season 11 though where injuries completely changed the outcome of the show... Like they seriously couldn't delay the finale for Santiago Ponzinibbio to heal his hand? so instead Patolino fights a guy that got clowned in the semi's? AND LOSES? I feel bad for Ponzinibbio because he got robbed of a decent contract because of this. Finale probably should have been Yan Cabral vs. Ponzinibbio but injuries plagued this seasons competitors!

TUF 18: lyk oMg the first girlll season! ... in hindsight this season is horribly bad. Ronda looked like a massive c-word, the mens bantamweight bracket was a joke. Davey Grant got to the finale off two guys missing weight? like what a fucking joke. Chris Holdsworth was shoe-in to win it didn't even matter really. The womens bracket just shows how bad womens mma is. Sarah Moras beat Julianna Pena like maybe a year prior to their fight in the house and she got dominated....then you had atomweight Jessica Rakoczy...a pro boxer fighting immensely out of her weightclass...so what do BOTH of her opponents in the house do? they strike with her.... AND LOSE, only in womens mma could a ground specialist fight an atomweight boxer in a stand-up fight and lose horribly. At least this motivated Roxanne Modafferi to work on her striking, but Raquel Pennington...jesus I can't even fathom what it would be like looking back at your career and going, "oh yah i thought id win a striking battle against a pro-boxer jsut because i had the weight advantage..." PAINFUL .... easily one of the worst seasons of all time.

TUF CHINA: like watching a train wreck...its just so bad. this felt like watching kids mma or something because the talent just clearly was not there...Guangyou Ning had brutal KO's on this show and had a very medoicre UFC career which just goes to show the absolutely insane skill discrepancy between the best in china vs. the people they got on that show...

TUF NATIONS: a great season in terms of look, but once again the UFC cast a bunch of top canadian prospects, and then paired them against a bunch of very, VERY mediocre australians.... what is absolutely fucking bizarre though, is Dan Kelly at the time of this show was being portrayed as an old dog on his last legs just out for a last hurrah before his career comes to a close...but he's had easily the most prominent success of anyone in this cast. Like seriously look at who Dan Kelly's fought in the past couple years! Old man Kelly been the best part of TUF Nations! oh and this season gave us OAM, the only fighter to win a clean cut 30-27 decision without throwing a single strike. I actually liked this season quite a bit....maybe its the Canadian in me, but something about this season was wholesome...it didn't need the bro-drama or the over-the-top production/antics....it just felt like a bunch of guys trying to do their country proud.

TUF Brazil Heavyweights: I skipped this season when I saw that the show felt the need to show Cristiano Ronaldo rooting on his former bodyguard in his entry fight...felt VERY desperate

TUF 19: Ah yes, the first victim of the Dana White, "THIS IS THE NASTIEST KO IVE EVER SEEN" hype train to get viewers... look, Dan Spohns KO of Tyler king was good...but it was just a big tree fall hard moment... and at that moment I think we ALL knew, this season was going to suck dick....and boy it sure did. It had the most baffling decision ever made with Roger Zapata defeating Ian Stephens...it was scored a draw...but because no rules were in place to allow a third round, the judges HAD to pick a winner....so they picked Zapata based on Zapata striking more? The middleweight bracket gave us nobody except for Cathal Pendred 10-9 memes, and the Light Heavyweight Bracket gave us Beastin 25/8.... but worst of all it gave us vertical Penn...the worst iteration of BJ Penn I think any of us have ever seen....this season should be stricken from the record books because it was . SO.. BAD.

TUF 20: this season was dope. The fights were quite entertaining, the submissions were actually impressive...Rose Namajunas fucking rolled to the finals.... the worst thing to come from this season was the fact that every single competitor on the season has absolutely nothing on Joanna....Like just as Carla won her title, Joanna and Gadelha had the ACTUAL fight to determine who was the best strawweight in the UFC... but hey at least Carla got her Harley and her $1000 ice cream... boy that was a blunder... overall I liked this season...wasn't something id be jumping to rewatch but its good for 1 watch.

TUF Blackzilians vs ATT: yah i skkipped this one entirely....i hated the gimmick of it.

TUF 22: murica vs europe, whats not to like....oh right it was basically the McGregor insulting Team Alpha Male show featuring some lightweight scraps.... I mean the fights were average...shitty opening round, one of the worst ones IMO....and then our finalists AGAIN had to be changed...only this time because Saul Rogers didn't disclose that he couldn't leave the country or some shit....like fuck what a way to stamp a season as a complete waste of time to watch. What really didn't make sense is They didnt bring back the guy Saul Rogers beat in the semi-finals to fight in the finals....but fucking Ryan Hall who lost in the quarterfinals? like if I was Marcin Wrzosek I'd be so pissed...whatever...this seasons a total waste of time IMO. shitty fights that are pointless because its just Ryan Hall getting the gift of a fucking liftime essentially.

TUF 23: this season had 2 great things going for it...Khalil Rountree....girls and boys mixing in the house....and Lanchana Green. Unfortunately for all of us, Lanchana Green wasn't given another shot in the UFC despite making it to the semi's....and Khalil was exposed as having zero ground game... I dunno the optimist in me says, this season was pretty solid because I think the cast had a good vibe off eachother....girls and guys mixing in training etc made it pretty interesting....but I dunno the spark is just gone at this point in wanting to tune in.

TUF 24: in hindsight. it blows me away it took the UFC 24 seasons to realize they should just get every regional champ of a division fighting for a title shot....yah it screws over those in the UFc...but fuck it...its cool as fuck. and you know what ...the fights were fucking amazing because all of the talent was actually on pretty damn well the same level...save for like Terrence Mitchell or Nkazimolu Zulu....but still the compete level in this season is like no other in the history of the show. Cejudo and Benevidez drama was completely unnecesarry to the season and felt wayyyy too forced...like both guys were being fed lines... if that shit is cut out, this is easily top 3 season of all time.

TUF Redemption: didnt watch because I just thought it made no sense from a gimmick perspective...these guys needed redemption because of how poorly the UFC treated their careers post TUF.... the UFC created the redemption narrative required for all these guys, and somehow the fighters were expected to be thankful for the opportunity? just eyeroll inducing shit.
Monster posts here but very satisfying. Good job iThrillhouse. What's your story? TUF is just your thing?

For someone who seems like such a fan of the show you missed out on a terrific Redemption story. The season was pretty average but the UFC couldn't have hoped for anything better in regards to how it ended. You going to watch 26?

As a fellow Canadian I also thought the nations season was pretty good. Favorites were probably 17 (Uriah Hall) and 24 (Flyweights).

Last edited:
Monster posts here but very satisfying. Good job iThrillhouse. What's your story? TUF is just your thing?

For someone who seems like such a fan of the show you missed out on a terrific Redemption story. The season was pretty average but the UFC couldn't have hoped for anything better in regards to how it ended. You going to watch 26?

As a fellow Canadian I also thought the nations season was pretty good. Favorites were probably 17 (Uriah Hall) and 24 (Flyweights).

I wrote up a megareply to this ranking every season....but then sherdog decided to log me out, then fail to post...

point is, redemption I was meh on.

Top 5:
TUF 5
TUF 14
TUF 17
TUF LIVE
TUF 24

Bottom 5:
TUF 21
TUF 18
TUF 3
TUF 19
TUF 16

I wrote up a megareply to this ranking every season....but then sherdog decided to log me out, then fail to post...

point is, redemption I was meh on.

Top 5:
TUF 5
TUF 14
TUF 17
TUF LIVE
TUF 24

Bottom 5:
TUF 21
TUF 18
TUF 3
TUF 19
TUF 16
I half got yeah. Cool though. What's your interest like for 26?

I half got yeah. Cool though. What's your interest like for 26?

The last all girl season was great. however they missed out on having key personalities like Andrea Lee on there which is a hugeeee mistake as far as im concerned. This season runs in the dangerous terrirtory of girls with wrestling just lay'n'praying or wall'n'stalling to the finals. and there are several NOTABLE abusers of this "fight style" soo the fights could be absolutely abysmal. Still hyped but the fights could be VERY ....VERY dissappointing to anyone not familiar with the cast

The last all girl season was great. however they missed out on having key personalities like Andrea Lee on there which is a hugeeee mistake as far as im concerned. This season runs in the dangerous terrirtory of girls with wrestling just lay'n'praying or wall'n'stalling to the finals. and there are several NOTABLE abusers of this "fight style" soo the fights could be absolutely abysmal. Still hyped but the fights could be VERY ....VERY dissappointing to anyone not familiar with the cast
Hmmm good point. But yeah I liked the last all woman season too. Rose looked amazing.

Back