MLB 2017 Discussion V3: Rafael Devers edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Need to add this if the OP is about the Sox 3B situation.

Sam Dyson a perfect 6 for 6 in save chances. I know he's not a top end closer, but he was a nice free piece that can be flipped or helps the bullpen next year

Dyson was a ginormous can on the rangers.

Is Dyson still hanging that 97 mph 2 seamer over the middle of the plate?

lol Darvish gives up a HR to a guy who hasn't hit one all year on the first pitch

Sox make no sense at this point. Why bring up Devers to then trade for a 3b?

Guess that is Darvish's way of saying I dont want to be traded.

That being said today was one of the few times I've been legitimately mad at the Brewers this season

Josh Hader, arguably their top pitching prospect, is a starter but since he got called up a couple months ago he's been in the bullpen, done a good job overall really nasty stuff. Comes in with 2 guys on to face Harper and he strikes him out pretty easily, Harper gets roid rage and gets ejected (vids below lol). Then he gets taken out right after and the can after him gives up like 5 runs. You're grooming the guy to be a starter, keep him in there don't treat him like a LOOGY ffs

Seriously I hate this bullpen so much, they've blown so many leads. If it was even average they would run away with the division (lol how sad is that). Really don't want to see any trades either, they have the prospects/really low payroll to make one but now isn't the time to go for it yet.

Rondon plunks Mike Moustakas in a 14-2 game in the bottom of the 9th. Benches clear. Obviously no punches thrown.

The best part is that Danny Duffy was the guy for the Royals that had to be restrained.

HAHAHAHAA

Sox make no sense at this point. Why bring up Devers to then trade for a 3b?

I think the plan is for Nunez to basically play the role that Brock Holt used to play but no longer can. Bogaerts is in a tail spin and i can see him being thrown on the 10 day DL, he was hit on the hand 3 weeks ago and has been brutal since. Mitch Moreland has also fallen off a cliff since he fractured his left big toe. Farrell has finally started playing Canley at 1st and I could see Nunez DH and play some LF against lefties.

Devers was a wildcard coming up and you can't really afford to put all your chips in on him, as you'd be fucked if he turns out to be not ready and the deadline passes and you end up with nobody.

Anyways Moncada and Devers hit their first HR's on the same day, pretty much in the same spot.

Adrian Beltre with an OPS well over. 900 despite being in his 20th season in the MLB. Unreal. Happy to see him get 3,000 hits. 1st ballot HOFer, easily, esp. when you factor in his elite defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back