Julius Indongo vs Terence Crawford

Love it, but Indongo looks way too slow to give Crawford trouble.
Long, good pop, but telegraphs his power shots, and is slow to deliever.
Terrence is going to piece him up pretty bad IMO.

He said he's fought over 500 opponents and has never experienced a tough time from anyone.
I think he's exaggerating... Cause I call BS... Anybody got any proof?
Hard to believe he had at least 105 more ammy fights than Lomachenko when they both debuted at the same age, while he has 23 fights with enough milage to compete at the world level. Crazy if true.

Or he's just counting street fights adn sparring sessions(what I always believed about Rickson Gracies's mythical 400-0-0 record)

Hard to believe he had at least 105 more ammy fights than Lomachenko when they both debuted at the same age, while he has 23 fights with enough milage to compete at the world level. Crazy if true.

Or he's just counting street fights adn sparring sessions(what I always believed about Rickson Gracies's mythical 400-0-0 record)

I doubt that is true. He only managed to get to the 1st round of the 2008 Olympics where he lost 14-2 which is a pretty one-sided scoreline. With 500 fights behind him he should have been better than that.

I watched some rounds of Indongo today against Burns and Troyanovsky.
He tends to overextend and his hard shots are a little wide. Crawford's technique and combinations
is tighter.

Last edited:
I think he's exaggerating... Cause I call BS...
Africa's population is over 1.2 billion. That's more than Europe and the whole of North America combined. I'm sure there's a lot of stuff going on out there that we don't know about. There's something called the African Boxing Union out there and loads of Amateur fights that no ones heard of.

500 amateur fights seems crazy and could be a lie but I'm a little optimistic based off some of my experiences in Thailand. You'd be surprised how ignorant us in the west can be to the outside world. Thai fighters with over 300 muaythai fights at the age of 15 but only a few fights can be found on YouTube.

With 500 fights behind him he should have been better than that.
This also depends on your competition.

Africa's population is over 1.2 billion. That's more than Europe and the whole of North America combined. I'm sure there's a lot of stuff going on out there that we don't know about. There's something called the African Boxing Union out there and loads of Amateur fights that no ones heard of.

500 amateur fights seems crazy and could be a lie but I'm a little optimistic based off some of my experiences in Thailand. You'd be surprised how ignorant us in the west can be to the outside world. Thai fighters with over 300 muaythai fights at the age of 15 but only a few fights can be found on YouTube.

Idk why ur assuming i'm from the west... I'm in Israel, and have relatives in north Africa.
ABU is not a secret, the WBC owns it, same way it owns Asian Boxing Council, South American Boxing Federation, Caribbean Boxing Federation, etc... We should have heard more about his fight in africa with a ridiculous number like 500 other than the accomplishments listed in his boxrec profile (like competing in the national and junior national).

I get what you're saying though, it could be a lot of local towns level fight cause maybe his gym couldnt afford a lot of travel or who knows, who knows. I don't think Africa's population is relevant to this convo though...

I suppose I did a little search now and some have had comparable numbers like this guy(over 600 fights):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_McTaggart
But nobody does this today, he would have had a massive disadvantage against his opponents fighting that frequently in today's times while Thai fighters going that high is normal there and well-known by now.

Maybe I shouldnt be QUICK TO JUDGE!

A load of people were saying Crawford would duck Eduard Troyanovsky and how much of a competitive fight that would be but all of the sudden Julius Indongo comes into the picture and KO's Troyanovsky. Now those same people are complaining about Indongo vs Crawford calling it a mismatch. Makes no sense.

The people saying anyone was ducking Troyanovsky were complete and utter idiots, though. People complaining about Crawford being the first man since Hopkins to completely unify a division against a big competent southpaw are also idiots.

Boxrec doesn't have his amateur numbers but it says he was an amateur from at least 2002-2008. He's 34 and has only been a pro since 09. I suppose 500 fights is possible.

I doubt that is true. He only managed to get to the 1st round of the 2008 Olympics where he lost 14-2 which is a pretty one-sided scoreline. With 500 fights behind him he should have been better than that.
Nah. The guy is from Africa. How often do their amateurs dominate on the world amateur scene?

TC is the future & present

Nah. The guy is from Africa. How often do their amateurs dominate on the world amateur scene?
I don't know of any african fighter who had 500 amateur fights, do you?

Thais fight for a living from a young age, they have to fight that regularly to provide an income for them and their families. They are pros, not the same as an amateur boxer having 500 fights, that's extraordinary.

Thais fight for a living from a young age, they have to fight that regularly to provide an income for them and their families. They are pros, not the same as an amateur boxer having 500 fights, that's extraordinary.
You're forgetting the point I'm trying to make. You know the situation in Thailand but many people don't. If I told the average fight fan that a 15 year old thai kid had over 300 pro fights they'd think im lying just like you think Indongos lying about 500 amateur fights which most could of been in some remote village or even inter-club bouts. He could just be exaggerating but can't see why he would lie about something like that.

Bloodboxing doing a good job of promoting this fight. Meanwhile every other boxing channel is talking about Floyd/Conor or GGG/Canelo.

there might be a reason to why julius did not do well in the olympics

you need to be careful when capping fighters from third or fourth world countries. a lot of these guys work hard and demanding full-time jobs like construction to support their families while boxing part-time. jose luis castillo is a prime example of a guy who didnt do well at first, probably because he could not focus 100 percent on boxing, yet went on to have a remarkable career.

You're forgetting the point I'm trying to make. You know the situation in Thailand but many people don't. If I told the average fight fan that a 15 year old thai kid had over 300 pro fights they'd think im lying just like you think Indongos lying about 500 amateur fights which most could of been in some remote village or even inter-club bouts. He could just be exaggerating but can't see why he would lie about something like that.
I think it's BS, even if he only won half of those fights he be much more experienced than all but the Lomachenkos of the amateur boxing game which is very unlikely seeing how poor he did at the Olympics.

there might be a reason to why julius did not do well in the olympics

you need to be careful when capping fighters from third or fourth world countries. a lot of these guys work hard and demanding full-time jobs like construction to support their families while boxing part-time. jose luis castillo is a prime example of a guy who didnt do well at first, probably because he could not focus 100 percent on boxing, yet went on to have a remarkable career.
Maybe but 500 ammie fights is a crazy number. I'm calling BS.

A load of people were saying Crawford would duck Eduard Troyanovsky and how much of a competitive fight that would be but all of the sudden Julius Indongo comes into the picture and KO's Troyanovsky. Now those same people are complaining about Indongo vs Crawford calling it a mismatch. Makes no sense.

I hate these kind of arguments. Unless the same exact people said those two things, it's meaningless.

this isnt a mismatch, this guy doesnt have crawford pedigree; but for once crawford facing a comparable athlete, w/comparable size strength and power, we gonna see how good tc is cus now he won't have all the phys adv and the tech ones too

Indongo's length is going to give Crawford problems. He needs to keep his right hand up when he reaches in with his corkscrew left.
It'll be tough for him to get a decision.

Back