Prime Cain vs Jon Jones - who would win?

His prime practically ended the night that he beat Brock Lesnar. He tore his shoulder that night. So it began..

Jon Jones, Jones would do what Werdum did except it would be more vicious because Jones would go for GnP instead of baiting Cain into his guard and effectively a guillotine.

God's Champion (throwback Jones nickname).

Jon Jones, Jones would do what Werdum did except it would be more vicious because Jones would go for GnP instead of baiting Cain into his guard and effectively a guillotine.
jones has no jab. werdum used the jab.

jones has never fought at heavyweight. What i would say, is that the cain that beat jds twice tko's bones.

jones has no jab. werdum used the jab.
Jones has other ways of keeping distance, with his reach he doesn't need a tremendous jab to keep Cain at bay, especially with the nasty shit that would come behind it.

Jones has other ways of keeping distance, with his reach he doesn't need a tremendous jab to keep Cain at bay, especially with the nasty shit that would come behind it.
yeah he would. JDs has a great jab and cross and couldnt keep cain off him the 2nd and 3rd fight. Brain damage and ko power in both hands. Some foot kicks wouldnt stop cain.

What a retarded question. How are we supposed to know? Have you ever seen Jon fighting at HW? Have you ever seen him against an heavier, stronger and more powerful elite fighter? The man cuts weight to fight smaller people. Who knows how good he would be at HW.

I think Jones would win a close fight. He could handle Cain's pressure and pace and dish it back similar to how he's done with DC.

I think Jones would win a close fight. He could handle Cain's pressure and pace and dish it back similar to how he's done with DC.
cain has textbook kickboxing, he wouldnt make the same mistake dc did.

Cain all day...Suck it Jones groupies

yeah he would. JDs has a great jab and cross and couldnt keep cain off him the 2nd and 3rd fight. Brain damage and ko power in both hands. Some foot kicks wouldnt stop cain.
LOL, Jones isn't going to get put against the cage and butchered like JDS, too strong and too versatile. Comparing JDS to Jones is ludicrous anyway, they couldn't be more different.

the more interesting bet would be who fails to show up to fight and who pulls out.

cain injured, or jones, well, em, urm....jones?

Jones doesn't have the power to KO Cain. At some point Cain would get him down and pound him out.
Jones is a great wrestler. Cain is probably the greatest wrestler in the history of mma.

LOL, Jones isn't going to get put against the cage and butchered like JDS, too strong and too versatile. Comparing JDS to Jones is ludicrous anyway, they couldn't be more different.
yeah prime JDS actually hits like a truck and knocks people out cold with his punches standing. he was also plenty versatile. he ko'd hunt cold with a spinning crescent kick.
Junior-dos-Santos-Mark-Hunt-UFC-160.png

I think Cain outworks him to a decision or late tko.Cain covers sooo much more distance than Cormier and his striking and defense is way better.I think Cain would land a lot on Jones and stifle Jones' attack with his aggression and not just walk into everything like Cormier.

The cain velasquez that fought brock lesnar will manhandle and maul jon jones

Back