EA UFC 3 (Update: RPM Tech Striking Deep Dive Blog)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yari

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
UFC3ps4PFT2Dfront.jpg

Releasedate: February 2nd

Gameinformer:
"The striking gameplay has also received an overhaul, but the scheme still feels familiar for those who played UFC 2. In the second game of the series, you not only used the left stick for movement, but also to modify strikes like uppercuts and head kicks. In UFC 3, the left stick is purely for movement, while the modifiers are sent to the bumpers and triggers. In addition, uppercuts are now thrown by pressing two face buttons at the same time, resulting in more intuitive exchanges. This took me some getting used to, but by the end of my first match, I was trading strikes like a true contender."

"The addition of vulnerability frames encourages more counter-punching, as strikes do more damage if you hit them during certain portions of their attacks. More powerful strikes have wider vulnerability frames, meaning that you have a bigger window to do serious damage if your opponent is throwing a Superman punch than if they're throwing a quick hook. For example, I was able to easily rock my opponent by interrupting their head kick with a straight right. The new controls also allow you to feint attacks by pressing the block button when throwing a strike. The ground game hasn't changed as drastically, but new cage positions, reversals, and tutorials further evolve this all-important aspect of MMA."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...reer-mode.aspx

BETA SIGN-UP https://www.easports.com/ufc/beta (STARTS NOVEMBER 27)

-----

November 10 Update -
Trailer #2

Striking blog:

https://www.ea.com/games/ufc/ufc-3/news/real-player-motion-tech-striking-deep-dive?isLocalized=true

Last edited:
I saw Uriah Hall was doing mo cap for quite a bit of strikes, hopefully they can get things to flow more naturally. THQ by the 3rd game finally started to figure things out so hopefully EA Sports can, they just have a horrible track record with career/franchise type stuff which is what this game badly needs as an upgrade.

hopefully this project is put on ice in favor of Fight Night. I'm not against MMA, but I believe demand should be built up just like there is right now for a good current gen boxing game.

hopefully this project is put on ice in favor of Fight Night. I'm not against MMA, but I believe demand should be built up just like there is right now for a good current gen boxing game.
It won't be though, it is scheduled for a release around March '18. I do want a boxing game myself as well but I honestly question that demand you are talking about.

Some things I would like to see in the game would be...

1. A Story mode like Fight Night champions has.

2. A legends mode with the old UFC cage from the 90's and No Holds Barred Rules.

3. Pride Mode.

4. Venues from some of the promotions the UFC has bought out. Strikeforce, WEC, WFA, IFL, etc...

5. Focus more on having old school fighters in their Prime on the roster vs having a bunch of mid teir to lower tier guys that are currently with the UFC.

6. I know this is asking too much, but a K-1 rules mode with Big Gloves and analog stick striking would be sweet too.

Last edited:
Imo I still think THQ's UFC 3 plays better than any of the EA UFC games. EA UFC is by all means not a bad game, but there is still a lot of room for improvement as far as the gameplay is concerned.

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO WALK FORWARD WHILE THROWING A JAB!

Is that too much to ask for? It's the one thing about the Fight Night control scheme that was awesome.

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO WALK FORWARD WHILE THROWING A JAB!

Is that too much to ask for? It's the one thing about the Fight Night control scheme that was awesome.
Honestly I think the thing that annoyed me the most with this franchise is that I came in thinking that the striking would be awesome because the team had such experience working on those kind of games, and it was so underwhelming compared to the Fight Night games, it did not even match other MMA games we had in the past.

The whole damage system and stamina system were awful. Yeah I hope they have that, walking while throwing a jab. I don't see them changing controller schemes back to what FN had though, so hope it is possible on the current one.

They did tease bringing an old school fan favorite onto the 3rd edition so I'm assuming that's pride. They could easily make a ghetto version of pride and strikeforce along with some others and throw those into career as regional areas.

It would be nice if they just created some fake MMA leagues to go along with the game.

The idea of starting my CAF at 0-0 in the TUF house or UFC always kinda took something away from the experience for me.

They did tease bringing an old school fan favorite onto the 3rd edition so I'm assuming that's pride. They could easily make a ghetto version of pride and strikeforce along with some others and throw those into career as regional areas.
I must have missed that tease, when was that?

Yeah I do hope for Pride. It took Undisputed 3 games to get there. I'm not sure if EA can do it in 3. The fact that Goldberg is out of the picture now and they have to record an entirely new commentary crew probably is not going to help that case.

It would be nice if they just created some fake MMA leagues to go along with the game.

The idea of starting my CAF at 0-0 in the TUF house or UFC always kinda took something away from the experience for me.

And then winning TUF only to start from the bottom of the barrel on basically the first Fight Pass prelim. Usually if you win TUF in real life you end up on some Fight Night main cards or main event of FS1 prelims leading into PPVs. I hate EA's career mode.

And then winning TUF only to start from the bottom of the barrel on basically the first Fight Pass prelim. Usually if you win TUF in real life you end up on some Fight Night main cards or main event of FS1 prelims leading into PPVs. I hate EA's career mode.

Also i could be wrong but EA can't even give you a detailed record of your fights other than like '10-0' or whatever. Not a record of who you've beaten. It's the little details that make it feel less authentic then what it really is.

The one thing that kept me coming back was the Event creator. I was able to play out a more satisfying career mode through there.

I must have missed that tease, when was that?

Yeah I do hope for Pride. It took Undisputed 3 games to get there. I'm not sure if EA can do it in 3. The fact that Goldberg is out of the picture now and they have to record an entirely new commentary crew probably is not going to help that case.
I remember they mentioned it on Twitter, I'll look for the link to it. It was from a Q/A if I remember correctly.

Hope these goofs make it available on PC.

I doubt it. EA doesn't even port Madden, NHL, MLB, or NBA games to the PC anymore. They also never ported the fight night games to the PC either. The mods would be awesome though, I can only imagine what that community could do with a UFC game.

Last edited:
Please EA pay homage to the legends of old and give me

Don Frye
Kevin Randleman
Mark Kerr
Murilo Bustamante
Tank Abbott
Carlos Newton

Please Dana bury the hatchet so that we may get

Tito Ortiz
Ken Shamrock
Frank Shamrock
Randy Couture

Hell UFC owns Pride and THQ put dudes in Undisputed 3 that never fought in the UFC...Bob Sapp, etc....with that said...I want Ricardo Arona and a Pride mode

Got zero hype for this at the moment. The last game was garbage.

THQ damn near perfected MMA video game design, then EA comes along and basically tried re-answer all the questions that THQ had figured out, but most of their answers just weren't as good.

Nothing in EA UFC2 felt as good as UFC3.

The striking was ridiculous. Arcade moves, parry fests, no damage, etc.

The grappling felt clunky and slow. For example, getting into mount and posturing up. You're just there hovering over the guy on bottom and it just felt robotic. There's none of the tension and struggle that UFC3 has.

The Career mode was honestly embarrassing. I lost 2 fights in my career and at the end all I get was a text box telling me I've taken too much damage and I should hit the practice drills. It's like they put as little effort as they possible could into Career mode.

Oh, and the A.I lol. On the hardest diff you can just walk forward throwing 1-2s and the A.I is so poor that it has no idea what to do. You also used to get strikers like Joanna and Conor going for Takedowns every round for some reason.

please overhaul the ground game, no more mini games and watching meters!! i didn't have that problem in the thq ones!

Also i could be wrong but EA can't even give you a detailed record of your fights other than like '10-0' or whatever. Not a record of who you've beaten. It's the little details that make it feel less authentic then what it really is.

The one thing that kept me coming back was the Event creator. I was able to play out a more satisfying career mode through there.
Take your career mode guy into exhibition and he's 0-0 and making their pro debut.

THQ got that part right too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back