Zeus Deportes Custom 16oz. Lace-Up Grant-Style Training Glove Review

I'm looking to sell the second pair of gloves I bought from Scarphe (pictured above). I'm having a third pair made by Scarphe and have too many gloves... They have not been used (not even to try them out on the heavy bag) but have been sitting in my closet. They are actually 18oz. in weight with medium density padding for the second layer.

PM if interested.

Here is the third pair I'm ordering from Scarphe.

Freaking beautiful gloves. I got them with super soft padding in 14oz. so they should weigh much closer to 16oz. Also, instead of the weird foam at the finger tips, it has the felt like Grant gloves do. Also, has the original Zeus logo.

I'm pretty excited to get them.

IMG_4933.JPG IMG_4930.JPG IMG_4931.JPG

Just another update. It's been about five months now since I got these gloves, if I'm calculating correctly.

I've used the gloves probably around 1500 rounds on the heavy bag. Recently I discovered a little tear in a part of the liner in the left glove (previously I found the liner on the right hand glove coming apart from the bottom of the palm). It hasn't been a big deal, though.

Apart from that, the gloves feel great. I can say that they are definitely broken in now (I had doubts before). The padding has softened somewhat in the knuckle area, but they are not breaking apart or anything like that, just not as stiff as before.

Anyway, here are five month pictures. I switched out the laces for black ones.

IMG_5303.jpg IMG_5304.jpg IMG_5305.jpg IMG_5306.jpg

Last edited:
Nice update!

About the liner; I was told that polyester isn't as strong as nylon (Winning's liner). Scarphe even has blends of liners, such as nylon/cotton, canvas/cotton, etc.....

Some details to add to my last update.

I was looking through my first post and thought it might be helpful to re-score the glove based on its performance after five months.

Leather: 7 (previously 10). The color leaks quite a bit, but no rips or tears or anything. There is a strange pattern forming on the glove, though (see the close-up picture in the post above). Not a big deal. 10 would be perfect leather, 7 is average. [Note: I believe but am not yet able to confirm, that my next pair will have better leather without the leaking issue.]
Stitching: 10 (no change). Stitching has held up just fine.
Padding: 10 (no change). Like fine wine, the padding has only gotten better with age. The gloves are fully broken in now and they feel great when I use them. It took a lot of time and some pain, but it was worth it. If I could rewind, I probably would have given the padding a lower score (maybe an 8) since it was so freaking stiff when I first got them. But I don't really remember anymore.
Response/Performance: 10 (no change). I'd up this score (along with padding) if I could... Really great response on the heavy bag.
Fist Formation: 10 (no change). Like the above, it's gotten much better with time. In retrospect I would have said that they were an 8 when I first started using them.
Hand compartment: 9 (previously 8). It's roomy, but I've gotten used to it. Also, since it's broken in it doesn't feel as spacious as before.
Weight: 9 (previously 7). I docked a few points for the weight before (the gloves are a little over 19oz.) and the weight has not changed, but I must say that the distribution of weight on the glove is such that they don't feel heavy. So I'm raising the score.

I'm also adding two other categories:
Liner: 6 (probably would have said 9 or 10 before). The liner has come apart from the seam in one place and has started tearing at the knuckle in another place. It doesn't pose an issue (don't even notice it, to be honest), but I'd rather not have the liner tearing at all. So this will be the lowest score of all the categories. It's not a deal breaker because I've encountered much worse liners (for instance, my Sabas liners were a lot weaker than these), and it's not noticeable when I use the gloves.
Finger tip foam: 7 (probably would have said 4 or 5 before). I complained about the foam at the finger tips, and this should no longer be an issue for those who order through Scarphe. But I must say that despite the foam pieces coming apart, it hasn't torn as I expected it to. The foam is attached to a more durable piece of cloth. The foam will come off, but will not tear through (which was my primary concern). Fortunately, this will not be a problem in my future pairs from Scarphe (I have two on the way) as he has figured out a solution to this problem. The gloves will have a felt-like material which is similar to Grant gloves, apparently.

Has anyone who ordered Zeus gloves in recent months received their gloves?

Still waiting on mine ordered April 22nd.

Update: I retired the Zeus gloves about a month ago (so after seven months of use). The gloves served me well and actually still have a lot of life left in terms of padding; the only issue is the liner came apart.

I'm still waiting on my next pair. I will update when those arrive. I believe they've already been shipped.

@deh707: That is to say, I'm still waiting to get my pair. Didn't you get a tracking number? What does the tracking number say?

Update: I retired the Zeus gloves about a month ago (so after seven months of use). The gloves served me well and actually still have a lot of life left in terms of padding; the only issue is the liner came apart.

I'm still waiting on my next pair. I will update when those arrive. I believe they've already been shipped.

@deh707: That is to say, I'm still waiting to get my pair. Didn't you get a tracking number? What does the tracking number say?

He said he was going to give me the tracking #, but still hasn't.

Did you get your #? And when did you place your most recent order?

Good looking gloves. Those logos are badass.
I searched around but couldn't find any info other than that email.
Does he have an instagram, Facebook or web page?

Good looking gloves. Those logos are badass.
I searched around but couldn't find any info other than that email.
Does he have an instagram, Facebook or web page?
Mainly through email and messaging on this forum.

A few of us on here have ordered and have been waiting on our orders from him for a bit. If I were you, I'd maybe wait a bit; I think Scarphe has a lot going on in his life right now and I don't know how that is affecting his ability to respond promptly/do business.

Just an update about the Red Wine gloves (pictured above). Still haven't received them. It appears they may have been lost in transit.

In any case, Scarphe told me he'd refund my money and have the gloves re-made and sent here. I'm still waiting on the refund and the gloves, but I will update here once I receive them.

An update: it's been about eight months since I ordered a pair of gloves from Scarphe that I have not yet received. I've since ordered a second pair (my mistake). They were supposed to arrive several months ago, but Scarphe told me that they must have been lost in transit. He's said this to several other people who have placed orders as well. Since then he has repeatedly told me that he would send replacement gear and refund the full amount (a total of $250 for me, so not a little money) and he has failed to do so. This has happened more than a dozen times over the past four months or so and is extremely frustrating. I am really not sure whether he will ever end up shipping the gloves—given the number of times he said he would and hasn't, I am pretty doubtful.

I will update if things change, but I am pretty disappointed about all this.

Anyway, that's all.

Last edited:
An update: it's been about eight months since I ordered a pair of gloves from Scarphe. I've since ordered another pair. They were supposed to arrive several months ago, but Scarphe told me that they must have been lost in transit. He's said this to several other people who have placed orders as well. Since then he has repeatedly told me that he would send replacement gear and refund the full amount (a total of $250 for me, so not a little money) and he has failed to do so. This has happened more than a dozen times over the past four months or so and is extremely frustrating. I am really not sure whether he will ever end up shipping the gloves—given the number of times he said he would and hasn't, I am pretty doubtful.

Anyway, that's all.

Yep, same boat as you.

Ordered a pair back in April.

Still waiting...

An update: it's been about eight months since I ordered a pair of gloves from Scarphe that I have not yet received. I've since ordered a second pair (my mistake). They were supposed to arrive several months ago, but Scarphe told me that they must have been lost in transit. He's said this to several other people who have placed orders as well. Since then he has repeatedly told me that he would send replacement gear and refund the full amount (a total of $250 for me, so not a little money) and he has failed to do so. This has happened more than a dozen times over the past four months or so and is extremely frustrating. I am really not sure whether he will ever end up shipping the gloves—given the number of times he said he would and hasn't, I am pretty doubtful.

Anyway, that's all.

Did you get the refund ?

Did you get the refund ?
No refund. He’s told me a dozen times he would give it that day or the next but has consistently failed to follow through. Today he said he would refund me, but he never really commits to when that will actually be.

No refund. He’s told me a dozen times he would give it that day or the next but has consistently failed to follow through. Today he said he would refund me, but he never really commits to when that will actually be.

Man I hope you paid via PayPal or something similar so you can file a dispute. WTF went wrong there ? It's sad cause his gloves were sick.

Man I hope you paid via PayPal or something similar so you can file a dispute. WTF went wrong there ? It's sad cause his gloves were sick.
His Paypal account has been deactivated. I opened a Moneygram account and waited for several hours for him to transfer the money and he didn't do it. This has happened several times.

I really don't get what's going on. Maybe he is having personal issues? Idk. He said the replacement gloves were ready to ship over a month ago—every time I ask for updates he either doesn't respond for a while or he tells me that he will ship them "tomorrow." Same thing happens with the refund. I would have purchased more gloves from him, but that won't be happening anymore.

I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he's failed to deliver again and again. I told him to just admit that he's a dishonest person and I would stop bugging him about the gear/refund, but he claims he will refund me and ship the replacement gloves. He always has some excuse, though. It's pretty damn frustrating. I get angry thinking about it.

His Paypal account has been deactivated. I opened a Moneygram account and waited for several hours for him to transfer the money and he didn't do it. This has happened several times.

I really don't get what's going on. Maybe he is having personal issues? Idk. He said the replacement gloves were ready to ship over a month ago—every time I ask for updates he either doesn't respond for a while or he tells me that he will ship them "tomorrow." Same thing happens with the refund. I would have purchased more gloves from him, but that won't be happening anymore.

I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he's failed to deliver again and again. I told him to just admit that he's a dishonest person and I would stop bugging him about the gear/refund, but he claims he will refund me and ship the replacement gloves. He always has some excuse, though. It's pretty damn frustrating. I get angry thinking about it.

Man I am really sorry for you. Hopefully you will get your $ back...

Back