THE SINNER (Season 3 Discussion)

G

Guestx

For anyone who may be interested, this just kicked off on USA. I think it looks interesting so I'll at least check out the pilot.

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks awful in the show previews. I didn't even recognize it was her.

Just saw swimming scene but avoided showing Biels ass. Fuck this show

Yeah I've heard about this whydunit crime thriller. It seemed like the premise might be better suited for a 2-hour movie than stretching it out to eight episodes. But as usual, I'll check it out for myself.

I'm going to check it out.

Not sure why, but here on Mountain Time everything starts late as shit. It's advertised as 10ET/9CT, but it premieres here at 11. The fuck?

Does everything really have to be about whether a girl is hot or not?

I mean, in TV shows there's this thing called the story. . .

Well in fairness to that dude, it's not like biel is Meryl Streep.

If your only strength is your appearance then it's natural for people to lose interest when that fades.

But personally i think she's still hot as hell. Maybe I'm getting old. And the show looks awesome. Great premise

Well in fairness to that dude, it's not like biel is Meryl Streep.

If your only strength is your appearance then it's natural for people to lose interest when that fades.

But personally i think she's still hot as hell. Maybe I'm getting old. And the show looks awesome. Great premise

I haven't seen here in anything in ages, so I have no idea what her acting is like these days. But even if it's only adequate, if the plot is compelling then the show should still be a winner.

I do lose my patience a bit with dudes who think a female's only useful quality is her looks and sexuality. Obviously that is important, but there's more to a human being than that.

It's like I have this friend and any time I ask him, "What do you think of _______?"--just insert any actress's name--then he immediately assumes I'm asking about her looks. I'm like, maybe I'm asking about her acting talent and the quality of the films she's been in?

Her role in that adam Sandler movie may have been one of the best showcases of hotness in cinema history

Just finished Ep 1.

I'm not totally bowled over, but I enjoyed it enough to go ahead and pencil in the second episode for next Wednesday.

It was mentioned earlier that Jessica Biel is not an A-level actress. That may be true, but she actually is doing a pretty kick ass job here. I'll say that if she's not A-level, she's certainly trying to be.

The score on Metacritic right now is a 70. That seems like a fair score to me. At least after one episode, I'm feeling like it's a well-made show, telling an intriguing tale. Not a great show, but better than average.

It is, at the very least, better than what USA usually produces. I have always felt like their original programming is pretty shitty. There's just something about it. It feels . . . I dunno, sterile. This is better than their usual stuff and it seems that they think they have something big here. The advertisement is splashed all over the IMDB homepage and before the episode tonight there was a countdown clock and during commercial breaks there was also a countdown showing how long until the break was over. I think they're attempting here to become a major player in terms of original cable programming, along with networks like AMC and FX.

I saw the preview but didn't watch it. Maybe later.

I'm calling it today...

The dude she stabbed raped her or something as a kid.

Biel's appeal is gone so no.

46053ba42e901e9744cd216cca0def7f--texas-chainsaw-massacre-jessica-biel.jpg

Jessica-Biel-the-Texas-Chainsaw-Massacre-2003-5.jpg

It lives on through whispers and distant memories of better days.

Back